• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.T. State the last movie you watched and rate it

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rate my "vonted" Ottoneu team that I have $50 riding on:

C: Stephen Vogt
C: Evan Gattis
1B: Daniel Murphy
2B: Jose Altuve
SS: Trea Turner
MI: Asdrubal Cabrera
3B: Jose Reyes
OF: Yoenis Cespedes
OF: Odubel Herrera
OF: Randal Grichuk
OF: Hunter Pence
OF: Curtis Granderson
UTIL: Greg Bird

Bench: Yangervis Solarte
Bench: Jungo-ho Kang
Bench: Kevin Kiermaier
Bench: Seth Smith
Bench: Tyler Naquin

Minors: Amed Rosario (NYM AA)
Matt Chapman (OAK AAA)
Kyle Tucker (HOU A+)

SP: Noah Syndergaard
SP: Justin Verlander
SP: Rick Porcello
SP: Masahiro Tanaka
SP: Drew Pomeranz

RP: Jim Johnson
RP: Derek Law
RP: Ryan Madson
RP: Hector Rondon
RP: Dan Otero

Bench: Wei-Yin Chen
Bench: Mike Foltynewicz
Bench: Trevor Bauer
Bench: Luis Severino
Bench: Pedro Strop

Minors: Amir Garrett (CIN AAA)

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many Mets, but it looks like you have a solid pitching staff. My only problem is at catcher where you failed to take The Bull.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imitation of Life (1934): 0.5/5 stars. I'm just starting to realize that cinema in the '30s and '40s was shit, and I refuse to grade on a curve. I'm not talking about Avatar special-effects, but when the movie revolves around someone starting a pancake bar in fucking Atlantic City and turning their business into millions, the story is fucking shit, and that's all I have to say about that.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imitation of Life (1934): 0.5/5 stars. I'm just starting to realize that cinema in the '30s and '40s was shit, and I refuse to grade on a curve. I'm not talking about Avatar special-effects, but when the movie revolves around someone starting a pancake bar in fucking Atlantic City and turning their business into millions, the story is fucking shit, and that's all I have to say about that.
A pancake bar, you say? That's actually a brilliant idea. A. Was that based on a true story and 2. Is it still there?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pancake bar, you say? That's actually a brilliant idea. A. Was that based on a true story and 2. Is it still there?
No, it was based on a book. They had a bar where you sat down and ordered syrup too (the black lady made the pancakes and the white lady made the syrup. Of course the black lady refused the 20% of the business she was offered, as she claims she was also meant to be a servant for the Lord and his people).

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrival. 2/5. Thought provoking, sure. But I hated the aliens who showed up in egg-shaped money saving craft, sporting armless torsos with ink-writing, spewing giant squid feet. or, heptopods, as they were called. Okay, non-linear time, great concept but I can do without the mysticism and how it interconnected to the woman's life-death experience indicated by repeated, annoying flashbacks. I've seen those cryptic circular symbols before. Those guys were talking to me when I worked for Lucent Technologies. Omar gave it a 5/5 awhile back. Whatever.
lucent2.png

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrival. 2/5. Thought provoking, sure. But I hated the aliens who showed up in egg-shaped money saving craft, sporting armless torsos with ink-writing, spewing giant squid feet. or, heptopods, as they were called. Okay, non-linear time, great concept but I can do without the mysticism and how it interconnected to the woman's life-death experience indicated by repeated, annoying flashbacks. I've seen those cryptic circular symbols before. Those guys were talking to me when I worked for Lucent Technologies. Omar gave it a 5/5 awhile back. Whatever.
View attachment 157278
You're talking about the third greatest film of all time, bruh

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Passenger this past weekend. 3.5/5 Stars.

Good movie, with a very interesting moral question. Biggest complaint to get it to 4 stars was because the ending was lacking.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Passenger this past weekend. 3.5/5 Stars.

Good movie, with a very interesting moral question. Biggest complaint to get it to 4 stars was because the ending was lacking.

Yeah, maybe they could have picked up the action after 20 years or so so we could witness all the debauchery going on. Not too much though with two people, an android, and some robots.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A History of Violence: 3/5 stars. Goes to show that you can get a great turn out of actors even if they aren't stars in Viggo Mortensen. I certainly would not say that I loved this film, and many parts of it were hard to watch (typical Cronenberg). But it was never boring, and the ending was somewhat stirring and thought-provoking. My biggest complaint was that I wish the film had more meaning to it. It somewhat served as a tale of the duplicity of human nature, but this is largely only referenced, and comes nowhere near reaching Breaking Bad levels. Nor does it reach Breaking Bad status in regards to the main character's character arc, as it is never shown on screen.

A more interesting thematic content to the movie, and it could have easily been rated higher.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Into the Wild.

Good movie 4/5. A little long at times. Always been a dream of mine to head into the wild and live off the land.

The end was kind of a downer. I was pulling for him to make it out alive.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rate my "vonted" Ottoneu team that I have $50 riding on:

C: Stephen Vogt
C: Evan Gattis
1B: Daniel Murphy
2B: Jose Altuve
SS: Trea Turner
MI: Asdrubal Cabrera
3B: Jose Reyes
OF: Yoenis Cespedes
OF: Odubel Herrera
OF: Randal Grichuk
OF: Hunter Pence
OF: Curtis Granderson
UTIL: Greg Bird

Bench: Yangervis Solarte
Bench: Jungo-ho Kang
Bench: Kevin Kiermaier
Bench: Seth Smith
Bench: Tyler Naquin

Minors: Amed Rosario (NYM AA)
Matt Chapman (OAK AAA)
Kyle Tucker (HOU A+)

SP: Noah Syndergaard
SP: Justin Verlander
SP: Rick Porcello
SP: Masahiro Tanaka
SP: Drew Pomeranz

RP: Jim Johnson
RP: Derek Law
RP: Ryan Madson
RP: Hector Rondon
RP: Dan Otero

Bench: Wei-Yin Chen
Bench: Mike Foltynewicz
Bench: Trevor Bauer
Bench: Luis Severino
Bench: Pedro Strop

Minors: Amir Garrett (CIN AAA)
Solid team. A little heavy on the K rate. How many in the league?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody Wants Some, 3/5 Stars. Billed as kind of a sequel to Dazed and Confused it follows the members of a College baseball team on the days leading up to their first classes. It was amusing enough but there was really too many characters and not time to develop any of them. I could even keep track of who was who (several had bad 70's mustaches and looked similar). The music was good and it was an interesting way to show different genres of the time but to me it fell way short of Dazed and Confused. (Although I may watch it again just to see if I pick up anything else)