• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.M.G.....the best qb in the league has been released

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You heard it here first.

JOSH MCNOWN HAS BEEN RELEASED

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you missed backup. Best backup quarterback in the league, a man who knows his place and willingly carries the elite quarterbacks jock.

With no backup here, I would still take him back, otherwise tresty will get him.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG-animated-gifs.gif

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring him back..........nah his time has passed.

We could have used him last season.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is simply... funny. I do remember laughing.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bring him back in a heartbeat.

In the same position he was before. Backup who's not going to Caleb Hanie you a game and will work with the younger players tirelessly to help them improve, not just during the offseason.

Also seemed to work well with/get along with Cutler(if he's staying) better than half of his QB coaches seem to lol.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay- McCown played well for 5 games in Chicago in 2013. To the tune of a 2-3 record. Good for him.

When he goes elsewhere in 2014- he is awful. (and resorts back to his typical career stats)

What I don't understand is that some seem to think that a new coaching staff, GM, playbook, personal...etc. He will turn 36 this year. Has a broken thumb. (kinda important for a QB)
The book on McCown is he's not that good, unless he's in a perfect situation with Trestman. That's not the 2015 Chicago Bears.
Good guy. Bad QB. No thanks.

If anything, I would want another CHEAP vet starter as backup. Bring Pickle back... don't care.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay- McCown played well for 5 games in Chicago in 2013. To the tune of a 2-3 record. Good for him.

When he goes elsewhere in 2014- he is awful. (and resorts back to his typical career stats)

What I don't understand is that some seem to think that a new coaching staff, GM, playbook, personal...etc. He will turn 36 this year. Has a broken thumb. (kinda important for a QB)
The book on McCown is he's not that good, unless he's in a perfect situation with Trestman. That's not the 2015 Chicago Bears.
Good guy. Bad QB. No thanks.

If anything, I would want another CHEAP vet starter as backup. Bring Pickle back... don't care.

Nobody is saying to replace Jay, nobody is saying to compete with Jay, its the entire picture of Jay not having any competition, a guy that does what he is told, a guy that runs the system and sits his ass back on the bench when Jay is ready, the collective of Jay talking to the guy about the game and not avoiding him because he is there to take his job.

Jay plays better with McCown as his backup. We want Jay to play better.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for the Bears anymore, but if I was Trestman in Baltimore, I might consider kicking those tires yet again. He could help out a lot. Knows the system, can help teach it to Flacco et al.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all for not because Lovie is going to make him a qb coach or something according to some on this board

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his 18 turnovers in 11 games ? That's even better than Jay

Tampa Bay`s offense and the Bears offense are spitting image of each other......:rollseyes:

But his time here has passed...............No thanks

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being reported that McCown met with Pace and Fox this morning at the combine...
YES!!! McCown will be coming back!!! I can't wait!! (oh sarcasm is fun)

Foxy and Pace haven't given any info on players today- very noncommittal on all the question marks- Cutler, Marshall...and the rest of the lot.
IT was mentioned they would be likely be in a base 3-4 scheme. Could that signal a draft pick of the monster Zero Tech that everyone is talking about? (I can't think of his name at the moment)

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Packers are gonna release AJ Hawk. I think it would be a good pickup to organize the defense. Yes he is older, but he can still tackle.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what, after the presser today, I'm not wondering if the Bears ARE going to keep Jay. That was a real shaky response by Fox with regards to Jay, today...

C

cubzzzfanincali

whatever they decide to do, there's no reason they shouldn't be careful in making it. Obviously, Cutler is the most important decision affecting the franchise, and Marshall probably the second most (his cap hit hit is behind Allen's but his contract lasts much longer) important. So they need to get these decisions right, however that plays out. These guys are in it for the long haul, and building a franchise right means getting the biggest decisions right.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what, after the presser today, I'm not wondering if the Bears ARE going to keep Jay. That was a real shaky response by Fox with regards to Jay, today...

What`d they,what`d they say,what`d they say...........I wanna know.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What`d they,what`d they say,what`d they say...........I wanna know.

Fox was very non committal about Jay... Said stuff like, "We aren't up against any deadline in dealing with Jay, so we will continue to evaluate him and make a decision in due time". Certainly not the, " Jay's our QB of the future" we got from the last crew. It kind of surprised me, really leaves the door open to Jay not being here next year. I thought with his salary constraint, it would be hard for him NOT to be here next season.

Dunno.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox was very non committal about Jay... Said stuff like, "We aren't up against any deadline in dealing with Jay, so we will continue to evaluate him and make a decision in due time". Certainly not the, " Jay's our QB of the future" we got from the last crew. It kind of surprised me, really leaves the door open to Jay not being here next year. I thought with his salary constraint, it would be hard for him NOT to be here next season.

Dunno.

That definetley does leave it wide open........:evil:

I really don`t want him back myself,but we probably don`t have another choice.

options to me would be:
Titans trade for him.(I would take Mett for him)
Just let him go and pay him........Then sign Sanchez.(I would take Sanchez.Same production as Jay but the cost would be unbearable):doh:
Find other takers and draft one of the two with some kind of package deal for the spot we could land one....

I don`t know whats gonna happen,but like you said,it leaves the door open for an interesting month or two..

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we sign McCown as a backup/qb coach........kill 2 birds with one stone. Kinda like lovie wanted to