• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O.C.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Greg Roman re-re-evaluation: If you were paying attention during his 49ers tenure, you actually don't have to keep changing your mind - Talking Points

So true, but seemed to me the fans hated Roman much more than York/Baalke? We read the 'hate' right here, every day. We read so much about how his play calling wasn't good, wasn't imaginative. But now we know Kaep is even more limited than we thought.

Roman couldn't vary his passing game cause of Kaep's limitations, yet had to call some plays opponents could read.

Anyway, other than lean run, just go with what Kaep does best, throw middle of field between the 20's, outside the numbers in the Red Zone. Call some running plays for Kaep, and not worry about injury. That is his strength and not passing, so use it.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Roman wasn't that bad, people just needed a scape goat. It's easier to blame a coach than a player or players.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Greg Roman re-re-evaluation: If you were paying attention during his 49ers tenure, you actually don't have to keep changing your mind - Talking Points

So true, but seemed to me the fans hated Roman much more than York/Baalke? We read the 'hate' right here, every day. We read so much about how his play calling wasn't good, wasn't imaginative. But now we know Kaep is even more limited than we thought.

Roman couldn't vary his passing game cause of Kaep's limitations, yet had to call some plays opponents could read.

Anyway, other than lean run, just go with what Kaep does best, throw middle of field between the 20's, outside the numbers in the Red Zone. Call some running plays for Kaep, and not worry about injury. That is his strength and not passing, so use it.

Deep, I just posted the NN link above to show that Roman is focused on the run game in Buffalo and not the passing game. And Kawakaki wants to credit Roman for the Bills Passing game. I don't care for Kawakami at all. I consider him the National Enquirer of local sports radio. In this article, Kawakami oversimplifies things. Yes, Roman gets alot of blame for last season's offensive woes, but it isn't like others weren't blamed also. Harbaugh took some blame. And yes, there are all types of opinions as too passing too much vs too conservative. That is always the case when things aren't going well. Still, there is no denying issues last year with offensive coaching, some of which Roman has to take issue with. There were games last year where the 49ers started off running the ball very well only to abandon the run early. Thats on the coaches. One of the dumbest comments in this article is where Kawakami states the 49ers were sticking it Roman by promoting Chryst. Typical Kawakami nonsense. Prior to promoting Chryst, the 49ers offered the OC position to at least three different people that we know of and we know they were interested in others. They promoted Chryst simply because they failed in getting anyone better.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman was bad and our new OC is just as bad. We haven't had a real OC in a long time. My dislike of Roman was what he did last year. He went away from what we were good at(Power running game). No OC would change what has been working. Now some blame might be on Harbaugh for maybe not letting Kap run more. Overall Roman sucks and our OC now sucks.

Overall it doesn't matter because our Oline sucks and KAp hasn't improved, plus the D has took a BIG step backwards.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Roman was bad and our new OC is just as bad. We haven't had a real OC in a long time. My dislike of Roman was what he did last year. He went away from what we were good at(Power running game). No OC would change what has been working. Now some blame might be on Harbaugh for maybe not letting Kap run more. Overall Roman sucks and our OC now sucks.

Overall it doesn't matter because our Oline sucks and KAp hasn't improved, plus the D has took a BIG step backwards.

No, Kaep's limitations are telling, loud and clear.

Do think Kaep will have better games than Sunday, even a few SOLID games. But clearly this lack of consistency doesn't cut it. Baalke will have to seriously consider QB's next off season, hopefully via draft, but maybe free agency..

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Kaep's limitations are telling, loud and clear.

Do think Kaep will have better games than Sunday, even a few SOLID games. But clearly this lack of consistency doesn't cut it. Baalke will have to seriously consider QB's next off season, hopefully via draft, but maybe free agency..
I disagree, Yes Kap is part of the problem but these OC suck and have no clue what they are doing. Even players on the other teams are saying how easy our game plan is. They can tell and read almost every play. That's on the Coach.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaepernick can be salvaged, and here’s how to do it

Yes, on my first post, last paragraph, this is what i meant. At this point you let Kaep throw it how he does best, throw to where he does best. You don't do it exclusively, but certainly lean to it. No doubt the O-line remains an issue, but since nothing is working anyway, we might as well start with the QB's strength.

You also call more plays where he runs, via the option or even delays, naked, etc.. we can't worry about him getting hurt.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree, Yes Kap is part of the problem but these OC suck and have no clue what they are doing. Even players on the other teams are saying how easy our game plan is. They can tell and read almost every play. That's on the Coach.

going back to 2012, we've seen videos and read countless times how someone IS wide open, but Kaep didn't see him. How many more games do you need to see?

How long will we continue to blame the O-line and play-calling? Do other top QB's ALL have solid O-lines and top OC's? Did they have this every single year of their career?

the QB is supposed to make it easier on 10 other players, not obtain 10 solid players to make the QB look good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going back to 2012, we've seen videos and read countless times how someone IS wide open, but Kaep didn't see him. How many more games do you need to see?

How long will we continue to blame the O-line and play-calling? Do other top QB's ALL have solid O-lines and top OC's? Did they have this every single year of their career?

the QB is supposed to make it easier on 10 other players, not obtain 10 solid players to make the QB look good.
Until its fixed. Kap is also to blame. When we had a good Oline Kap was fine. the last 2 years with a bad Oline he was bad.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of OCs, I was impressed with Chryst's press conference. he seems very personnable and open when speaking to the press. very refreshing after watching the passive aggressive style of Harbaugh. Chryst kept a smile and actually answered the questions in a thoughtful manner.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of OCs, I was impressed with Chryst's press conference. he seems very personnable and open when speaking to the press. very refreshing after watching the passive aggressive style of Harbaugh. Chryst kept a smile and actually answered the questions in a thoughtful manner.

I was going to listen to that today. I heard Mangini wasn't very good. I don't think I really ever listened to Harbaugh's press conferences. I used to listen to Harbaugh's show on KNBR and only because I was on my way to work. Harbaugh's show was bad. It was often really awkward for Murph and Mac. Harbaugh would give one word answers and then there would be moments of awkward silence that the hosts had to deal with. Harbaugh never really answered any questions directly, he would give these useless responses. Harbaugh was good about addressing player injuries but that was it. Roman and Fangio were pretty good interviews and I would listen to them, but I never went out of my way to listen to Harbaugh.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deep, at this point they are both to blame. There are serious issues with both Kap and the offensive line. With consistently good pass protection, I think Kap would be playing better. Not saying great or would be a franchise QB, but this line is affecting his play. A couple of the pics sunday were a result of pressure. I think part of the reason his mechanics are off is he is rushing throws. Some of the pics are completely on him. I also think he gets rattled. Not all top QB's have great olines, but this line is worst in the NFL at pass blocking and I think even the top QB's are going to have problems with a line that allows pressure on the QB on half of his dropbacks. I am not excusing Kap's poor performance last week, but we can switch QB's and this team is still going to struggle offensively until the line issues are addressed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to listen to that today. I heard Mangini wasn't very good. I don't think I really ever listened to Harbaugh's press conferences. I used to listen to Harbaugh's show on KNBR and only because I was on my way to work. Harbaugh's show was bad. It was often really awkward for Murph and Mac. Harbaugh would give one word answers and then there would be moments of awkward silence that the hosts had to deal with. Harbaugh never really answered any questions directly, he would give these useless responses. Harbaugh was good about addressing player injuries but that was it. Roman and Fangio were pretty good interviews and I would listen to them, but I never went out of my way to listen to Harbaugh.
That's what I mean by Harbaugh's passive aggressive attitude with the press. He enjoed making things uncomnfortable for them. Good coach but a real asshole in my opinion. As for Mangini, I always thought him a blowhard and an ego maniac.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mean by Harbaugh's passive aggressive attitude with the press. He enjoed making things uncomnfortable for them. Good coach but a real asshole in my opinion. As for Mangini, I always thought him a blowhard and an ego maniac.
I heard when Mangini was a head coach his personality rubbed players the wrong way and it became an issue in the locker room

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deep, at this point they are both to blame. There are serious issues with both Kap and the offensive line. With consistently good pass protection, I think Kap would be playing better. Not saying great or would be a franchise QB, but this line is affecting his play. A couple of the pics sunday were a result of pressure. I think part of the reason his mechanics are off is he is rushing throws. Some of the pics are completely on him. I also think he gets rattled. Not all top QB's have great olines, but this line is worst in the NFL at pass blocking and I think even the top QB's are going to have problems with a line that allows pressure on the QB on half of his dropbacks. I am not excusing Kap's poor performance last week, but we can switch QB's and this team is still going to struggle offensively until the line issues are addressed.

Yes, no doubt both Kaep and O-line are to blame. No doubt the performance of the O-line affects how Kaep plays. But that post was in response to purguy who insists it isn't on Kaep. My point was it starts with Kaep so it DOES involve Kaep.

There is a lot of blame to go around right now, past these two areas. But it starts with the QB because that is just the way it is with football.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard when Mangini was a head coach his personality rubbed players the wrong way and it became an issue in the locker room
Hmmm; remind you of anybody?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm; remind you of anybody?

I thought he would be ok for us but looks like this might be his last coaching job. He needs to put this team in better position to win. I think some crazy stat came out that we already have let up more big plays then the last 2 years combine. Not good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, no doubt both Kaep and O-line are to blame. No doubt the performance of the O-line affects how Kaep plays. But that post was in response to purguy who insists it isn't on Kaep. My point was it starts with Kaep so it DOES involve Kaep.

There is a lot of blame to go around right now, past these two areas. But it starts with the QB because that is just the way it is with football.
I disagree it starts with the coaching, then the line and then Kap. If this was a good Oline and he was still doing this then yes most blame on him. I can only go by track record and when we had a good Oline Kap and this team played well. Last year and this year Kap has been bad so I have to point to the Oline 1st or 2nd.
Trust me I do blame Kap. Like I said Im ok with moving on from him and start the full rebuild process. We had a good run.