• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Numbers on players helmets

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hockeysmile:

Have any of you noticed that they are putting players numbers in front of the players helmets now. Personally I don't like the look, but I'm just bored since there is no Sharks games.

:confused2:[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't noticed but then again I was watching the first game on a really shitty computer feed. I also haven't been watching much other hockey since the season started. Just something else to help the refs I'm guessing since numbers on the back (and in some cases the front) of jerseys doesn't seem to be enough.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some insider info here...shhh. The NHL is looking into tracking players on the ice. This may be a precursor to that happening, where each player would then have a chip in their helmet to track where they are on the ice. If this comes to fruition, it's important that each player wears their designated helmet at all times.

This is speculation on my part (about how the numbers are a precursor to the player tracking). The part about the NHL looking into player tracking is fact.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't noticed and I watched the game on my nice HD tv.

Although when you are seeing double I guess HD doesn't really matter.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, not a fan of it. lol a team like SJ now has numbers on 6 spots of a guys uniform.