• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Numbers crunch

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. As I looked down the list of players for next season, I got a warm feeling.
So many Seniors and Juniors in key positions. Experienced players returning (Joseph)
to teach and mentor to younger guys. I guess my biggest concern..... receivers.

Senior: K.J. Myers, Jordan Thompson
Junior: Vernon Davis, Devonte Mathis, Daikiel Shorts

Thompson, Myers and Shorts. Good guys, but not great (yet). Someone will absolutely need
to step up and fill some MIGHTY BIG SHOES of White and Alston. If we are planning to
feature the run again next season (and I think/hope we will), the threat of the big
pass must be there.

Overall - looking good. Hopefully we get some key transfers in to fill some gaps as well.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 kids over is not a problem. We can expect academic casualties and a couple of transfers and a couple of law breakers. It happens every year.

Much better to have too many than not enough. Who knows, some of these guys might start out with track scholarships.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. As I looked down the list of players for next season, I got a warm feeling.
So many Seniors and Juniors in key positions. Experienced players returning (Joseph)
to teach and mentor to younger guys. I guess my biggest concern..... receivers.

Senior: K.J. Myers, Jordan Thompson
Junior: Vernon Davis, Devonte Mathis, Daikiel Shorts

Thompson, Myers and Shorts. Good guys, but not great (yet). Someone will absolutely need
to step up and fill some MIGHTY BIG SHOES of White and Alston. If we are planning to
feature the run again next season (and I think/hope we will), the threat of the big
pass must be there.

Overall - looking good. Hopefully we get some key transfers in to fill some gaps as well.

Don't forget about Gibson. He has the speed and body control, just needs to get stickier hands. Talent wise, he is the best of the bunch. I was really impressed with his catch in the bowl game. He seems like a guy who can run under a ball really good.

I think the dropoff in the WR position will not be bad. I'm more worried about who we choose to throw the ball over their heads.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Gibson. He has the speed and body control, just needs to get stickier hands. Talent wise, he is the best of the bunch. I was really impressed with his catch in the bowl game. He seems like a guy who can run under a ball really good.

I think the dropoff in the WR position will not be bad. I'm more worried about who we choose to throw the ball over their heads.

Don't count out some of these frosh coming in......

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't count out some of these frosh coming in......

Javon Durante may well earn a starting spot giving us two 4 stars (Gibson) at WR. Not a bad start.

at QB, I really hope that Sills comes in and blows the competition away. Nothing against Skylar, Millard or Crest, but we need a superstar at QB if we want to have any chance of a conf champ or playoff.

DrPhil58

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this new Wilson kid who just committed yesterday. Nice catch for the Mountaineers.