• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Number of wins

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes it is too early to tell, but if you think about it.....
1. the draft won't have a large impact to THIS season, so waiting for it shouldn't have a large effect anyway. Even if we draft Davante Parker, it shouldn't move the win total cause he's only one player and a rookie.
2. we won't know how well this Coaching staff does till after 3 or 4 games. So again, this shouldn't be a large effect on your prediction of wins. Cause the prediction has to be before the season.

There's little doubt Aldon moved the win total his first year, and he wasn't even a full-time starter. I'm not expecting that sort of impact this year, but there's little doubt that a rookie can have a big impact.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent-wise they are good enough to win 7 games but the team and front office is in such disarray and turmoil that I predict 4 wins.

I agree, with the mess from the front office to the coaching staff I would not be surprised if we win only 4 games, but the talent on the team says we should be .500+

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, with the mess from the front office to the coaching staff I would not be surprised if we win only 4 games, but the talent on the team says we should be .500+

the coaching staff is a mess or the coaching staff isn't good?

if you really did mean 'mess', how is that? Please clarify why it is a mess?

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the coaching staff is a mess or the coaching staff isn't good?

if you really did mean 'mess', how is that? Please clarify why it is a mess?

By mess I meant the political games that we have heard about from the Front Office, to my expectations of the performance by this poor coaching staff. The management of this team appears to be in horrible shape, it is a mess. If the company you worked for had the problems the 9ers have you as an employee would think about finding a new job. In this case, that is reflected in a low performance which is counted in wins.

Of the opponents we are scheduled to play I think at most we find a way to win 4 games.

Home Loss - Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Green Bay, Baltimore, Cincinnati,
Home Win - Minnesota, Atlanta
Away Loss - Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Chicago, Pittsburgh, NY Giants
Away win - Cleveland, Detroit.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By mess I meant the political games that we have heard about from the Front Office, to my expectations of the performance by this poor coaching staff. The management of this team appears to be in horrible shape, it is a mess. If the company you worked for had the problems the 9ers have you as an employee would think about finding a new job. In this case, that is reflected in a low performance which is counted in wins.

Of the opponents we are scheduled to play I think at most we find a way to win 4 games.

Didn't realize how hard of a schedule we had. I would assume to lose one of the Detroit or Atlanta games and to win one of the Giants or St. Louis games (maybe 2). So my over/under would be 5 at this point, though I might raise it as the off/pre-season goes on.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Home Wins - Arizona, St. Louis, Minnesota, Atlanta, Baltimore, Cincinnati
Home Losses - Seattle, Green Bay
Away Wins - Cleveland, Detroit, NY Giants, Chicago
Away Losses - Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Pittsburgh

I still think this team can win 10 games. If we can stay healthy I think people will be surprised how good this team still is.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize how hard of a schedule we had. I would assume to lose one of the Detroit or Atlanta games and to win one of the Giants or St. Louis games (maybe 2). So my over/under would be 5 at this point, though I might raise it as the off/pre-season goes on.

Oops, didn't see Chicago... So maybe my number is 6 right now.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I can't see us losing every division game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's little doubt Aldon moved the win total his first year, and he wasn't even a full-time starter. I'm not expecting that sort of impact this year, but there's little doubt that a rookie can have a big impact.

whaa?

If you're not expecting that sort of impact this year, isn't that what i said??!! Isn't that what i said EXACTLY?

and you wonder why.......

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
whaa?

If you're not expecting that sort of impact this year, isn't that what i said??!! Isn't that what i said EXACTLY?

and you wonder why.......

I took your statement to mean that a single rookie couldn't really affect win total. I disagree. Aldon had a profound affect on the passing D, and as such, the team's success. With the addition of Aldon, our passing D went from poor (90.0 opponent rating, 26th in the league) to very good (73.6 opponent rating, 5th in league). We allowed over seven points fewer per game, and and we won seven more games. We added Carlos Rogers as well, and the new coaching staff, but much of that change was attributable to Aldon's on-field contributions.

Given the state of the team right now, I would expect our rookie class to have more of an impact than we've seen recently.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions run from 4 wins to Superbowl? I'm not buying either end.
If I had to bet right now, I'd take the under, thinking 8 wins.
There is a lot of work and time left though. It could still go either way.....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions run from 4 wins to Superbowl? I'm not buying either end.
If I had to bet right now, I'd take the under, thinking 8 wins.
There is a lot of work and time left though. It could still go either way.....

I visit a number of 49er sites in addition to this one. I can tell you that very few 49er fans are predicting a Super Bowl win this year. Probably more pessimism this year than optimism. I think 8 wins is a good guess. I don't even want to venture a guess. Way too many question marks and unknowns this year. I am just going to sit back and watch how it unfolds. For me, I am curious too see how some things work out this year on offense and defense.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think this team can win 10 games. If we can stay healthy I think people will be surprised how good this team still is.

Lot of interesting sub plots this year to watch. Will be interesting to see how Kaepernick and the offense turns out after all the summer work. Kind of interesting to see how some of the rookies and younger guys do this year. I just read a story today about Reaser. One of those injured guys Baalke stashed. Sounds like he was a great talent before getting injured. Looking forward to see what he can do.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A bit optimistic with the home game IMO. If the 9ers still played at the Stick I might be down with winning 6 games at home but I just don't see Santa Clara as a 9ers home field advantage. I might think the 9ers do better on the road than at home this next season.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I visit a number of 49er sites in addition to this one. I can tell you that very few 49er fans are predicting a Super Bowl win this year. Probably more pessimism this year than optimism. I think 8 wins is a good guess. I don't even want to venture a guess. Way too many question marks and unknowns this year. I am just going to sit back and watch how it unfolds. For me, I am curious too see how some things work out this year on offense and defense.
It's way to early to be pessimistic. Do the draft right, watch pre-season and who knows.....

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lot of interesting sub plots this year to watch. Will be interesting to see how Kaepernick and the offense turns out after all the summer work. Kind of interesting to see how some of the rookies and younger guys do this year. I just read a story today about Reaser. One of those injured guys Baalke stashed. Sounds like he was a great talent before getting injured. Looking forward to see what he can do.

I was watching something on last year's draft last night and it got me a little excited. We've had a lot of losses on both sides of the ball, and a lot of turnover, but we've got a lot of talent that we've added over the past couple years that will have an opportunity to step up. Hyde was arguably the best RB in the draft last year. Marcus Martin was arguably the best C. Brandon Thomas was highly regarded as a likely interior OL. I liked what Ellington showed toward the end of last year. Hunter comes back. I think McDonald can do a lot more than he has thus far. Tank Carradine has a year under his belt without injury and in the new position, and should be coming on. Both NTs return. Dial should be able to move to a run-stopping DE role.

It's a lot of young, unproven guys, but I think that's exciting. Not expecting us to challenge the Seahawks, per se, but I think we can if things come together.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching something on last year's draft last night and it got me a little excited. We've had a lot of losses on both sides of the ball, and a lot of turnover, but we've got a lot of talent that we've added over the past couple years that will have an opportunity to step up. Hyde was arguably the best RB in the draft last year. Marcus Martin was arguably the best C. Brandon Thomas was highly regarded as a likely interior OL. I liked what Ellington showed toward the end of last year. Hunter comes back. I think McDonald can do a lot more than he has thus far. Tank Carradine has a year under his belt without injury and in the new position, and should be coming on. Both NTs return. Dial should be able to move to a run-stopping DE role.

It's a lot of young, unproven guys, but I think that's exciting. Not expecting us to challenge the Seahawks, per se, but I think we can if things come together.

I am looking forward to seeing how some of the cornerbacks do too. Donate Johnson looked pretty good last year for a rookie. Aker looked really good in preseason before getting hurt. I read that Reaser' is coming back really well from his injury. I read he ran a 4.3 in the 40 prior to his injury. Jimmy Ward will back too, hopefully healed. Baalke must feel pretty good about the corners to let both Cox and Culliver go

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am looking forward to seeing how some of the cornerbacks do too. Donate Johnson looked pretty good last year for a rookie. Aker looked really good in preseason before getting hurt. I read that Reaser' is coming back really well from his injury. I read he ran a 4.3 in the 40 prior to his injury. Jimmy Ward will back too, hopefully healed. Baalke must feel pretty good about the corners to let both Cox and Culliver go

Yes and no. At the beginning of last year, Brock and Ward were two of our top-three CBs. So we're admittedly down one outside starter, but our situation isn't that much different than it was going into last season. At that time, Culliver was still a question mark coming back from injury, and Cox wasn't looking like much of a starting option.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Instead of "yes and no," I guess what I really meant to say was "not necessarily."