• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Number of fans killed by lightning at NFL games

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be so rare that nobody records it. Saw a dude get sliced in half by a strike of lighting in Miami beach; he was in the beach shower holding the water pipe. Full view from the window, the noise was memorable. It was an explosion.

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several football fans leaving the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa were hurt by a lightning blast following an afternoon game.

Seven people were hospitalized following the Tampa Buccaneers 20-3 loss against the Green Bay Packers after being injured during a lightning strike, Tampa Fire Rescue spokesman Jason Penny told the Daily News.

It's not known if the victims, who were both men and women between the ages of 20 to 40 years old, suffered a direct hit or were shocked by a nearby bolt.

"It was close by ... knocked some people to the ground and kicked up some rocks and gravel," Penny added.

One patient lost consciousness during the strike reported to 911 at 4:11 p.m., but woke up by the time medics arrived.

The strike about 200 feet from what Penny described as the "big flag" may have injured an additional four to five fans, he added, but those victims did not seek medical treatment from paramedics at the stadium.

The bolt apparently blasted a car, shattering its roof and injuring at least 11 people nearby.

“I never saw the streak. I just saw this huge flash,” Packers fan Bruce Kudick, of Sarasota, Fla. said. “It was like a bomb went off.”

Photos from the scene show several emergency vehicles that swarmed the north parking lot where victims had been injured during the strike.

The patients were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital and are in stable conditon.

There have been no confirmed reports of fatalities.

Radar from the National Weather Service shows a large storm that passed through Tampa to the northeast during the late afternoon.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

Wow. No deaths. I'm surprised they didn't cancel the season.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not F with lightning.. My truck, while i was driving with my children was struck square in the middle of the diamond plate tool box while stopped at a traffic light in 2003. It shocked the crap out of me and i jumped a curb and hit a tree.. scary AF .. my daughter hates lightning storms to this day because of it

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can do the same.. but in Florida the Lightning capital of the world its definetly a possibility.. about 52 people a year are killed here due to lightning strikes

I hear you all have Nile Crocodiles there now. Say goodbye to the gators and people living near water.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Title should have been number of fans killed by white lightning at NFL games.
Well, by definition light is something worth talking about. It's half of the day so it could be worthy to discuss. Day & Night. Which do you prefer and why?

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you all have Nile Crocodiles there now. Say goodbye to the gators and people living near water.
we have always had some saltys here.. for the most part they stay in SoFlo.. however heard recently that a pair turned up on the rainbow river in Dunnellon,Fl.. i doesn't concern me to much

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More people have been killed over Alabama losing to Auburn than have been killed by lightning at an NFL game.

I'm just saying......

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woof, woof woof woof.