• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Number 3 WR

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Williams allow Austin to be the slot? I do like Miles in the slot, but do you think we are better with Harris or Beasley in the slot and Miles on the outside

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our best lineup is Dez and Williams on the outsides and let Miles line up slot. Witten on the other side and you are all set.

Not sure if Dallas can handle, or is forward thinking enough, to put a rookie at the #2 though.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles can get plenty YAC's from the slot. Now here's a serious question that I don't know the answer or if there an answer. Will running the quick slants from the slot help with the quad injuries. I would think he'd have to do less sprinting off of the line there.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles can get plenty YAC's from the slot. Now here's a serious question that I don't know the answer or if there an answer. Will running the quick slants from the slot help with the quad injuries. I would think he'd have to do less sprinting off of the line there.
Good point, but I believe Miles will have a huge year regardless of where you put him.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent heard a lot about Williams up to now. Is he even ready to be our outside guy?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dez,miles and harris
the Baylor rook hasn't earned nothing to date

I agree... but Harris hasn't shown much this offseason.

They should both get plenty of playing time. Let the better man EARN it.

On a side note..... I don't understand why Austin HAS TO BE our slot receiver.
As always he's going to get the majority of his plays out of the slot. We didn't need to draft someone for that to be true. It has been true since he has started for us. No matter who was the other outside receiver.

Dez is going to be our #1 and Austin our #2 .... matters not where he lines up on the field.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. We didn't need to draft someone for that to be true.

Twill was drafted to be Austin's eventual replacement.:nod:

which MAY EXPLAIN THGE LAST 15 YEARS
Many here were given things without earning them on the field

I'd rather they earn their play like Austin and Harris after last year

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which MAY EXPLAIN THGE LAST 15 YEARS
Many here were given things without earning them on the field

I'd rather they earn their play like Austin and Harris after last year

I don't think anyone would say that Dallas has had an issue with just giving playing time to rookies. if anything this team is reluctant to play rookies and biases more towards the players contract. Austin when right is a good player. I don't think he has done anything the last two years to justify handing him the starting job with no questions asked. He excels on slant routes and the occasional stutter-and-go, but he is a possession WR first and a field stretcher second. Williams will stretch the field when given a chance.

I personally don't care much for Harris. Miles and Harris both are around 50% in receptions per target. That shouldn't be too hard to best, even for a rookie.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add though that Harris does get a nod because of his return ability.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone would say that Dallas has had an issue with just giving playing time to rookies. if anything this team is reluctant to play rookies and biases more towards the players contract. Austin when right is a good player. I don't think he has done anything the last two years to justify handing him the starting job with no questions asked. He excels on slant routes and the occasional stutter-and-go, but he is a possession WR first and a field stretcher second. Williams will stretch the field when given a chance.

I personally don't care much for Harris. Miles and Harris both are around 50% in receptions per target. That shouldn't be too hard to best, even for a rookie.

I didn't say rookies......I was thinking more about depth charts in general and Austin has been much more than just slant routes. That is a nut statement when only injuries have kept him from 1000 seasons. The Baylor kid has done very little to be considered anything but a #4 at this time

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say rookies......I was thinking more about depth charts in general and Austin has been much more than just slant routes. That is a nut statement when only injuries have kept him from 1000 seasons. The Baylor kid has done very little to be considered anything but a #4 at this time

Can't you say every rookie has done very little? And if not put on the field, how will they ever do much? if you put him as #5 and only out for mop up duties where the 3rd string RB is getting a handoff every snap, won't we be in the same situation next year where he still hasn't done much? Austin had promise and it took injuries for him to get into that KC game to show what he could do if given first team reps.

which has nothing to do with #3 receiver

No but it has everything to do with making the roster. Williams isn't going anywhere. Harris is expendable if he doesn't have KR/PR duties and Williams is seen as a legit replacement to Harris for the #3 spot. Since harris does have that, it means he is much more likely to make the team. Since he is there, I'd assume he is more likely to take snaps from Williams.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't you say every rookie has done very little? And if not put on the field, how will they ever do much? if you put him as #5 and only out for mop up duties where the 3rd string RB is getting a handoff every snap, won't we be in the same situation next year where he still hasn't done much? Austin had promise and it took injuries for him to get into that KC game to show what he could do if given first team reps.

No but it has everything to do with making the roster. Williams isn't going anywhere. Harris is expendable if he doesn't have KR/PR duties and Williams is seen as a legit replacement to Harris for the #3 spot. Since harris does have that, it means he is much more likely to make the team. Since he is there, I'd assume he is more likely to take snaps from Williams.

Can't you say every rookie has done very little?
No....Fredrick comes to mind. Wilcox has made the most of his opportunities. Next to the TE, I'd say our new wide has done very little to date when talking rookies.

Williams isn't going anywhere. Harris is expendable if he doesn't have KR/PR duties

You're a better judge of talent than me cause nothing I've seen thus far could make this statement

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't you say every rookie has done very little?
No....Fredrick comes to mind. Wilcox has made the most of his opportunities. Next to the TE, I'd say our new wide has done very little to date when talking rookies.

Williams isn't going anywhere. Harris is expendable if he doesn't have KR/PR duties

You're a better judge of talent than me cause nothing I've seen thus far could make this statement

Well, first rounders are exceptions for most teams because they are normally going to start no matter what. Hell, Barbie started for that reason alone.

As for Harris, all I've seen from him is horribly timed drops and fumbles. If Williams wasn't injured early on, I think he would be making a solid case for #3. As is, you are probably right that he hasn't shown enough to warrant it. I do think he will be a stud eventually.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good stuff fordman...I didn't think carpenter started but I'm old and forget shit now. I know bum's kid and jerry set depth charts based on GM Jerry's pay-roll and accountability for play on the field didn't factor back then.

I think Harris makes plays as his role has slowly expanded. I think he will this season again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard, Dez and TWill will be on the outside with Austin in the slot. Harris will be number 4 and primary return man. This is the way they want it, they like him a lot on Punt Return and drafted TWill to play outside due to his deep threat ability and potential.