• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nucks vs Sharks GDT

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
It would be rather comical how Gillis and Vigneault REALLY don't give a shit about the preseason games, if they weren't charging full price to see AHL talent.
AV has said that the last two preseason games will have some vets.... too bad this one is the 3rd last.

Sturm-Hodgson-Jensen,
Roussel-Ebbett-Nolan,
Volpatti-Lapierre-Pinizzotto,
Duco-Schroeder-Dimitrakos.

Rome-Baumgartner, Eriksson-Sulzer, Parent-Ballard.
Goal: Lack (full game), Climie

No idea what kind of team the Sharks are dressing, but if history is a guide look for a Thornton - Duco fight.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woot! Nolan is back in there at least! And the game is on the NHL Network so it'll be the first time us Sharks fans (not living in SJ and going to teh Tank) get to watch them this year.

No idea who the Sharks sent up there but I'll post when I see something.

It's the 3rd game in 3 nights but first line should be there... here's who they played last night in SJ:

Clowe-Couture-Ferriero
McGinn-Handzus-Mitchell
McCarthy-Desjardins-Wingels
Mashinter-Guite-MacIntyre

Petrecki-Vlasic
CWhite-Demers
Vandermeer-Braun

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Nolan has said that under normal circumstances he would rest a tweaked groin, but he still has to show what he can do.
not sure how bad it is.

he hasn't been a stand-out for good or bad so far.
had a few good shifts along the boards, and good finish on a powerplay.
not much talent on his line today - Rousell is a decent plugger

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, been reading about Nolan a bit... tough to show what you can do with a bum groin.. especially when you've got such miniscule chance to make the team in the first place. Kind of bums me out (big Nolan fan) but what can you do...

On the other hand, Sturm looked good from what I've seen of him in a few games here and there... he should make one of the two(?) open (forward?) spots you've got, it sounded like?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure... I thought he had a legit chance to make the club if they had an opening but I don't know much about who he's competing against (other than Sturm). /shrug

EDIT: I'm biased but, IMO, he can still score 10-15+ goals in the NHL..

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JeffMarek Jeff Marek
Vancouver Canucks release Steve Begin.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, been reading about Nolan a bit... tough to show what you can do with a bum groin.. especially when you've got such miniscule chance to make the team in the first place. Kind of bums me out (big Nolan fan) but what can you do...

On the other hand, Sturm looked good from what I've seen of him in a few games here and there... he should make one of the two(?) open (forward?) spots you've got, it sounded like?
yeah, Sturm was brought in to legitimately add to the 2nd line ($2.25 mill deal).
Need someone with wheels to keep up w/ kesler. essentially he is taking Mason Raymond's spot.
we have a few of guys that can be decent 2nd liners or cycle lower if necessary - Sturm, Samuelsson, Higgins, Raymond when he gets back.
Nolan just there for a little vet presence during camp?
He's got a legitimate shot at taking Raffi Torres' spot on the 3rd, or adding some punch to the 4th.
But, he's on a PTO so he's got to displace someone to get a contract.
We had signed a whole bunch of loose meat to PTOs to battle for the 4th line, Nolan adds a different aspect to that (ability to be on the PP helps, too). It's funny, he's had the opportunity to call his shot twice now in his pre-season games. I keep waiting for it :)

Jeff Paterson
Repeat alert: a lot like last night, #Sharks going with vets Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Boyle, Burns, Murray vs pseudo #Canucks

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, i figured Raffi's spot was pretty solid. Too many brainfarts? I thought he was a pretty good energy guy for y'all.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, i figured Raffi's spot was pretty solid. Too many brainfarts? I thought he was a pretty good energy guy for y'all.

I don't think Raffi is with the Canucks anymore, is he?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
interesting that Steve Pinnizotto has never played an NHL game, but had NINE different teams make offers this summer.
I like what I've seen from him in camp so far. size + speed

German vs German on goal #1 (Sulzer on Greiss), then 20 seconds later Winchester gets some revenge for the Nucks not signing him.
the the first goal scored on Lack this pre-season (in his 3rd appearance)
Sharks starting to carry the play, as expected.

/I'm a little behind on the PVR.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
interesting that Steve Pinnizotto has never played an NHL game, but had NINE different teams make offers this summer.
I like what I've seen from him in camp so far. size + speed

German vs German on goal #1 (Sulzer on Greiss), then 20 seconds later Winchester gets some revenge for the Nucks not signing him.
the the first goal scored on Lack this pre-season (in his 3rd appearance)
Sharks starting to carry the play, as expected.

/I'm a little behind on the PVR.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
impressed with Wengels on the Sharks.
- great shot for the 2-1 goal (woulda been nice is someone had picked him up), very good hustle, and ate the puck up for a good 10 seconds on a PK

bahh, Schroeder needs to bury that. He's not auditioning for 4th line.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch.. I hope Burns doesn't get suspended for that hit. The dude kind of turned his back to the hit right as he was about to get hit... you're supposed to try to uhh.. not do that? /shrug.

At least he didn't get hurt so that's good.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
our 4th line loose meat is dropping like flies.
first Pinnizotto hurts his shoulder trying to throw a hit, then Volpatti goes back-first into the boards.
good thing we have a whole bunch of guys like that.

gotta like Roussel's courage taking on a much larger Douglas Murray.

CoHo gets on the board!!
good workmanlike effort. tie game half way though.

I don't like Andrew Desjardins. anyone who wears #69 deserves a shot in the head ever time he steps on the ice.
that goes for beer league, junior or pro

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
our 4th line loose meat is dropping like flies.
first Pinnizotto hurts his shoulder trying to throw a hit, then Volpatti goes back-first into the boards.
good thing we have a whole bunch of guys like that.

gotta like Roussel's courage taking on a much larger Douglas Murray.

CoHo gets on the board!!
good workmanlike effort. tie game half way though.

I don't like Andrew Desjardins. anyone who wears #69 deserves a shot in the head ever time he steps on the ice.
that goes for beer league, junior or pro

He's been asking the organization to change his number for the last two seasons. They keep telling him he can't change the number he is assigned until he makes the big club full time.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
He's been asking the organization to change his number for the last two seasons. They keep telling him he can't change the number he is assigned until he makes the big club full time.

really? I've never heard of a club assigning that number to a prospect. It
s just universal for "douchebag". interesting.
I'm still gonna hate him until it changes, though. some rules can't be broken :thumb: :D

man, our powerplay is now running at about 2 for 25.
guess that what happens when the veteran point presence is Nolan Baumgartner and Aaron Rome
despite that, I'm pretty pleased with how the 'Wolves in Nucks clothing' has held tough against mostly full squads from Edm, Ana, and SJ.