• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now THATS how you lose a Hockey game: Better team won. Go Patriots, Go Red Sox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were supposed to beat toronto

they were given no shot vs the rangers

they beat the rangers down and we said "well, pittsburghs gonna flatten them".

they swept

underdogs in the last 3 rounds including the cup final, and they should be in a game 7 (where i did NOT like the bruins chances going back to chicago)

2 goals, 17 seconds...couldnt believe it...the bruins had that game.

the hawks were the more talented and faster team. this was one of the top 5 stanley cup finals i have seen.

the hawks will also have to deal with the same reality the bruins would, had they pulled this off and won the cup

48 game season...not the usual 82 game grind. i am NOT saying the cup means less to the blackhawks...it shouldnt

but to the rest of the league, its like winning a superbowl in an 8 game season...rings a bit hollow

enjoy the cup hawks fans...2 in 4 years. maybe we have a little rivalry going now...:whistle:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retrofit the garden with de-humidifiers...please?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a cups a cup...get em next year

rask proved hes an elite goalie...tim who?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bergeron played with broken rib

Updated: June 25, 2013, 3:46 AM ET
By Brendan Hall | ESPNBoston.com

BOSTON -- Following Monday night's Stanley Cup finals loss to the Chicago Blackhawks, Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron told reporters that he had been playing with a broken rib and torn rib cartilage, as well as a separated shoulder suffered during Monday's Game 6.

Bergeron didn't specify how long he has been playing with the broken rib and torn cartilage, but he said he continued to play after the shoulder injury Monday.
In 24 shifts totaling 17:45 of ice time Monday night, the star center was 5-for-11 on faceoffs and registered two hits. During Game 5 on Saturday in Chicago, Bergeron left the ice in the second period and later was taken to an area hospital. Bergeron said the reason for the visit was concern about potential damage to his spleen.
"I think it was more they were worried about my spleen being hurt, that's why I went to the hospital: check on my spine, muscles and so forth," Bergeron said. "Obviously, I would have liked to stay in there, but I was obviously going through a lot of pain."
"The year we won [2011], he was doing the same thing: fighting through everything," Tyler Seguin said of Bergeron. "Obviously, guys have bumps and bruises, but he's a guy that you obviously say is the heart and soul of our team. He wears that 'B' with a lot of pride."
Bergeron wasn't the only Bruins player fighting injury.
Forward Nathan Horton had also been playing with a separated shoulder, according to a team source.
Star defenseman Zdeno Chara, who was on the ice for 10 of the last 12 Chicago goals, played through "bumps and bruises," but no serious injury, a team source said.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now back to current sports

the rays beat the jays 4-1 in what was very limited baseball last night.

streak over

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now back to current sports

the rays beat the jays 4-1 in what was very limited baseball last night.

streak over

Jays just started a new streak LOSING:suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Chara hurt or something.... Ugly!!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Chara hurt or something.... Ugly!!

hes not right

hes also going on 37 and legged too many minutes. offseason they need a scoring winger or center and some defensive depth.

no clue why bartkowski didnt get in there to spell seidenberg. HE was pretty bad this series.

that play by chara on the hawks first goal was...well...something you learn NOT to do in mites

if you pinch in like that, take the puck or the body...he whiffed on both

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes not right

hes also going on 37 and legged too many minutes. offseason they need a scoring winger or center and some defensive depth.

no clue why bartkowski didnt get in there to spell seidenberg. HE was pretty bad this series.

that play by chara on the hawks first goal was...well...something you learn NOT to do in mites

if you pinch in like that, take the puck or the body...he whiffed on both

I am hoping he is hurt (for his sake) because that just just terrible. I don't think Claude was too confident in spelling Siedenberg since he knew what he could do. who knows. 98.5 was comparing him to Grady Little, which I thought was slightly over the top

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this loss sucks, but its easier to take than a game 7 loss...in similar fashion

and the bruins werent supposed to even GET to the cup. they were to be one and done and be demolished by the rangers, let alone the penguins.

people were calling for a cup sweep by chicago

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping he is hurt (for his sake) because that just just terrible. I don't think Claude was too confident in spelling Siedenberg since he knew what he could do. who knows. 98.5 was comparing him to Grady Little, which I thought was slightly over the top

little?

lmao

that makes no sense

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game Monday nite.

As it was getting late in the third period, had a feeling that this was going back Chicago for a winner takes all game 7.

But Bickell and Bolland in less then a minute goals late ends it as alcohol beverages where flying everywhere at the sports-bar I was at when Bolland scored.

Great Cup Bruins fans.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game Monday nite.

As it was getting late in the third period, had a feeling that this was going back Chicago for a winner takes all game 7.

But Bickell and Bolland in less then a minute goals late ends it as alcohol beverages where flying everywhere at the sports-bar I was at when Bolland scored.

Great Cup Bruins fans.

oh, hell of a cup

every game was a 1 goal game if you take away the empty netter in game 5

my team wasnt even supposed to be here, and when they got here, they were supposed to be swept...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But paying the price today for the Hawks win.

i couldnt sleep til after 12, up at 6

those 2 goals...shit

all they had to do was play smart hockey and not play back on their heels

they played on their heels

that last 1:30 was tough to watch

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A look at Patriots QB Tom Brady’s receiving options in 2013

By Brian McIntyre | Shutdown Corner – 19 hours ago

Tom Brady could be doing a lot of this next season (USA Today Sports Images)During the 2012 season, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady completed 401 of 637 pass attempts for 4,827 yards with 34 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Seven Patriots were targeted at least 20 times by Brady, but through free-agent moves, offseason surgeries and an ongoing homicide investigation, six of those players may not be available to Brady at the start of the 2013 season.
Two players are gone. The Patriots and wide receiver Wes Welker, the team's all-time leader in receptions, parted ways rather acrimoniously, with the five-time Pro Bowler spurning the team's offer to sign a two-year, $12 million contract with the Denver Broncos. Running back Danny Woodhead, a versatile weapon who caught 40 passes in 2012, also headed to the AFC West, signing a two-year, $3.5 million contract with the San Diego Chargers.
New England didn't pick up an option bonus on Brandon Lloyd, who was second last season on the Patriots with 130 targets, 74 receptions and 911 receiving yards. Lloyd remains available, but his signing with the Patriots was already controversial — due to his agent Tom Condon's frosty relationship with New England's front office — and it would be a surprise if he's brought back. The Patriots also have not re-signed wide receiver Deion Branch, who had 16 receptions in 10 games with the team. Branch, who turns 34 on July 18, remains a free agent, but even if the Patriots re-signed him this summer, he'd probably be released at the end of camp to avoid having his base salary fully guaranteed.
Then, of course, there are the tight ends. Rob Gronkowski missed five of the last six regular-season games with a fractured forearm, but still caught 55 passes for 790 yards with a team-high 11 touchdown receptions. Gronkowski has undergone three surgeries on his forearm since January and underwent back surgery last week in Los Angeles. Gronkowski's timetable for recovery is around 12 weeks, which jeopardizes his availability for the start of the regular season. Aaron Hernandez fought through a high ankle sprain to produce 51 receptions for 483 yards and five touchdowns last season, but has emerged as a central figure in a murder investigation and might not be available to the Patriots this season, or ever again.
With each of those targets possibly unavailable to Brady, who will the Patriots look to for production in the passing game in 2013?

The first option appears to be Danny Amendola, who the team signed to a five-year, $28.5 million contract on March 14. Like Welker, Amendola was an undrafted free agent out of Texas Tech who bounced between a few clubs before sticking with a team (the St. Louis Rams). Amendola has struggled to stay on the field, having not played a full 16-game season since 2010. Amendola is expected to start at the No. 1 receiver position and, if healthy, could be a 100-catch receiver, but who starts opposite him is anyone's guess.
The Patriots re-signed Julian Edelman, who had 21 receptions for 235 yards and three touchdowns in 2012 before a broken foot ended his season. Edelman's one-year deal with the Patriots included no guaranteed money and includes incentives based on his production. Given Edelman's familiarity with Brady and the offense, he is a safe bet to make the 53-man roster, but the former seventh-round pick out of Kent State has just 13 career starts, and just three over the last two seasons. Michael Jenkins, 31, was signed to a veteran minimum contract on March 29 and could be a big-bodied (6-foot-4, 217 pounds) option opposite Amendola. However, Jenkins has been only a part-time starter the last four seasons and his productivity has steadily declined. The starting receiver competition also includes Donald Jones, a restricted free-agent castoff from the Buffalo Bills who received a three-year, $3.41 million contract (but with no guaranteed money) from the Patriots on March 15, and 2013 draft picks Aaron Dobson, a second-round pick, and Josh Boyce, who was selected in the fourth round.
At tight end, the team's decision to claim an injured Jake Ballard off waivers from the New York Giants last offseason could pay off. The Patriots stashed Ballard on the physically unable to perform list last season and his contract was tolled to 2013. The 6-foot-6, 256-pound Ballard caught 38 passes for 604 yards and four touchdowns for the 2011 Giants, production that had him ranked seventh among tight ends in Football Outsiders' DYAR (Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement) metric that season, ahead of Hernandez, who ranked 11th. If healthy and back to his old self, two things that are far from guarantees, Ballard could be a reliable target for Brady and alleviate the potential absences of Gronkowski and Hernandez.
The Patriots did not draft a tight end, but made Nevada tight end Zach Sudfeld a "priority free agent" signing after the draft. Sudfeld battled injuries in his first few seasons in college and had just two career receptions entering 2012, his sixth and final year of eligibility. The 6-foot-6, 253-pound Sudfeld caught 45 passes for 598 yards and eight touchdowns last season. While that was not enough to warrant a draft pick, Sudfeld signed a three-year deal with the Patriots that included $17,000 in guaranteed money, comprised of a $12,000 signing bonus and $5,000 base salary guarantee for the 2013 season.
Out of the backfield, Woodhead's productivity could be replaced by Shane Vereen, a 2011 second-round pick who caught 74 passes for 674 yards and two touchdowns during his college career at Cal. The Patriots also have veteran running back Leon Washington, whose value lies primarily on kick and punt returns, but caught 47 passes in 2008 when he was a member of the New York Jets. Washington ranked 14th among running backs in Football Outsiders' receiving DYAR that season.

mike hunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'they were given no shot vs the rangers'

First time i heard that Rock, great series by both clubs. Bruins and Hawks have the core to do this again both teams are set up nice fir the futurw.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady lands in top 10 on NFL Network’s ‘Top 100′ player countdown

06.24.13 at 12:44 pm ET By Christopher Price

4 Comments

Brady_Tom-Patriots-head-12.jpg
Tom Brady

The top 10 players on the NFL Network’s “Top 100″ countdown were revealed on Monday, and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has made the list.
The final order will be revealed on the two-hour finale show Thursday at 8 p.m., but Brady is one of the final grouping, a collection of players that includes Houston’s Arian Foster and J.J. Watt; Detroit’s Calvin Johnson; Denver’s Peyton Manning and Von Miller; Minnesota’s Adrian Peterson; Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers; and San Francisco’s Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis.
For Brady, this marks the third time in the three-year run of the series he will finish in the top 10 — he finished No. 1 in 2011 and No. 4 in 2012. In addition, Brady will be the fifth New England player on the list, joining teammates Rob Gronkowski (No. 25), Vince Wilfork (No. 30), Aaron Hernandez (No. 77), Logan Mankins (No. 82),

Status
Not open for further replies.