• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that Nike is no longer selling balls, what should I get?

Which Balls To Use

• Titelist

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Taylor Made

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Calloway

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Other, Please State

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure I could mention them to the guys on my golf team and they wouldn't know shit about them either.

We also don't have a local Costco, so finding them would be impossible for me.

I am talking specifically about the Costco guy who said never heard of them. It has been a huge buzz for us in the last year or so.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking specifically about the Costco guy who said never heard of them. It has been a huge buzz for us in the last year or so.
I missed that part of the original message. My bad.

Yea, it should be known by Costco employees.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that part of the original message. My bad.

Yea, it should be known by Costco employees.

I don't play golf hardly at all and took the cheap ass clubs that I do have and let the kids fuck around with them. My father in law is a hell of a golfer. He was a traveling salesman and he went all over michigan playing 9 holes on different courses 3 or 4 times a wee for damn near 30 years. He took me out a few times but on back to back holes I nailed him with the golf ball. Once off the cart and once off a tree. He swore he would never take me again. He did take me one more time and I sucked as bad again. Funny how I can hit the ball decent 75% of time but damn it that other 25% made me say fuck it.

But back to the balls at Costco. They are supposed to be damn good and I have heard from several sources, granted they are all centered around Costco employees.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RockBottomGolf.com

Has TaylorMade Burner Balls $15.99/Dozen

or

Proto33 = $19.99/Dozen

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how I can hit the ball decent 75% of time but damn it that other 25% made me say fuck it.

Damn, that's pretty good, actually...my mis-hits are more like 40/60.

But there is something so addictive about that one perfect strike, it keeps you coming back for more

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But there is something so addictive about that one perfect strike, it keeps you coming back for more

The one time I actually drove a par 4 and finally got an eagle.. That alone keeps me going. But they quads every other hole makes me wonder why I keep coming back

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one time I actually drove a par 4 and finally got an eagle.. That alone keeps me going. But they quads every other hole makes me wonder why I keep coming back

Hah! I'm still relishing my first ever Par...I only dream of Eagles

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah! I'm still relishing my first ever Par...I only dream of Eagles

to be fair, it's not that far of a Par 4.. i've driven it like 8 times... 1 eagle, 2 Birdies, 3 Pars, 2 bogeys... My putting sucks!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been playing the Bridgestone e6 for a couple of years. I hit it as long as Titleist prov1x which is what I used to play and I hit it straighter. They have less sidespin than Titleist, which means less spin overall. That might hurt you if you're really good around the green but I'm not. So I'll take the trade off of less sidespin off the tee for less action on and around the green.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What type of Nike's were you using?

You can get a type of golf ball from Titleist, Bridgestone, Taylormade, etc that fits your golf game.

Not all Titleist are created equally, the DTSolo and the ProV1s are different, different prices, and for different types of golfers. Bridgestone Tour B330s and the E5s aren't the same type of golf ball. Similarly, the Nike RZN platinum aren't the same type of golf ball, or the same price, as the Nike RZN Speed. There's plenty of options, I wouldn't narrow your search down by brand, but instead decide on a golf ball based on what you're looking for to suit your game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Nike has decided they are too good for the golf game I can no longer hit my Nike balls and am in need of some new ones to hit.

Obviously I know Titelist is the # 1 choice but I just am not good enough for them...

I was thinking maybe the new Taylor Mades?

I share your feeling of not wanting to pay a ton for balls, but I want a tour caliber ball that will check up when I need it to check up.

I hunt for closeouts, mostly online and I tend to buy 3 or 4 dz for the yr no tax and flat rate $5 shipping.

I bought 3 dz Srixon "Z" forget which specific version of Z...that's their tour caliber ball...I got them new in bulk (no 3 per sleeve) in yellow for $45...shipping was actually free on this. This ball is normally about $35 per dz. For winter/dormant grass golf, they are easy to find if I stray, but more importantly they are great in the short game.

I also found Bridgestone B330 RXS...supposedly these are "prior year" versions new in the box $20 per dz...picked up 3 dz of those.

But if you're not a golf ball whore like me and you just want to go into a store and buy a dz balls when you need them...Callaway Super Soft...about $20 per dz...plays like a NXT tour...2-pc ball but pretty soft, doesn't feel like a rock.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been playing the Bridgestone e6 for a couple of years. I hit it as long as Titleist prov1x which is what I used to play and I hit it straighter. They have less sidespin than Titleist, which means less spin overall. That might hurt you if you're really good around the green but I'm not. So I'll take the trade off of less sidespin off the tee for less action on and around the green.

No I am not good around the greens and I never get any spin

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What type of Nike's were you using?

You can get a type of golf ball from Titleist, Bridgestone, Taylormade, etc that fits your golf game.

Not all Titleist are created equally, the DTSolo and the ProV1s are different, different prices, and for different types of golfers. Bridgestone Tour B330s and the E5s aren't the same type of golf ball. Similarly, the Nike RZN platinum aren't the same type of golf ball, or the same price, as the Nike RZN Speed. There's plenty of options, I wouldn't narrow your search down by brand, but instead decide on a golf ball based on what you're looking for to suit your game.

I was using the Mojo, Hyperflight and the PD9 Soft

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep sidespin = woods, hazards, lost...1st order of business is to have a 2nd shot after your tee ball! If you're a good bump-n-run type player around the greens you can still score without much spin, but that takes some practice to know how to control the rollout.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My decent and your decent may very wildly:suds:

My father in law is a very big man. He is 6'7" and around 300#. He has an expensive driver and when he hits it it makes a noise mine never makes. Sounds like a hit from the PGA. He can put them a bit over 300 constantly. Even though his short game is very far advanced from mine he still isn't THAT good as I have seen him do some shit that...well.....I do.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Costco Kirkland ball and a ProV1 look the same at the bottom of a lake!

Except the you can hit what 2 or 3 Kirkland balls into the lake for the price of one ProV1

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play what other golfers lose...they're really cheap.