• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now Im gonna rest my case on Byrd

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you notice that during the whole argument I never said it won't happen? The reason why is the ridicules 8 year contract you suggested I exactly a bone headed contract Jerry is capable of doing.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what those of us you were arguing with on the subject said was if the space is made it makes zero sense to even consider Byrd because he will eat up the space you create. To make that space you have to cut players leaving voids that must be filled. Right now we HAVE to find a DE (2 if Spencer is gone), a DT, and S. I could add an OLB and G to the list. Tgeb we have to have money to sign draft picks. So please explain why we'd even consider spending so much money on one player.

Pretty simple. I'm talking about signing a great young player to a long term deal as a building block in a REBUILDING project. You just listed off Cowboys needs as 2 DE, a DT(I think 2), a S, an OLB, and an OG. I could add to that a CB, WR, OT, and a young QB to start developing. I'd like to see us build around our defense and OL for a change instead of just our skill players. The problem is, if you look at the NFL draft the last 10 years, if a team lands 2 starters and a couple of more who contribute, it had a MONSTER draft. We are 2-3 monster drafts away. We have Lee, we need Mo to play better(he will), Hopefully we can land 2 defensive starters in the draft, and I would have loved to build around Byrd as well. Ware is only the first domino. Hatcher and Austin are gone this year and it won't be long before Jerry pulls the trigger on Witten and Romo as well

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maturity level of this board has sunk to an all-time low

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple. I'm talking about signing a great young player to a long term deal as a building block in a REBUILDING project. You just listed off Cowboys needs as 2 DE, a DT(I think 2), a S, an OLB, and an OG. I could add to that a CB, WR, OT, and a young QB to start developing. I'd like to see us build around our defense and OL for a change instead of just our skill players. The problem is, if you look at the NFL draft the last 10 years, if a team lands 2 starters and a couple of more who contribute, it had a MONSTER draft. We are 2-3 monster drafts away. We have Lee, we need Mo to play better(he will), Hopefully we can land 2 defensive starters in the draft, and I would have loved to build around Byrd as well. Ware is only the first domino. Hatcher and Austin are gone this year and it won't be long before Jerry pulls the trigger on Witten and Romo as well

If rebuilding is the plan I wouldn't give a 28 year old that contract to start the rebuild. I'd clear out all large contracts and build through the Draft until I'm a few players away from making a real run at the SB. If we rebuild starting now the team will not be anywhere close to competing until Bryd is 32 or 33 years old and more than likely past his prime.

Very simple to see why others didn't want Dallas to chase Byrd as a FA.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imma leave this topic as this ...... wouldnt have even been a pissing match

Someone told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I said about half the contract is guaranteed
Look at the contracts being handed out ... over half the contracts are half or more guaranteed for top names

Period my point ..... on this post
Clear the cap to sign one player to an 8 year contract that would be 35 when it was over with all the mney pushed back? Everyone has their own opinion .... I personally thought it wuld be pretty damn ignorant ...... and I guess most here if not all but ONE here agreed

I'm not gonna do this pissing match shut on here again. I got my bad days .... and have a couple of people on here that have me on facebook....... there are days I dont put up with shit ... and they have seen it....... So when someone tells me I'm hiding behind a keyboard ..... That's a fucking laugh to me

So I'm done .... Point made ... I dont care who picks a winner .... Let's talk football with an IQ over 12 and all will go smooth

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imma leave this topic as this ...... wouldnt have even been a pissing match

Someone told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I said about half the contract is guaranteed
Look at the contracts being handed out ... over half the contracts are half or more guaranteed for top names

Period my point ..... on this post
Clear the cap to sign one player to an 8 year contract that would be 35 when it was over with all the mney pushed back? Everyone has their own opinion .... I personally thought it wuld be pretty damn ignorant ...... and I guess most here if not all but ONE here agreed

I'm not gonna do this pissing match shut on here again. I got my bad days .... and have a couple of people on here that have me on facebook....... there are days I dont put up with shit ... and they have seen it....... So when someone tells me I'm hiding behind a keyboard ..... That's a fucking laugh to me

So I'm done .... Point made ... I dont care who picks a winner .... Let's talk football with an IQ over 12 and all will go smooth

:baby::baby::baby::baby::baby: