• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now I'm getting pissed at TO

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solich had Osborne's previous staff and recruits his first 3-4 years on the job. The pipeline was still in place.
Defensively things fell apart when Mcbride left and recruiting took a hit as well.
Pelini came in and shaped up the defense quickly, but even if Solich would have been retained, I think Pelini would have moved on by now.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
xorbie you're really reaching on this one...

What was I reaching on? Bob Stoops coming to Nebraska, or What happened between Osborne and Byrne? I remember reading a while back that Stoops said he would've come to Nebraska if he had been offered the job, and Bryne really did want to go outside the program. There is no way I would make either one of these up.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was I reaching on? Bob Stoops coming to Nebraska, or What happened between Osborne and Byrne? I remember reading a while back that Stoops said he would've come to Nebraska if he had been offered the job, and Bryne really did want to go outside the program. There is no way I would make either one of these up.

too many ifs

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's allot easier to recruit texas kids into OU than getting the same guys up to the NE. We all know about the difficulties getting recruits into NU from the hot beds in FL TX CA. Coaching is of course only part of the equation, comparing a coach at any other school to NU will never be a solvable argument just based solely on our recruiting disadvantages.

Not getting our shit pushed in on national tv every time we play a big game would help tremendously in that area.

I realize that Bob Stoops may not have had the same success here as he has had at OU, but I'm 100% sure our 5-7 records Nebraska had in 2004 and 2007 would have been winning ones with Stoops. Also, I bet Nebraska would have had a few Big 12 titles here too.

Like I've said before, we would not have missed a beat with a "real football coach" like Stoops especially as opposed to Callahan and the loud mouth we have now.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's allot easier to recruit texas kids into OU than getting the same guys up to the NE. We all know about the difficulties getting recruits into NU from the hot beds in FL TX CA. Coaching is of course only part of the equation, comparing a coach at any other school to NU will never be a solvable argument just based solely on our recruiting disadvantages.

Not getting our shit pushed in on national tv every time we play a big game would help tremendously in that area.

Bob Stoops or Mack Brown would have made a difference in the ass blasting debacles we have had to endure constantly the last few years.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
too many ifs

Oh bullshit! You want to hear about too many ifs then? If Bo and his staff can start recruiting better, if Bo can start teaching a team how to play disciplined football, if ole Barn can turn into a viable offensive line coach, if Corey Raymond can ditch his belly flop award ceremonies and actually start teaching his players how to defend against the pass, or if Bo can stop being nasty towards the refs, and ditch his mad dog act on the sidelines, then maybe just maybe we'll start seeing some greatness on the gridiron from our team instead of something that resembles slapstick comedy!

Now this is truly too many ifs!!!

Also, I'm sure I missed some ifs too!

Last edited by a moderator:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Stoops or Mack Brown would have made a difference in the ass blasting debacles we have had to endure constantly the last few years.

Possibly. Many other coaches would have done better than BC though. mack brown is a doucher, and would have done about the same or worse however

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grass is always greener. Husker fans are like everyone else in that respect.

married_greener_grass_750.jpg

Have some faith. Tom Osborne knows what he's doing. If we learned anything over the years, we learned that.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age detoriates the mind, this is fact, also things that worked 20 years ago- probably don't work now.......

TO gets a pass from most because he is TO........

He is not perfect, not even close.......

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buckeyes are spending more this season on their staff, too, the Columbus Dispatch reports. Urban Meyer officially completed his staff on Thursday, and the nine assistants are making nearly $1 million more than last season's staff. Former head coach Luke Fickell is the highest-paid assistant, making $750,000 as defensive coordinator. Co-defensive coordinator Everett Withers is next at $450,000, and offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Tom Herman will make $420,000.

Ohio State be doing what Nebraska needs to........

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Possibly. Many other coaches would have done better than BC though. mack brown is a doucher, and would have done about the same or worse however

No one can say that the only reason why Mack Brown has done well at Texas is because he walked into a recruiting hotbed. How does anyone explain the job he did at North Carolina? Didn't he turn them around? They aren't known to be a recruiting paradise, are they?

Brown may be a doucher, but I would take his demeanor over mad dog Bo any day.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age detoriates the mind, this is fact, also things that worked 20 years ago- probably don't work now.......

If you've heard Tom speak lately, I seriously would have a hard time believing his mind has gone. He's still funny and quick of wit.

Osborne's building great things right now as AD, and doing it without putting the U in the red. We're fortunate.

Just saying, not giving him a pass because he's Tom.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you've heard Tom speak lately, I seriously would have a hard time believing his mind has gone. He's still funny and quick of wit.

Osborne's building great things right now as AD, and doing it without putting the U in the red. We're fortunate.

Just saying, not giving him a pass because he's Tom.

u be brainwashed like 90% of nebraskans.......

:madgrin:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ HH

The first year he actually predicts we have a bad season, he is gonna be wrong

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh thats a load af sh what were we talkin about, where the hell am I,