• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame enters the Playoff

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO IRISH! We just need to win out at this point.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we still need some help. If Oklahoma St or Baylor win out, they'll get in over us.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we still need some help. If Oklahoma St or Baylor win out, they'll get in over us.

I agree, which is why I think Clemson losing in the ACC championship game would be a good thing for us. Or Michigan winning out and knocking out the two undefeated Big10 teams.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, which is why I think Clemson losing in the ACC championship game would be a good thing for us. Or Michigan winning out and knocking out the two undefeated Big10 teams.

Ohio St over MSU then Michigan over Ohio St and Iowa, boom B1G is out

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL WOOO.

If it does happen that we get left out, well it'd be disappointing but on the other hand it still wouldn't be that bad considering what this team has endured injury-wise. I really do not think any of these other Top 5-10-ish teams would have had a season like we've had with their backups or their backup's backups.

Take Elliot away from OSU. Take Henry away from Bama. Take Fournette away from LSU. Take Hogan and/or McCaffrey from Stanford. Take Watson from Clemson. Baylor seems to be about the only team to not miss a beat on offense losing their QB, but their defense is still suspect and their schedule so far has been woeful.

I'd hate to have to say; well next year gentlemen! But if it happens, I'd really like to see us go and smoke whomever in a bowl game and then have most of these guys back next year, save some key positions (Smith).

I'll say this for Kelly. He's at the very least continuing to have better than average success. He's made it to a NCG even though we lost (and yes, badly). Davie, Willingam nor Weis can even come close to saying that. Recruiting seems steady if not better each year where it was iffy or up and down during each of the past three coach's tenures. All in all, it looks really good for our beloved Irish in the near-term.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL WOOO.

If it does happen that we get left out, well it'd be disappointing but on the other hand it still wouldn't be that bad considering what this team has endured injury-wise. I really do not think any of these other Top 5-10-ish teams would have had a season like we've had with their backups or their backup's backups.

Take Elliot away from OSU. Take Henry away from Bama. Take Fournette away from LSU. Take Hogan and/or McCaffrey from Stanford. Take Watson from Clemson. Baylor seems to be about the only team to not miss a beat on offense losing their QB, but their defense is still suspect and their schedule so far has been woeful.

I'd hate to have to say; well next year gentlemen! But if it happens, I'd really like to see us go and smoke whomever in a bowl game and then have most of these guys back next year, save some key positions (Smith).

I'll say this for Kelly. He's at the very least continuing to have better than average success. He's made it to a NCG even though we lost (and yes, badly). Davie, Willingam nor Weis can even come close to saying that. Recruiting seems steady if not better each year where it was iffy or up and down during each of the past three coach's tenures. All in all, it looks really good for our beloved Irish in the near-term.

The haters will say. Take Fuller, Day and Smith and you got nothing as well

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The haters will say. Take Fuller, Day and Smith and you got nothing as well

Maybe so, but after Zaire, Folston, Jones, Crawford, Tranquill and Smythe...

I know Iowa's had some RB injuries and have managed to have their depth give them good production. Wadley is like their third or fourth string.

But perhaps I stated it incorrectly. Take away those guys on their teams along with the starters of the same caliber in the respective positions we've also lost as well, do they still end up as they are now compared with the Irish? I think Clemson's D might be as good, but without Watson I'm not sure their offense is as good.

Injuries happen to every team, not saying we deserve a pity party, I'm saying our depth is probably more impressive than a lot of other teams'. Without our depth, we're not in the position we're in, but we don't really know if their depth would yield the same because they haven't had to face it to that measure. Fair enough? :P