• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame and Independence

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre_Dame_Football_logo_2017.png

giphy.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC simply had to come to terms with the idea that some Notre Dame was better than no Notre Dame at all, especially with its own television network on the horizon. The ACC Network launches on Aug. 22 with distribution in question. Notre Dame’s game at Duke on Nov. 9 will air on the ACC Network, and Swarbrick said multiple Notre Dame games on the league’s network in future seasons could happen.

“Based on my background, I realized Notre Dame probably wasn’t going to go all in,” Cunningham said. “There’s essentially three reasons why and as long as those three reasons are there, they don’t need to. They need to have access to the championship. They need to maintain a television contract. They need a place for their Olympic sports in a competitive league.

From part of the article.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO a lot of the blue bloods would be better off if they were independent in football. But that is just my opinion.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love ND's schedule, they have historic rivalry games with USC, Stanford, Michigan, state, Miami, Navy, etc. I know they don't play all of those games yearly, but if they were able to find a conference dumb enough to take them as a part time member then why the heck not.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love ND's schedule, they have historic rivalry games with USC, Stanford, Michigan, state, Miami, Navy, etc. I know they don't play all of those games yearly, but if they were able to find a conference dumb enough to take them as a part time member then why the heck not.

There isn't too much downside on the ACC's part, either.

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy gets it.

Personally I really wouldn't mind if ND went full conference, and actually think to some extent it would help the football program. Though at this point that is academic having no way to show it proven. However it would suck to lose so many traditional games and rivalries to make room for conference schedules.

Why don't all teams throw off the shackles of conferences. Instead of marching to the beat of some other team's drum. March to your own. Football is supposed to be about the fun and enjoyment. Not the mindless lemmings doing what other teams do in scheduling.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy gets it.

Personally I really wouldn't mind if ND went full conference, and actually think to some extent it would help the football program. Though at this point that is academic having no way to show it proven. However it would suck to lose so many traditional games and rivalries to make room for conference schedules.

Why don't all teams throw off the shackles of conferences. Instead of marching to the beat of some other team's drum. March to your own. Football is supposed to be about the fun and enjoyment. Not the mindless lemmings doing what other teams do in scheduling.
Heresy. We'd lose the S-E-C, S-E-C, S-E-C chant. We can't have that.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy gets it.

Oh if Texas could find a sucker for our other sports i'd be all for it. I'd like to schedule these games yearly:

Oklahoma-duh
a&m-it's tradition
Arkansas-underrated rivalry
Tech-other big state school
Baylor-it's a close road trip
Rice-we could play in Houston every other year, plus JFK

Then schedule a west coast and east coast home and home every year, sprinkle in some fun big games like LSU, Ohio state, etc and you got yourself a schedule.