• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nothing like watching what we thought we were going to get

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To see just how badly the Rams really raped us. :suds:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To see just how badly the Rams really raped us. :suds:

The game thread is titled.........."well i waited to see if anyone would start a game thread"

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game thread is titled.........."well i waited to see if anyone would start a game thread"

Yea, but that wasnt a game thread comment Sty. You know me better than that. :D

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real. Seattle fell into that one. No one thought much of Wilson coming out of college. Everyone thought he was too small. But, you are right, we are looking at what we thought we were getting.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who were these posters that thought we didnt give up too much?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real. Seattle fell into that one. No one thought much of Wilson coming out of college. Everyone thought he was too small. But, you are right, we are looking at what we thought we were getting.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Our GM had to be talked out of taking Wilson in the second round. We knew wee re getting a legit QB.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO but Griffin should mirror his game after Wilson if he wants to be successful. If he wants to be a pocket QB only he has a lot to learn. Wilson is that good of a QB in the pocket but when he uses his legs to either scramble or run he becomse a very good QB. I think that is what Robert needs to do.

In a little over 1 game Griffin was sacked 4 times. In 3 starts plus most of the Jacksonville game Cousins has been sacked 5 times.

If Robert wants to play like Wilson then I hope he is the QB, if he wants to be a drop back QB I would rather see Cousins. Either way I am don't really think we have a top flight QB. Luck as advertised was the best QB in his draft year with Wilson being 2nd best at this point.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the closest blowout in history. Hawks had 3 TDs called back, multiple penalties and drops yet the Redskins were never in this game even down just 7. Just pathetic.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the closest blowout in history. Hawks had 3 TDs called back, multiple penalties and drops yet the Redskins were never in this game even down just 7. Just pathetic.

You can pretty much chalk that up to 1. stingy run defense by Seattle 2. terrible ST play by the Redskins & 3. Wilson & co. making the right plays when needed. They did what they needed to win & that is all that counts.

Redskins are playing against a depleted Cards team this week so they better at least be extremely competitive in that game.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin may be the only player to get ripped after a game he didn't play in. :lol:

What you saw last night only justifies the trade with the Rams IMO. OK so maybe Griffin hasn't been Russel Wilson. But seeing what Russell Wilson can do to a football game was the exact reason they made this trade. Look at his receivers, he's got 1 legit receiver, no TE and he makes plays that win games. That's what great QBs do. That's why a team will give up so many picks to get a guy who may be a player like that and that is exactly why teams who settle for average QBs rarely compete for titles year after year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin may be the only player to get ripped after a game he didn't play in. :lol:

What you saw last night only justifies the trade with the Rams IMO. OK so maybe Griffin hasn't been Russel Wilson. But seeing what Russell Wilson can do to a football game was the exact reason they made this trade. Look at his receivers, he's got 1 legit receiver, no TE and he makes plays that win games. That's what great QBs do. That's why a team will give up so many picks to get a guy who may be a player like that and that is exactly why teams who settle for average QBs rarely compete for titles year after year.

Thanks DGF.....I couldn't agree with you more!!:suds:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree & stated as much in another thread. In addition to his on field play RG3 should also mimic Wilson's over all attitude. Stop worrying about what other people think about you. Just play the game & worry about your team & your teammates. Notice how Wilson does not appear to get caught up in that crap.

I don't believe that this occurs since RG3 is selfish. Rather - I believe that he is one of those persons who is sensitive to the thoughts of other people. In many settings this is a good thing. However - in the context of being a starting NFL QB you need to put that kind of stuff behind you since a lot of the media & the general public don't have your interests in mind & lots of folks just want to tear you apart.

Looking forward to seeing some good QB play during the remainder of the year from either of these guys.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Our GM had to be talked out of taking Wilson in the second round. We knew wee re getting a legit QB.

I'm with you. I honestly talked about us taking Wilson. I didn't know he would be this good, but I watched him a lot when he was in the ACC. Guy basically started 5 years in college, and was a baller, leader the whole way. Very intelligent and athletic, just knows how to play the position. It has certainly carried over to the NFL.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some times a'team'gets a lucky pick and he becomes good redskins get a good pick and destroys there career. Lavar, orackpo rg3, qb ramsey on an on etc etc

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget the Hawks passed on Russell Wilson twice and Plan A was to give a shitload of money to Matt Flynn. So I'm not ready to give gold stars for Wilson just yet, they got lucky that he was there in the 3rd and lucky that he turned out to be worth multiple 1s.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget the Hawks passed on Russell Wilson twice and Plan A was to give a shitload of money to Matt Flynn. So I'm not ready to give gold stars for Wilson just yet, they got lucky that he was there in the 3rd and lucky that he turned out to be worth multiple 1s.

All IM really pointing out is that repeatedly the Redskins go out and make the flash move to get the guy who is supposed to be the truth, and usually the guy we passed on turns out to be what we needed. It just seems like we make alot more moves designed to sell jerseys and fill seats for the upcoming season than making sound moves. I know I was a big advocate for going out and getting a QB. But I dont think this was a dare to be great move, but more of a dare to be headliners.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true... We did get lucky with him... I guess John wanted him with the second pick but Pete rolled the dice because he felt he'd be around in the 3rd.. He definitely cut it close because some other teams had him on there list right after Seattle's pick... But it's funny though, because some coaches are stubborn and Wilson could a sat on the bench somewhere behind someone with another team... You just never know... Pete got heavily critisized at first when he first started Wilson over Flynn... Picking qb's in the draft is always a gamble because so many top picks don't pan out... Look at your boy Rypien who went in the 6th round and ended up being a total gem ... It's such a mental position and some guy's just don't have it mentally.... Game never slow's down for um..