• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notable Cuts

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting to be that time where teams start cutting guys in order to get down to 53. Some are definitely names that will be picked up on rosters elsewhere...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo cut tackle Zebrie Sanders and WR Dorin Dickerson today. We don't have much of a need at tackle, but Sanders was a physical freak coming out last year. Dickerson might be worth a look at WR. He's a converted TE/H-Back who's 6'1" 228 lbs but ran a 4.40 with a 43.5" vertical at the combine a few years ago. He's somewhere between a WR and an H-back in size, but with that speed it seems like he'd be effective on the outside, or as a blocker out of the slot.

It'd be hard to justify adding either this late in the game, but I'd definitely work both guys out to see where they're at. Sanders would be practice squad eligible...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bring Joe McKnight in for a look on kickoffs too. Lots of injuries at RB, so he'd be good to have on speed dial if someone goes down mid-season...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same for Lance Ball- no room right now, but would be a good injury replacement...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind throwing Sanders on the practice squad at all.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested to see if the Lions re-sign Mike Thomas. They may have wanted him to clear waivers in the first place and then sign him back on a VMBS. If not, then he just plain sucks ass.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested to see if the Lions re-sign Mike Thomas. They may have wanted him to clear waivers in the first place and then sign him back on a VMBS. If not, then he just plain sucks ass.

Nice save at the end there, LOL

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pride Of Detroit @PrideOfDetroit
Wow RT @JasonLaCanfora Hearing that the Seahawks, so deep in the secondary, will be releasing CB Antoine Winfield.
ReplyRetweetFavorite
9m
RT @RapSheet Back at it again this morning for #CutDownDay. First surprise: #Panthers cut veteran CB Drayton Florence,

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonathan dwyer cut. I say cut leshoure and pick him up

Dude is out of shape. I would rather give Leshoure 1 more chance instead of picking up a guy we know has conditioning issues and very little upside.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow RT @JasonLaCanfora Hearing that the Seahawks, so deep in the secondary, will be releasing CB Antoine Winfield.
ReplyRetweetFavorite
9m
RT @RapSheet Back at it again this morning for #CutDownDay. First surprise: #Panthers cut veteran CB Drayton Florence,

I think Winfield might make a nice veteran pickup. Who do we cut? Maybe move Mathis to S full time and cut Carey or Spievay? or even both?

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Winfield might make a nice veteran pickup. Who do we cut? Maybe move Mathis to S full time and cut Carey or Spievay? or even both?
Spievey is already gone.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jonathan dwyer cut. I say cut leshoure and pick him up

Leshoure looked good this preseason, I think he is a solid third back. I really don't understand why he is so disliked around here, he does not have huge play potential, but he can grab 4-6 yards regularly. He also has a knack for the end zone.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leshoure looked good this preseason, I think he is a solid third back. I really don't understand why he is so disliked around here, he does not have huge play potential, but he can grab 4-6 yards regularly. He also has a knack for the end zone.

I don't dislike him but he was a 2nd round pick and Joique Bell has surpassed him on the depth chart and if I'm not mistaken Bell wasn't drafted, so therefore I don't trust our team in evaluating talent.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dislike him but he was a 2nd round pick and Joique Bell has surpassed him on the depth chart and if I'm not mistaken Bell wasn't drafted, so therefore I don't trust our team in evaluating talent.

You don't trust our team becaue an undrafted player has excelled? every team passed on him for 7 rounds! Leshoure has nothing to do with that. Leshoure has talent, he is just the 3rd best rb on the team. I don't care where he was drafted, I just care if he contributes. And he does.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't trust our team becaue an undrafted player has excelled? every team passed on him for 7 rounds! Leshoure has nothing to do with that. Leshoure has talent, he is just the 3rd best rb on the team. I don't care where he was drafted, I just care if he contributes. And he does.

That's all fair and fine, but I don't think teams drafting a guy in the 2nd round have expectations of that guy being a 3rd round depth RB.

It is what it is.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks waived WR Chris Harper.

It's just the latest example of "everyone competes" in Seattle, but it's still extremely unusual for a team to cut ties with a fourth-round pick after only four months. Harper was badly out-played by second-year UDFA WR Jermaine Kearse, however, and it cost him his roster spot. The Seahawks will now try to stash Harper on the practice squad, but there's a strong chance he'll get claimed. Standing in at 6-foot-1, 229 pounds, Harper posted a 4.55 40-yard dash and 35.5-inch vertical leap at the Combine. He also recorded the highest Wonderlic of any receiver.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all fair and fine, but I don't think teams drafting a guy in the 2nd round have expectations of that guy being a 3rd round depth RB.

It is what it is.

I would say that it is a good find. Arian Foster is another undrafted RB who exceeded expectation. Should the Texans fans be disappointed with who was drafted, or just happy with what the results have been so far?
The Lions can wiff on draft picks as long as they learn how to find and cultivate talent, and start producing winning teams.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks waived WR Chris Harper.

It's just the latest example of "everyone competes" in Seattle, but it's still extremely unusual for a team to cut ties with a fourth-round pick after only four months. Harper was badly out-played by second-year UDFA WR Jermaine Kearse, however, and it cost him his roster spot. The Seahawks will now try to stash Harper on the practice squad, but there's a strong chance he'll get claimed. Standing in at 6-foot-1, 229 pounds, Harper posted a 4.55 40-yard dash and 35.5-inch vertical leap at the Combine. He also recorded the highest Wonderlic of any receiver.

Seattle doesn't play around. Cliff Avril better watch his ass, because contracts don't mean shit in Seattle, if you can play you make the team, if you are a blood sucking contract fuck that makes the team because of past stats, your ass is always on the line.

The Lions need to take this approach.:rollseyes: