• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notable Cuts

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that it is a good find. Arian Foster is another undrafted RB who exceeded expectation. Should the Texans fans be disappointed with who was drafted, or just happy with what the results have been so far?
The Lions can wiff on draft picks as long as they learn how to find and cultivate talent, and start producing winning teams.

We are going to agree to disagree on this topic vulture because I feel the Lions don't know how to cultivate talent.

Ben Tate, the 2nd round pick by the Texans two years ago is set to take his spot, and some scrub team will over pay for Arian Foster here shortly.

Hope you guys didn't draft Arian Foster this year.:rollseyes:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle doesn't play around. Cliff Avril better watch his ass, because contracts don't mean shit in Seattle, if you can play you make the team, if you are a blood sucking contract fuck that makes the team because of past stats, your ass is always on the line.

The Lions need to take this approach.
rolleyes2.gif

:agree: If we had that approach, we would probably see Burleson cut and Willis retained.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Tate, the 2nd round pick by the Texans two years ago is set to take his spot, and some scrub team will over pay for Arian Foster here shortly.

Hope you guys didn't draft Arian Foster this year.
rolleyes2.gif

Ben Tate isn't taking Fosters thunder this season. Foster is still one of the best RB's in the NFL.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Tate isn't taking Fosters thunder this season. Foster is still one of the best RB's in the NFL.

I agree, but if the right trade came along to the Texans they wouldn't blink to trade Foster because they have Tate....Both are capable because Texas can apparently scout RBs and a OL .......

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that it is a good find. Arian Foster is another undrafted RB who exceeded expectation. Should the Texans fans be disappointed with who was drafted, or just happy with what the results have been so far?
The Lions can wiff on draft picks as long as they learn how to find and cultivate talent, and start producing winning teams.

Had Foster had Dom and the shitty guards we've had run blocking for him he would have been a clip note then out of the league. If the Lions want an interior run game they have to fix the real issue.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster is the recipient of a great scheme and a coach that gets a run game. Ben Tate would be a top 5 RB if he was the starter. Not saying Foster sucks but he is in the same group as Steven Jackson, BJGE, and Lynch.

Take him off the Texans and he is not the same RB.

I see Alfred Morris the same way in Washington. Good strong RB playing in a system that is perfect for his qualities. He will run for 1300 yards put him in Detroit and you have LeShoure.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster is the recipient of a great scheme and a coach that gets a run game. Ben Tate would be a top 5 RB if he was the starter. Not saying Foster sucks but he is in the same group as Steven Jackson, BJGE, and Lynch.

Take him off the Texans and he is not the same RB.

I see Alfred Morris the same way in Washington. Good strong RB playing in a system that is perfect for his qualities. He will run for 1300 yards put him in Detroit and you have LeShoure.

I wouldnt put Steven Jackson in that category if that is your argument concerning Foster. Jackson benefitted from nothing playing in St Louis- he was the offense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster is the recipient of a great scheme and a coach that gets a run game.

If Foster is stats are because of the scheme he plays in -- why wouldn't the Lions just copy the same scheme and run the same offense with LeShoure in the backfield? Seems if it was that easy -- Detroit would implement the scheme and it would open up the passing game tremendously.

Imagine what the Lions could do if they forced the safeties to move into the box to help with the run, while they have Megatron on the outside. It wouldn't even be fair.

Man -- I would LOVE to see the Lions with a running game. Granted they are still hurting at the other WR positions, but if Megatron was able to get man coverage 8-10 times a game -- he would eat defenses alive, even more than he does already. Alas, I still think Detroit is going to see a lot of the same defense they have had run against them last year with the safeties 20 yards off the line of scrimmage.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man -- I would LOVE to see the Lions with a running game. Granted they are still hurting at the other WR positions, but if Megatron was able to get man coverage 8-10 times a game -- he would eat defenses alive, even more than he does already. Alas, I still think Detroit is going to see a lot of the same defense they have had run against them last year with the safeties 20 yards off the line of scrimmage.

No doubt teams are going to play the same as last year until the Lions can prove we have another weapon. Bush might be the answer for underneath dumps to bring the safeties up, but I still don't think were close to even scaring a defense into thinking we can run between the tackles.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt teams are going to play the same as last year until the Lions can prove we have another weapon. Bush might be the answer for underneath dumps to bring the safeties up, but I still don't think were close to even scaring a defense into thinking we can run between the tackles.

I agree -- I think that is what the Lions will see, but hopefully, with the addition of Bush out of the backfield -- It is going to make the defense respect his open field ability.

I think that will be just as good as a consistent running attack. We shall see though. Detroit is still going to need to find a quality 2nd option at WR. I haven't watched any of the preseason, so hopefully I am pleasantly surprised in week 1. I really can't wait to see what Bush can do in this offense, as he should be able to pick up quite a bit of yards catching the ball out of the backfield (wouldn't be shocked to see him get 70+ catches this year if he stays healthy)

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foster is stats are because of the scheme he plays in -- why wouldn't the Lions just copy the same scheme and run the same offense with LeShoure in the backfield? Seems if it was that easy -- Detroit would implement the scheme and it would open up the passing game tremendously.

Because they don't have the personnel for it. The oline they've been drafting are pass protectors and stink at run blocking for the most part. Just like any other part of the team you have to draft players that fit your scheme.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once Warford and Fox settle in on the right side, we can run quite a bit. Warford did not look to good to me in the preseason and was just handed the job if you ask me. He is big but he gets pushed around a lot. Fox was surprisingly good though. Reiff was good at run blocking as well-pass blocking not as much though. I think we will run more than we have in the past is probably a better way to state it. And not just those predictable dive runs up the middle either like last year.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leshoure in his first year recovering from a serious injury did ok. This is his make or break year, i agree im skeptical as well of the lions ability to evaluate talent.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely be talking to Jo-Lonn Dunbar. I don't care if he is suspended for the first 4 games. He'd instantly be our best OLB.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants cut Marvin Austin and the Lions give him a tryout. I would sign him in a heartbeat.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leshoure in his first year recovering from a serious injury did ok. This is his make or break year, i agree im skeptical as well of the lions ability to evaluate talent.

I'm not sure how much of LeShoure we are even going to see. He is 3rd on the RB depth chart now behind Reggie Bush and Joique Bell.

Unless one of them get hurt -- I'm guessing he may only see time on goal line situations or garbage time in the 2nd half.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leshoure's best chance at extended duty this season will be late in games if we have the lead.

If/when we're trying to run the clock down Bell and Leshoure should get lots of looks with Reggie resting comfortably on the sidelines.

Other than that I only see him getting a few carries a game plus goal-line work. Nothing wrong with that, though. Just means we're deep at the position. When your 3rd RB is a guy coming off a 1,000+ total yards, 9 TD red-shirt rookie season that's not too shabby, imo...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i should expect to see plent of leshoure then.