• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NOT AS WORRIED ABOUT DBs COACH

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the reason is because the new DC Eric Mangini has plenty of experience in that department. He coached the Patriots DBs under Belichick from 2000-2004. In 2004 in particular his work shined. Both of his starting CBs Ty Law and Tyrone Poole were on IR, and rookie Asante Samuel as well as an undrafted rookie Randall Gay were forced into the lineup and started the rest of the way with no problems. What really stood out were their playoff performances against Peyton Manning and the Colts in the Divisional round that year, and how they completely took Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne out of the game. And then of course their performances against Hines Ward and Plaxico in the AFC Title Game, and finally in the Super Bowl agaisnt TO and the Eagles....I think we definitely have a winning hire in Mangini for the current post he has.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling pretty good about this. Coaching change that makes sense in my opinion.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is gone, not an option. I accept that. I'm looking to move on feeling positive this move will work out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mangini isn't a bad hire. That was a safe hire. I don't mind it. Its just funny how they fired everyone and hired like half of them back.

Mock2Speed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our defense should be fine. As much retention on the defensive side of the ball is understandable. Mangini is a drop-off, but not too much. Their reasoning of continuity doesn't make any sense when it comes to the reported promtion to OC of Geep. That's the hire I find funny (well outside of Tomsula).

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense should be fine. As much retention on the defensive side of the ball is understandable. Mangini is a drop-off, but not too much. Their reasoning of continuity doesn't make any sense when it comes to the reported promtion to OC of Geep. That's the hire I find funny (well outside of Tomsula).

I don't find any of their hires "funny." I find all of them to be insulting.