• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not another trade thread....yes, yes it is

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that there is a growing feeling that movement is going too - has to happen with this team.
The question is not even who is getting shipped out as much as what do you bring back?

IMHO, the biggest targeted asset should be draft picks, a legitimate NHL left winger and more draft picks.

Defense is a mess, but with all of the injuries and the lack of cohesion from top of the lineup down, and knowing what is in the pipeline, I don't make that an immediate target unless someone calls with an offer that you simply can't refuse....

Considering the Penguins dealt a late 1st rounder recently in the Perron deal, it is possible that for the right player, with the right partner, the Flyers could net a late 1st round pick for someone. It is much much more likely that they will have to settle for 2nds and 3rds. That is fine as long as they KEEP THEM.

As for legitimate LW's. I don't even know where to start. It is the kind of glaring hole that trade partners might try to exploit and jack the price. Don't really have any ideas as to who would be the best fit here either...but not having a real 1st line NHL left wing has hurt this team in the constant line shuffling.

The rest of this season is going to be about being the spoiler and draft position. Not the most fun way to watch the back nine in an NHL season.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers would love to make a trade, if for nothing else to open cap space for next year. 18 guys under contract for next season including the top 5 salaries on defense. Flyers would move a contract for less than market value for space.

Good return (Not going to happen as the return isn't worth it)
G
Jake
Couts
B. Schenn
Simmonds
Laughton
Mason

Will never happen because of Contract
A Mac
Umberger
Vinny

Possible but unlikely
Streit
Raffl
Coburn (4.5 for 3rd pairing injured guy not real attractive)

Possible
Grossman (actually closest dman earning contract)
L. Schenn (contract not bad if playing as your 5,6)
Read (3.4 and 3 goals, would be on potential only)

Probable (not getting great value back and no cap relief)
Schultz
MDZ
VV
Frenchie
Emery
CC

Why
Rinaldo

I just don't see any of these guys getting a 1st pick back. Grossmann could get a 2 or 3, L. Schenn a 3. Both would open a spot and some space for next year. The probable guys could get a 4-7 and are mostly UFA, MDZ (RFA) and are easily replaced. Not much value but who cares at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I hope Hextall is able to move some dead weight for cap relief and maybe picks, I also wouldn't mind seeing him make a small move or two for players with potential who are currently struggling. Sometimes a change of scenery and chemistry with different players can make a big difference (see Leino, Ville).

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making one or two of those subtle moves for youth the needs a change of scenery could help.
Depends on who the youth is.

The source could be college free agents. They are older, more mature and hopefully more developed players.

You do need to have room on the 50 man to sign them.

Last edited by a moderator: