• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non-Bronco Player Moves

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Klis

✔@MikeKlis

Matt Paradis 3-yr, $27M deal w/Car (two voidable yrs, $1M each in 2022-23 if on roster after 2021 SB):
2019: $9M sign; $1M base, $1M p/g; $500K work, total: $11.5M ($10M full g)
2020: $5.5M, $1M p/g; $500K: $7M ($2Minjury g)
2021: $7.03M, $1M p/g; $500K, total: $8.53M. #9sports

That kind of pisses me off. This was not that bad of a contract.

5:09 PM - Mar 12, 2019

This shows also they were nervous it is a one year deal to a point . I would also state Paradis seems a touch nervous to sign that himself. He got paid but only 1 million base . If he is still messed up they probably got the $9 bonus spread $3m a year. and he cannot go they have very little invested for what they might get.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick update in Kareem Jackson has a cap hit year 1 of $6 million and James has a cap hit of $8 million. So Broncos still have around $14 million in real cap space that they can use to sign someone. Also kind of interesting that the trade of Keenum saved the Broncos about $14 million in cap space. So trading Keenum allowed the Broncos to bring in two quality starters.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For F sakes We should have jumped on that $4million this year.

If he is done that would be $3 million dead the next two years . So there is that.

I get it that Elway is gun shy of dead money but were talking a guy worth 11million a year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For F sakes We should have jumped on that $4million this year.

If he is done that would be $3 million dead the next two years . So there is that.

I get it that Elway is gun shy of dead money but were talking a guy worth 11million a year.

Broncos offered him a similar deal last year and he turned it down. This is on him making that choice. Broncos made him a fair offer and he thought he could get more on the open market.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos offered him a similar deal last year and he turned it down. This is on him making that choice. Broncos made him a fair offer and he thought he could get more on the open market.

He gambled he would not get hurt. Don't act like you don't bet on yourself every now and then. No one is perfect.

He was doing what Jackson and ED did the difference was he got hurt.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he had insurance hope it was a wad because he lost big bucks!

They buy Insurance for college kids when they play S year when they are pro prospects

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gambled he would not get hurt. Don't act like you don't bet on yourself every now and then. No one is perfect.

He was doing what Jackson and ED did the difference was he got hurt.

I've definitely gambled on myself in the past. He felt insulted by the Broncos earlier this offseason and unfortunately the bridge was burned. Went out and found out what the Broncos were offering was fair but my guess is some pride got in the way of him coming back.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've definitely gambled on myself in the past. He felt insulted by the Broncos earlier this offseason and unfortunately the bridge was burned. Went out and found out what the Broncos were offering was fair but my guess is some pride got in the way of him coming back.

With the year he had, he was worth $11m a year he had a right to it.

They offered him a deal likeHarris/Wolf took to guarantee their families long term . IMO Harris/Wolf was right.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the year he had, he was worth $11m a year he had a right to it.

They offered him a deal likeHarris/Wolf took to guarantee their families long term . IMO Harris/Wolf was right.

Which it makes sense for the Broncos to start with a more team friendly deal. Problem was that Paradis took that as an insult and neither he or his agent would talk to the Broncos. Not exactly the mature way to handle contract negotiations. I loved Paradis when he was here and wished we could have gotten something done but this is on him for being gone. Broncos made him a very similar offer to the one he accepted and he turned it down thinking it was an insult.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I am kind of down after thinking of Keenum

We offered him the same contract reduction of$7m and he wanted out. Pride is dumb! This was the team he wanted to play for as a kid.

Lindsay mom told him to suck it up and play for the Broncos it is going to work out for him.

Elway needs a better jig than this we are losing too many good players we draft, just about the time they hit their stride.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Paradis being 29 and having 2 hip surgeries and coming back from a broken fibula really scared Denver off. Yes O-Lineman can play into their 30's but usually the guys with such an extensive injury history aren't those guys.

Plus if Denver really likes Sam Jones and thinks he can play Center it makes sense to go with a young guy already on your roster over an aging injury prone veteran despite how much we all like Paradis.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I am kind of down after thinking of Keenum

We offered him the same contract reduction of$7m and he wanted out. Pride is dumb! This was the team he wanted to play for as a kid.

Lindsay mom told him to suck it up and play for the Broncos it is going to work out for him.

Elway needs a better jig than this we are losing too many good players we draft, just about the time they hit their stride.

Not sure what great players the Broncos have let walk?

Danny Trevathan has done well but he got a huge deal and the Broncos had to pick between him and Marshall.

Malik Jackson did ok in Jacksonville but he has already been cut by his second team because his contract was out of wack with his production. The others have bounced around the league.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which it makes sense for the Broncos to start with a more team friendly deal. Problem was that Paradis took that as an insult and neither he or his agent would talk to the Broncos. Not exactly the mature way to handle contract negotiations. I loved Paradis when he was here and wished we could have gotten something done but this is on him for being gone. Broncos made him a very similar offer to the one he accepted and he turned it down thinking it was an insult.

They offered him this when he was healthy. He betted on himself . if he is able to play the next 3 years it was still a loss for him but as I said he bet on himself .

He wanted $33 million salary and $9m bonus he was heathy and getting shitty advise is my guess by his agent.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what great players the Broncos have let walk?

Danny Trevathan has done well but he got a huge deal and the Broncos had to pick between him and Marshall.

Malik Jackson did ok in Jacksonville but he has already been cut by his second team because his contract was out of wack with his production. The others have bounced around the league.

I stated the same but you are not looking at the same as me. I stated that players should stay with teams they are doing good with for good reason they work in that system going somewhere where they get paid usually does not work long term all that often.

Jackson was going to be the man that was not a good idea. a double team he never saw here .not once.

same with Ed he was in the right spot to have made way more money and a huge name for himself.... JT the same all he wanted was money

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ED and Thomas had Manning and his ED/ST working for him and being seen on National TV every week that gives you a better chance of money in other ways.

And Probowls that give you prosperity that they never came close to where they went.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We let all our Draft picks go.

People say Elway cant Draft .That is BS .

His players are all over the league Starting.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big Elway fan, but I congradulate him for having patience and not getting caught up in all of SportsHoopla of signing a big name free agent.

Some of the money being spent is nutz. Trent Brown played one full year for the patriots in 2018 and he Dante Scarneccia as his coach. Now he's getting 4 years and 4^^M to play for a guy that some people say is the worst OL coach in the NFL. Got $17M in my pocket, now I just have to make sure I don't get hurt and I'll collect it for the next four years.

People hate the Patriots but Bill Belichick never gets involved with FAs for the first 5 or 6 days. Usually waits until the following week before signing the 'lesser' guys. They take a little less and play a lot harder. 3 of the last 5 years, they get a bonus check for the play offs and Super Bowl and an $85,000 Championship ring.

Give Elway a little breathing space and watch what he does over the weekend or next week. I think you'll be very happy with the results come late November.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well K.J. Wright back to the Seahawks. I was hoping that would be the last big signing for the Broncos. Not sure what the plan is now with the Off-Ball linebacker spot.

Broncos also still heavily tied to the CB group in FA as this draft is pretty darn bad when it comes to that position group.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big Elway fan, but I congradulate him for having patience and not getting caught up in all of SportsHoopla of signing a big name free agent.

Some of the money being spent is nutz. Trent Brown played one full year for the patriots in 2018 and he Dante Scarneccia as his coach. Now he's getting 4 years and 4^^M to play for a guy that some people say is the worst OL coach in the NFL. Got $17M in my pocket, now I just have to make sure I don't get hurt and I'll collect it for the next four years.

People hate the Patriots but Bill Belichick never gets involved with FAs for the first 5 or 6 days. Usually waits until the following week before signing the 'lesser' guys. They take a little less and play a lot harder. 3 of the last 5 years, they get a bonus check for the play offs and Super Bowl and an $85,000 Championship ring.

Give Elway a little breathing space and watch what he does over the weekend or next week. I think you'll be very happy with the results come late November.

It is definitely a balancing act of not getting too desperate to spend big on average talent but yet make sure you don't miss out on some guys that can help the team either. I like the two signings the Broncos have made so far. Both seem like great fits for what they want to do. I wish James didn't cost as much as he did but after the Brown signing by the Raiders all prices on OL players went nuts. The Broncos have had their eyes on James for a long time and have tried trading for him a few times. So I think they were willing to overpay a bit to secure his services.

This next wave will tell the tale though for sure. Hoping to see a couple more signings for the Broncos to shore up a couple of positions.