• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No team has ever won 3 Super Bowls in a row. What if the Chiefs do it?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, donny was an idiot. Held the Eagles back from 2-4 Super Bowls.
Donny was an idiot and Reid's game plan and shitty time management costed them every year wasting Jim Johnson's defense. Reid wasn't winning any SB's with Alex Smith either till Patty fell into his lap. Reid's a good coach but in no way he's the best nor is he top 3.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donny was an idiot and Reid's game plan and shitty time management costed them every year wasting Jim Johnson's defense. Reid wasn't winning any SB's with Alex Smith either till Patty fell into his lap. Reid's a good coach but in no way he's the best nor is he top 3.

The coach most likely to have an on field clanger.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He developed Mahomes into what nabby could never be. One of the great QB coaches of all time. Selecting Jim Johnson was a pure genius move.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid is the fastest coach of all time?

Charlie Weis said hold my gallon of beer.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid is the fastest coach of all time?

Charlie Weis said hold my gallon of beer.
i like beer GIF

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we include college....Mark Mangino is also a candidate.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if they win 4 in a row when no other team has won 3 in a row? Then it gets interesting.
First, no single player or coach wins a Super Bowl on their own.

GOAT is scary subject. Would you call Don Shula the GOAT head coach? You would get an argument that he never coached in the free agency or salary cap era. If the NFL didn't have a salary cap or free agency, do you think that the Patriots would have won 6 rings? If they had won three out of four and had not lost any players to free agency, would they have won 4, 5 or 6 in a row?

One must be careful and not immediately place any player in that GOAT category. Brady maintain a high level of excellence for 23 years in a league where the average length of service is 7-8 years. He could be seriously a GOAT. Let's wait to see if Mahomes can last 10-15 years playing his style of football quarterback at the level he's playing and has been playing.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying healthy is the biggest key, that’s why I think it’s so hard to three peat and why it’s never been done… Even if you’re the best team in the league, and injury here or there and suddenly you’re not the best team…
Yep, pretty much my take as well. On paper your roster can be the king of kings, but if any number of your key players are in the infirmary during the playoffs, the chances of making it all the way are greatly reduced.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given this is now a real possibility, I say we fly over to @Black Adam 's house and kick his ass. Like leave him alive, but I think it's important we send a message. I'm not sure what that message is, but I'll leave it to you guys to figure that out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that mean for Mahomes legacy and the GOAT argument we are watching him make over his career? What does that say for Andy Reid?

For both I think it makes a case for them to be in conversations of best ever but it does not push them to GOAT status. Andy Reid would for sure be in the top 5 HC conversation to end his career with 3 straight Super Bowl wins.

Now if they win 4 in a row when no other team has won 3 in a row? Then it gets interesting.

Then even if Mahomes only wins 1 other title late in his career he would have stake at the GOAT title having won 4 in a row early in his career.

Reid with 4 straight titles added onto already his lengthy resume then enters a debate with BB as the GOAT HC, especially if BB remains in the league and AFC during this 4 year run.
If KC wins 3 in a row, KC fans will have to learn to count to 3.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given this is now a real possibility, I say we fly over to @Black Adam 's house and kick his ass. Like leave him alive, but I think it's important we send a message. I'm not sure what that message is, but I'll leave it to you guys to figure that out.
How about we buy him a beer, kick his ass, then by some more beer to smooth things out?