• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No safeties taken in the 1st round

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace you suck.....hate both picks......Didnt need a te yet, nor did I like the Johnson pick.....Although we needed a db, Johnson is not the right guy.....Shouldve picked a better db with the 43rd and a wr instead of Kmet at 50............

:gaah:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace you suck.....hate both picks......Didnt need a te yet, nor did I like the Johnson pick.....Although we needed a db, Johnson is not the right guy.....Shouldve picked a better db with the 43rd and Kmet at 50, who most likely wouldve been there.............

:gaah:
Which CB would you have picked?

Johnson was a consensus top 5 CB in most mocks.

He went at #42 in the SportsHoopla mock, fwiw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with both picks. Kmet is very good and we needed a TE. Johnson only dropped to the second round because of a injury. We were never gonna fix everything or get everything we needed in this draft. We got talented players.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early on in the offseason I was very much for taking a TE with one of our first two picks, but that was when I was under the impression that the Bears were fully committed to at least one more year of Trubisky. Nothing like a dependable TE to make an average QB look better. But once we signed Foles and I'm of the belief he will be our starting QB this year, then I became much less sold on us taking a TE. So what do we do? We take a TE, LOL.

Gotta say tho, if we did have to take one, I'm glad it was Kmet. Big feller with wheels who can get to the ball and can also lay a block.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early on in the offseason I was very much for taking a TE with one of our first two picks, but that was when I was under the impression that the Bears were fully committed to at least one more year of Trubisky. Nothing like a dependable TE to make an average QB look better. But once we signed Foles and I'm of the belief he will be our starting QB this year, then I became much less sold on us taking a TE. So what do we do? We take a TE, LOL.

Gotta say tho, if we did have to take one, I'm glad it was Kmet. Big feller with wheels who can get to the ball and can also lay a block.

Makes no sense at all.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which CB would you have picked?

Johnson was a consensus top 5 CB in most mocks.

He went at #42 in the SportsHoopla mock, fwiw

Scout report from WFCamp:

2020 NFL Draft Prospects: Cornerbacks

They had him at 9......Reports were he would get pushed around by bigger wrs cause of lower body weight.....just didnt sound intriguing to me......And right off hand,not sure who was there at 43.....

And Kmet at 43 was a numb boggling to me........

Not sure what we will do at wr being we dont have much after A-Rob.....just thought wr was was the best pick....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@beardown07

After looking back, Delpit or Winfield would of been the better pick.......just my opinion...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scout report from WFCamp:

2020 NFL Draft Prospects: Cornerbacks

They had him at 9......Reports were he would get pushed around by bigger wrs cause of lower body weight.....just didnt sound intriguing to me......And right off hand,not sure who was there at 43.....

And Kmet at 43 was a numb boggling to me........

Not sure what we will do at wr being we dont have much after A-Rob.....just thought wr was was the best pick....

It's a deep draft at WR. I never like taking them early. It's the same with TE's and the main thing I don't like about the Kmet pic(With that said, we have an excellent TE coach, and understudying under Graham can't be a bad thing, and one difference with TEs over other skill positions, is you are ostensibly getting an o-lineman and a receiver)

Also, fwiw, I think Walterfootball.com is one of the worst mocks out there. They have Gladney at 10, and he went at 31 overall.

I watched Jaylon. He is a stud. If not for an injury, he would've likely gone in the first rd.

I would've gone Antoine Winfield Jr at 43 tho. I think Kmet would've been there at 50.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Pretty awesome stuff here. I don't like the pick but you know what, his reaction makes me root for him.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Pretty awesome stuff here. I don't like the pick but you know what, his reaction makes me root for him.

This is magnificent.

I mean, in the end the most important thing is he becomes a good player for us, but man, it is pretty cool to see it's a hometown boy that loves the Bears so you KNOW he wants to win it all with us. I'd love, as a Bears fan, to have the ability to make that kind of impact.

In other news, Nagy's walls are fantastic.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, Nagy's walls are fantastic.

A beautiful mind

2a1ea1f7e5cb6f634a2c39d30900a5b1.jpg