• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No random weed tests for ‘20’21

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what one thinks of weed, Bottom line , weed is rampant in the NBA, has been for a long time. What wasn’t was that the players were not in control. They now have complete control of the league. Big mistake.

And you wonder why fans are turning to college ball.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what one thinks of weed, Bottom line , weed is rampant in the NBA, has been for a long time. What wasn’t was that the players were not in control. They now have complete control of the league. Big mistake.

And you wonder why fans are turning to college ball.
College ratings are down even more than the NBA. Try again

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon my A D D , cmon, of course down the line drugs destroy the body. These players are playing, no pun intended, for the moment. The big contract!

do you deny weed helps players take pressures of the game off them?

Let me ask you this.

Do you think coaches, nutritionists, dietitians, strength coaches, etc. at any level recommend marijuana for performance enhancement?

Every program I know of actively tries to get their student athletes to avoid marijuana.

Also, the implied narrative by you that most NBA players smoke weed is not true. There are definitely more than a few that do. But with athletes today more health and nutrition conscious than ever, I would bet the majority does not smoke weed.

Because, as others have said, it inhibits performance more than it helps.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @weed being a performance enhancer.

Weed has it's place, imo. It's great for after a game because it helps with relaxation, pain relief and has anti-inflammatory properties. It can also help with sleep, which can be hard to get after a game.

It would be dumb to smoke just before a game because the type of "relaxed" that you get from smoking weed is not the kind you are looking for in a game.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly what is stupid are the questions you are asking , and the responses you are giving.

What other reason would the ban random testing of weed in the NBA?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly what is stupid are the questions you are asking , and the responses you are giving.

What other reason would the ban random testing of weed in the NBA?

Only 1 stupid response here.

You called marijuana a performance enhancer.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 stupid response here.

You called marijuana a performance enhancer.
Technically it is for players who cannot perform under the pressures of the game! You telling me no players smoke weed for that purpose?

lol , pretty sure jr smith waited till after playoff game to smoke..

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @weed being a performance enhancer.

Weed has it's place, imo. It's great for after a game because it helps with relaxation, pain relief and has anti-inflammatory properties. It can also help with sleep, which can be hard to get after a game.

It would be dumb to smoke just before a game because the type of "relaxed" that you get from smoking weed is not the kind you are looking for in a game.
Lol, how did Drugs affect jimmy Hendrix performance? Lol, I’m sure he waited to shoot up after, right? Lol Wow what does momma have to say about that?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically it is for players who cannot perform under the pressures of the game! You telling me no players smoke weed for that purpose?

lol , pretty sure jr smith waited till after playoff game to smoke..

Yes.

I am telling you NBA players smoke weed for the same reasons most who partake do. Recreation.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

I am telling you NBA players smoke weed for the same reasons most who partake do. Recreation.
I have given you way too much credit!
Here are the facts about weed. Smoke a joint it stays in your system 30 days, smoke 2 60 days. So it’s in their system ! It rampant and they know if they test, 25% of league probably gone. I have heard lots of contracts of the big names have clauses in contract stating no random drug test during season. Now, they have nothing to worry about.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, how did Drugs affect jimmy Hendrix performance? Lol, I’m sure he waited to shoot up after, right? Lol Wow what does momma have to say about that?

This post is too stupid to do anything but laugh at. So....

Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have given you way too much credit!
Here are the facts about weed. Smoke a joint it stays in your system 30 days, smoke 2 60 days. So it’s in their system ! It rampant and they know if they test, 25% of league probably gone. I have heard lots of contracts of the big names have clauses in contract stating no random drug test during season. Now, they have nothing to worry about.

The testing part is true. There would be a solid percentage of players who do smoke weed recreationally and like seeing the random testing go away.

The performance enhancement part is absolute total BS. Literally one of the worst takes in SportsHoopla history.

Since marijuana is being de-criminalized and is clearly not a performance enhancing drug, it makes sense that the major sports leagues would not test athletes for it.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The testing part is true. There would be a solid percentage of players who do smoke weed recreationally and like seeing the random testing go away.

The performance enhancement part is absolute total BS. Literally one of the worst takes in SportsHoopla history.

Since marijuana is being de-criminalized and is clearly not a performance enhancing drug, it makes sense that the major sports leagues would not test athletes for it.
The testing part is true???? Really , thanks for agreeing with the stupidest poster in sportshoopla history. Lol. Becareful you don’t want to be seen hanging round the stupid!

Again, no matter the generation! We have all seen movies about, talk about, performers , on all the stages, take something to “enhance” their performance because of whatever the reason . And you continue to deny this? I put enhance in parenthesis, cause mr literal, Open your mind.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The testing part is true???? Really , thanks for agreeing with the stupidest poster in sportshoopla history. Lol. Becareful you don’t want to be seen hanging round the stupid!

Again, no matter the generation! We have all seen movies about, talk about, performers , on all the stages, take something to “enhance” their performance because of whatever the reason . And you continue to deny this? I put enhance in parenthesis, cause mr literal, Open your mind.

Broken clocks are right twice a day.

Actors and performers may use drugs to lower their inhibitions which might lead to a better show.

Doesn’t work like that with athletic competition.

That is the worst apples to oranges comparison I have ever seen.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious, The 1986 World champions, New York Mets, admittedly coked/ Yellows/ greenies/ weed/ speed out of their minds.

How, why, would , could , they have won for not being under the influence?

Last edited:

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I guess I literally have to spell it out for you, 2 aspects of an athlete. Physical and mental. Weed does not enhance the physical appearance of an athlete , but it does enhance the mental , if they feel that they cannot perform to the best of their abilities do to pressures of game . If you agree press 1 . If not go blank yourself!