• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No one ever talks about Bo Jackson for some reason

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you even imagine if Peyton Manning had ever had a RB like Barry? :eek:

That would be sick. Maybe even a more potent tandem than Elway and Davis were. Three SB wins in a row?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be sick. Maybe even a more potent tandem than Elway and Davis were. Three SB wins in a row?

Gronk and Peyton together would a SB lock every season.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo is on that list of "coulda been's" w/ some other players who might've been the greatest of all time (or close) if injury or otherwise didn't end their careers.

Bo
Tony Boselli
Sean Taylor
Sterling Sharpe
Rod Woodson
(before the ACL & switch to FS)

...Then there are others who never showed anything but may have if not for injury like Kijana Carter, Andre Wadsworth & others.

Sean Taylor, in particular, was about as scary a player the NFL has ever seen:

sean-taylor-pro-bowl-hit-o.gif

:what:

I consider Sean Taylor one of the best at his position easily,speed and the height he had was amazing with that rough frame.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if? One of the ultimate what ifs?

Bo and Barry. What if Bo didn't get hurt, and what if Barry Sanders didn't play for a shit-franchise and retire in his prime?

I play that game in my head every time Barry Sanders' name comes up. The Packers passed on Barry to draft Tony Mandarich in '89. Favre, Sanders and Sharpe vs Aikman, Smith and Irvin might have been the most epic conference championship battles for a decade.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo is on that list of "coulda been's" w/ some other players who might've been the greatest of all time (or close) if injury or otherwise didn't end their careers.

Bo
Tony Boselli
Sean Taylor
Sterling Sharpe
Rod Woodson
(before the ACL & switch to FS)

...Then there are others who never showed anything but may have if not for injury like Kijana Carter, Andre Wadsworth & others.

Sean Taylor, in particular, was about as scary a player the NFL has ever seen:

sean-taylor-pro-bowl-hit-o.gif

:what:
wadsworth was a reach based on his freakish physique. he had little football experience before FSU.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best athlete to ever play professional sports. Bar none.

I just happened to stop off at a bar with friends and watch him hit a home run of my Yankees his first game back
from hip surgery. It is one of my favorite home runs and I just don't care it was against the Yanks.

Tough call...idk if he was a better athlete than Herschel. That said...Bo Jackson had the skillset to be pro bowler in the NFL and allstar in MLB...that's pretty incredible.

That kind of forces this question...which athlete would be considered the best on the planet...a triathlete, NFL player, NBA player, Olympic swimmer, etc.

Hard to beat Michael Phelps imo.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have been mentioned with the all-time greats if he had stayed healthy.

One of my favorite players, I'll never forget him his run on MNF.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or Emmitt. Edge was good but not in the same class as Sanders or Smith.

He'd be mentioned as one of the best ever QB's, instead of criticized for HIS postseason record.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite Bo memory was when he ran over that fraud The Boz.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call...idk if he was a better athlete than Herschel. That said...Bo Jackson had the skillset to be pro bowler in the NFL and allstar in MLB...that's pretty incredible.

That kind of forces this question...which athlete would be considered the best on the planet...a triathlete, NFL player, NBA player, Olympic swimmer, etc.

Hard to beat Michael Phelps imo.

I just can't give it to Phelps as I don't think he would succeed at any other sport than that of swimming. There are some guys that you can just see being very successful in other professions. Such as for me I do think that if LeBron James wanted to play football he would be a Jimmy Graham type talent in the NFL. We also have some NFL athletes that have both competed in the NFL and for that of in the Olympics.

Jim Thorpe is my pick though for all time. I mean this guy at one time was considered the best football player on the planet. He also played 4 different positions for his team that went on to win the National Championship. Then in the Olympics he went on to win gold medals in two different events. He also played professional baseball for a while. He wasn't the best but he wasn't terrible at it either. They also say he won ballroom dancing competitions and played Lacrosse, wrestled, and even played some basketball.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't give it to Phelps as I don't think he would succeed at any other sport than that of swimming. There are some guys that you can just see being very successful in other professions. Such as for me I do think that if LeBron James wanted to play football he would be a Jimmy Graham type talent in the NFL. We also have some NFL athletes that have both competed in the NFL and for that of in the Olympics.

Jim Thorpe is my pick though for all time. I mean this guy at one time was considered the best football player on the planet. He also played 4 different positions for his team that went on to win the National Championship. Then in the Olympics he went on to win gold medals in two different events. He also played professional baseball for a while. He wasn't the best but he wasn't terrible at it either. They also say he won ballroom dancing competitions and played Lacrosse, wrestled, and even played some basketball.

I hear ya...NBA player like a Lebron James I would rank high......years back I played in some celebrity charity golf tourneys and was once paired with an Olympic hand ball player...this guy was carved out of block of granite...a MLB player once, and a few NFL players...Thorpe might be the all time pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya...NBA player like a Lebron James I would rank high......years back I played in some celebrity charity golf tourneys and was once paired with an Olympic hand ball player...this guy was carved out of block of granite...a MLB player once, and a few NFL players...Thorpe might be the all time pick.

That is cool. I've played in some pro-ams where got to meet some pro golfers. What they could do with a golf ball was just down right impressive. That is the hard part though of comparing athletes from different sports especially in today's world where very few do more than one sport. That used to be quite common that the top athletes played multiple sports throughout the year but today very few would even think about it. I wouldn't mind seeing Russell Wilson give it a try at baseball as he seems very focused on baseball being one of his great passions still.

At this point though if we are just talking about dominating your sport you are right Phelps has to be up there. I would put Serena Williams near the top as well as didn't she just win again this past weekend? The woman seems to be ageless. Jimmy Johnson then would have to be considered. Again for me though I just think about who could dominate no matter what sport they decided to do and only a handful of players really come to mind.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is cool. I've played in some pro-ams where got to meet some pro golfers. What they could do with a golf ball was just down right impressive. That is the hard part though of comparing athletes from different sports especially in today's world where very few do more than one sport. That used to be quite common that the top athletes played multiple sports throughout the year but today very few would even think about it. I wouldn't mind seeing Russell Wilson give it a try at baseball as he seems very focused on baseball being one of his great passions still.

At this point though if we are just talking about dominating your sport you are right Phelps has to be up there. I would put Serena Williams near the top as well as didn't she just win again this past weekend? The woman seems to be ageless. Jimmy Johnson then would have to be considered. Again for me though I just think about who could dominate no matter what sport they decided to do and only a handful of players really come to mind.

It was cool...most of them...the center fielder (Kenny Lofton) for the Yankees (Indians and Braves) was probably the only celebrity I didn't particularly like playing with...thought he was the shit and he wasn't really that good of a golfer.

Proams...played in a LPGA proam once, but never with the big boys.

Dominant...yep that definitely brings Phelps into the fold...Serena quietly is the modern day sports dynasty...an old timer...Edwin Moses

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian Okoye was the most overpowered video game football player ever, not even close:

That title belongs to 2004 Madden Michael Vick. 95 speed and 97 throw power with enough accuracy if you didn't throw on the run (you never needed to because zero players could catch him at the LB/D-Line position, heck most safeties/corners couldn't) you could connect with anything downfield. It was absolutely ridiculous.

The Okoye vid is against the lowly Colts who had the worst D in the entire game. Okoye wasn't as effective against the top 15 or so Ds. Still amazing video game athlete though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That title belongs to 2004 Madden Michael Vick. 95 speed and 97 throw power with enough accuracy if you didn't throw on the run (you never needed to because zero players could catch him at the LB/D-Line position, heck most safeties/corners couldn't) you could connect with anything downfield. It was absolutely ridiculous.

The Okoye vid is against the lowly Colts who had the worst D in the entire game. Okoye wasn't as effective against the top 15 or so Ds. Still amazing video game athlete though.

Brian Finneran

6'6", blocked a couple of punts the year before so had 99 jumping, and was a third down machine so had 90 hands.

That slow white piece of trash was unstoppable

Vick + Finneran = bullshit

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Finneran

6'6", blocked a couple of punts the year before so had 99 jumping, and was a third down machine so had 90 hands.

That slow white piece of trash was unstoppable

Vick + Finneran = bullshit

LOL yep. Madden 03 Faulk was ridiculous as well. Warner to Faulk on 5 WR shotgun where you just send Faulk hail mary. He'd run past everyone and no linebacker could keep up with him. You had to either a) manually control the corners or b) pray your safety locked on and was decent enough.

Then you had Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce and Ricky Prohl.. it was pretty ridiculous. Still, SINGLE guy that could just wreck everyone was Vick.

Through 50+ online games I was undefeated and led all Madden 03 online players in PPG (for PC) while abusing the Rams.