• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No More Ties

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL needs to change this. I know it only happens every once in awhile but all major sports dont have ties anymore. Recently R. Wilson said after the the Final time in OT there should be 1 Final kick. Who ever wins the coin flip decides if they want to kick for the win from the 35 yard line. That would make it a 52 yard kick.

I am going to take it 1 step further it should be a kick off between the FG kickers just like NHL and Soccer have a shoot out. This way having a good kicker is important.

or

Just play until someone wins. No reason to have a tie in todays sport.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL needs to change this. I know it only happens every once in awhile but all major sports dont have ties anymore. Recently R. Wilson said after the the Final time in OT there should be 1 Final kick. Who ever wins the coin flip decides if they want to kick for the win from the 35 yard line. That would make it a 52 yard kick.

I am going to take it 1 step further it should be a kick off between the FG kickers just like NHL and Soccer have a shoot out. This way having a good kicker is important.

or

Huh? So you want to settle the outcome based on a gimmick? It is one thing to have a shootout in the NHL where they play 80 or so games. Quite another to settle a game in this fashion where there are only 16 games in a season. Also no reason to have them play sudden death in multiple quarters when the chance of injury is much greater. No pt in having someone lost for the season simply because some fans don't like ties.

You said it - this happens very rarely and besides why not have a tie every now and then. The fact that the game ended in a tie the other nt was not the problem. The fact that the game was boring and featured some terrible kicking was the bigger issue.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt the NFLPA will allow games to last any longer than they already do.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or

A kick-off? That really would not have worked this past week. Did you not see the total failure of both kickers?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ties are fine with me. They happen so few times and it does get fun when playoff seeding comes into play. In my opinion neither team really deserved to win or lose that game. Both defenses played lights out deserving the win but the offenses were down right terrible and well the kicking I think we all know what that looked like. It just felt like a game that should end in a tie.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt the NFLPA will allow games to last any longer than they already do.

Yep - the Thu games are already a joke given the supposed concern of the NFL for injuries. Doubt that they would advocate something that could (& likely would) raise the number of injuries and specifically concussions.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't see the league extending playing time in those games. And I don't like the idea of a kickoff. That's like letting Tiger and Mickelson go at it in the masters and then their caddies have a "putt-off" to see who really wins. No thanks.

I am fine with the ties, they are rare, they usually end up haunting a team and making must win games down the line.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If an entire extra period of overtime isn't enough to determine a winner, a tie is fine in that case.

The NFL overtime rules are pretty much perfect the way they are, no need to change them anymore.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ties exist as a means of avoiding injury. I am fine with that instead of playing potential multiple overtimes just because.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just play rock, paper, scissors to decide the winner.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ties are pointless. They play to win the game not Tie. Get rid of it. Time to catch up to the other sports.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? So you want to settle the outcome based on a gimmick? It is one thing to have a shootout in the NHL where they play 80 or so games. Quite another to settle a game in this fashion where there are only 16 games in a season. Also no reason to have them play sudden death in multiple quarters when the chance of injury is much greater. No pt in having someone lost for the season simply because some fans don't like ties.

You said it - this happens very rarely and besides why not have a tie every now and then. The fact that the game ended in a tie the other nt was not the problem. The fact that the game was boring and featured some terrible kicking was the bigger issue.
no Wilson said it with a gimmick I just added to it or just keep playing until there is a winner.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - the Thu games are already a joke given the supposed concern of the NFL for injuries. Doubt that they would advocate something that could (& likely would) raise the number of injuries and specifically concussions.
It wouldnt raise injuries. It happens once every 2-3 years. Playing on Thursday's cause more injuries. That was a bad idea by the NFL.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ties are pointless. They play to win the game not Tie. Get rid of it. Time to catch up to the other sports.

Why are they pointless? They still show up on the team's record. Again - the other sports have 80+ games so either using a gimmick or playing extended time is not a big deal unlike the NFL. Numerous responses in this thread have pointed out the injury factor which you choose to ignore.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldnt raise injuries. It happens once every 2-3 years. Playing on Thursday's cause more injuries. That was a bad idea by the NFL.

So if it happens every 2-3 years then why are you so worried about it? If it comes back to bite either the Seahawks or Cards then that is there fault for missing easy FGs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they pointless? They still show up on the team's record. Again - the other sports have 80+ games so either using a gimmick or playing extended time is not a big deal unlike the NFL. Numerous responses in this thread have pointed out the injury factor which you choose to ignore.
Its pointless ask any athlete. U play to win the game and you work hard to win the game. that is why there are no ties in NHL or in important soccer matches or cups. No ties in Golf, no ties in MLB, NBA. Its pointless. Should be a winner in every game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Wilson said it with a gimmick I just added to it or just keep playing until there is a winner.

You added this:

The NFL is already being heavily criticized for stupid rules - they don't need to add even more stupid rules.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it happens every 2-3 years then why are you so worried about it? If it comes back to bite either the Seahawks or Cards then that is there fault for missing easy FGs.
Im not worried. I just think we should get rid of it. Its a hot topic right now in the media. Should NFL have ties. Players dont like it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You added this:

The NFL is already being heavily criticized for stupid rules - they don't need to add even more stupid rules.
At least there would be a winner and no extra injuries this way. Both parties are happy NFL and the players.