• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No More Ties

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pointless ask any athlete. U play to win the game and you work hard to win the game. that is why there are no ties in NHL or in important soccer matches or cups. No ties in Golf, no ties in MLB, NBA. Its pointless. Should be a winner in every game.
Wrong. There was a tie this year in MLB. It happened in September. Pirates v. Cubs game ended in a tie.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. There was a tie this year in MLB. It happened in September. Pirates v. Cubs game ended in a tie.
That was due to weather not because of the game. last one was 2005.

Per MLB.com's Adam Berry, the tie game will not be reflected in the standings for the Cubs and Pirates, and it won't be completed before the regular season ends since it holds no bearing on standings for the playoffs or draft.

meaning they would of continued the game if it needed to be played.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was due to weather not because of the game. last one was 2005.

Per MLB.com's Adam Berry, the tie game will not be reflected in the standings for the Cubs and Pirates, and it won't be completed before the regular season ends since it holds no bearing on standings for the playoffs or draft.

meaning they would of continued the game if it needed to be played.
Doesn't matter, a tie is a tie. It happened. And happened in 2005 too. Sounds like ties happen in MLB about as often as they do in the NFL.

Last edited:

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There wouldn't have been a tie if someone made a damn field goal... Football is a rough sport, especially the NFL. How long do you really want those players to play? As long as they have a way to account for ties within their own divisional standings to determine playoff positions, then the NFL ties are fine.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell no keep going.

I will say (again even though I don't care about baseball) they play the game till it's over. Even if they fire up the next day with a 2nd baseman pitching. They don't fire up a home run derby.

They don't have putting contests to decide the Masters.

But to impose playing to a decision on football is harsh given the physical nature of the game.

And hockey that bastardizes it's finishes in the regular season at least for now anyways, lets them play all night long to decide it in the playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter, a tie is a tie. It happened. And happened in 2005 too. Sounds like ties happen in MLB about as often as they do in the NFL.
yes but it didnt count. Thats all im saying. MLB dont have Ties only on special cases.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say (again even though I don't care about baseball) they play the game till it's over. Even if they fire up the next day with a 2nd baseman pitching. They don't fire up a home run derby.

They don't have putting contests to decide the Masters.

But to impose playing to a decision on football is harsh given the physical nature of the game.

And hockey that bastardizes it's finishes in the regular season at least for now anyways, lets them play all night long to decide it in the playoffs.
Hockey and soccer do it. Again I was just adding to Wilson Idea. I rather be fair and let both teams battle it out then a coin flip and 1 team kicker kicking it.

Overall i would want them to just keep going like they do in the NBA and MLB.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing wrong with how CFB handles OT

just my opinion

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL needs to change this. I know it only happens every once in awhile but all major sports dont have ties anymore. Recently R. Wilson said

I got a better idea there Russel, why don't you score more points....Then you wont have to rely on a "tie"

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my favorite idea that I heard is:

Home team gets ball first ALL the time, back to first score(even FG) wins...

What this does: it makes the end of regulation time more interesting...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to sound like an old fogey, but the worst part about the younger generations is how they complain about needing to fix EVERYHING, even when it's not a problem. In their opinions, if it's not abolutely 100% perfect, then it's broken. I enjoy sports because they're not perfect, and when they are, it's special.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my favorite idea that I heard is:

Home team gets ball first ALL the time, back to first score(even FG) wins...

What this does: it makes the end of regulation time more interesting...

Not a fan of home team gets the ball every time. I honestly really do like the rules right now. Gives both teams more of a chance to win the game and really puts pressure on the first team to try and actually score a touchdown instead of just march into field goal range and then kick it. Too easy with today's NFL rules.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of home team gets the ball every time. I honestly really do like the rules right now. Gives both teams more of a chance to win the game and really puts pressure on the first team to try and actually score a touchdown instead of just march into field goal range and then kick it. Too easy with today's NFL rules.

I like the way it is now too... not asking for a change... Just stating my favorite idea I heard...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to sound like an old fogey, but the worst part about the younger generations is how they complain about needing to fix EVERYHING, even when it's not a problem. In their opinions, if it's not abolutely 100% perfect, then it's broken. I enjoy sports because they're not perfect, and when they are, it's special.

Well, there is truth to that though... If everything evolves, then why cant rules evolve too... Problem they face is creating the wrong rules that instead of making the game better it makes it worse, the NFL has gotten some rule changes wrong....

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with ties. if you just go for win/loss. Some games might go for over a day.

As for shootouts: I find it like Sex. It may seem exciting but in the end. Someone get's fucked and it is usually the viewers