• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No IR for A.J. Green this week?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, didn't know they were the only ones with an IR spot.

Probably will just do an extra bench spot next season instead.
The others all have IR spots available, its just that the players actually have to be on IR, not just out

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Yahoo isn't going to do anything. Didn't think they would. It's still stupid his designation for week 10 counts against him in week 9. I think for players going into byes, their injury designation should stay the same as it was the previous week, at least in terms of this roster spot but whatever. Like most of you have stated, thay roster spot doesn't make much sense in the first place.

Here's what yahoo has to say:

"Thank you for choosing Yahoo Sports. This is Ryan from Buffalo. I would be more than happy to help you out today. I understand that you have some questions regarding Aj Green's injury designation.

Unfortunately, for a player to be ruled as "Out" they must be ruled out by their own respective teams and listed in that team's injury report. Since AJ Green is not listed on an injury report as "Out" he will not receive the injury designation of out for week 9.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out for further assistance. Enjoy the rest of your day, and thank you again for choosing Yahoo Sports!"

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IR spots should be only used when a player goes on IR, imo. I know some leagues allow you to put players who are out on IR, but I'm not a fan of that.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I have my draft on Yahoo I transfer everyone's roster and I run the league on FleaFlicker. It's pretty kick ass IMO. You can customize the system EXACTLY how you want it by specific positions (PPR for WR/TE only, 1 point for RB for 1st downs, etc.). You can even give a kicker 6 points for a 60-yard FG. Yahoo, ESPN, et al. don't offer that. When it comes to IR you can customize it to allow any player to be put on IR or you can specify it to OUT, suspended, or both. There's also a TAXI squad. You can make it rookies only or anybody on the TAXI squad and customize the max number of players. Yahoo and ESPN are the most popular fantasy websites, but they're not the best. I don't know why they don't allow for a more customizable system.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IR spots should be only used when a player goes on IR, imo. I know some leagues allow you to put players who are out on IR, but I'm not a fan of that.
Agree in principal but I think it depends on how many bench spots you have. .... short bench I think it's justified.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I have my draft on Yahoo I transfer everyone's roster and I run the league on FleaFlicker. It's pretty kick ass IMO. You can customize the system EXACTLY how you want it by specific positions (PPR for WR/TE only, 1 point for RB for 1st downs, etc.). You can even give a kicker 6 points for a 60-yard FG. Yahoo, ESPN, et al. don't offer that. When it comes to IR you can customize it to allow any player to be put on IR or you can specify it to OUT, suspended, or both. There's also a TAXI squad. You can make it rookies only or anybody on the TAXI squad and customize the max number of players. Yahoo and ESPN are the most popular fantasy websites, but they're not the best. I don't know why they don't allow for a more customizable system.
I would imagine they don't due to the sheer volume of users they get, its gotta consume resources to offer the type of stuff.

Question..why not just have the draft on flicker on not bother with yahoo at all?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me IR is IR

If the NFL team places a player on IR then so can the fantasy owner

If not on IR in The NFL then not eligible for IR in Fantasy

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine they don't due to the sheer volume of users they get, its gotta consume resources to offer the type of stuff.

Question..why not just have the draft on flicker on not bother with yahoo at all?
I like Yahoo's set up for drafting. I've done a lot of drafts on Yahoo and I'm pretty used to it. I guess I could get used to FleaFlicker eventually, but for now it's Yahoo for drafting.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does FleaFlicker cost?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... I will have to check it out.