• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No IR for A.J. Green this week?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I've been rostering him on IR this whole season but now they just changed his status from Out to questionable. Due to IR rules, you have to remove him from that spot if want to make waiver claims and his status is not out.

This has been fine the last few weeks as usually by Thursday or Friday, he is declared out and then I can make waiver claims. This week it won't work out that way, since the status is really for week 10 because he is on bye this week.

Anyway, this seems like an issue with the IR spot rules IMO. Agree or disgree? I've emailed yahoo but I doubt anything will be done. Still seems like condition that should be accounted for in fantasy rules as it doesn't matter in the real game. Can the commish change player status in yahoo?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also did yahoo get rid of their fantasy forum? Everytime I click on them, it takes me to support. Are they gone or am I getting old and forgetting how to use computers.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yahoo just sucks he was never put on IR:suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also did yahoo get rid of their fantasy forum? Everytime I click on them, it takes me to support. Are they gone or am I getting old and forgetting how to use computers.

Yahoo had a Fantasy Forum?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just consider yourself lucky that you were able to put him in IR for the 1st half of the season, since he wasn't ever actually on IR in real life.

I did the same in a couple leagues, since you're only manipulating the same rules everyone else can, I don't consider it to be dirty pool

but yes, prob going to have to carry him on your bench like a regular bye week player/injured played you're stashing this week

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yahoo just sucks he was never put on IR:suds:

Well, sure but that's really how fantasy IR works. It's supposed to give you an extra bench spot if you have a player that is out, inactive, or on IR.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just consider yourself lucky that you were able to put him in IR for the 1st half of the season, since he wasn't ever actually on IR in real life.

I did the same in a couple leagues, since you're only manipulating the same rules everyone else can, I don't consider it to be dirty pool

but yes, prob going to have to carry him on your bench like a regular bye week player/injured played you're stashing this week

So you don't think it's a chink in the armor of what the IR position is supposed to be?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think it's a chink in the armor of what the IR position is supposed to be?

personally I don't utilize IR spot in redraft if I get a say on the settings
only like IR for keeper/dynasty formats

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably did.

Too many pro-America commentators.

Yahoo, and the larger corporate media, are scared to let the majority actually look like such a huge majority so they removed many places of discussion where this was occurring.

You can blame the kneelers for bringing politics into your fantasy football.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I've been rostering him on IR this whole season but now they just changed his status from Out to questionable. Due to IR rules, you have to remove him from that spot if want to make waiver claims and his status is not out.

This has been fine the last few weeks as usually by Thursday or Friday, he is declared out and then I can make waiver claims. This week it won't work out that way, since the status is really for week 10 because he is on bye this week.

Anyway, this seems like an issue with the IR spot rules IMO. Agree or disgree? I've emailed yahoo but I doubt anything will be done. Still seems like condition that should be accounted for in fantasy rules as it doesn't matter in the real game. Can the commish change player status in yahoo?
It is an issue with IR rules. Its exhibit A as to why a player shouldn't be eligible for IR if they are not in favt on the real IR. Possibly one of the stupidest, laziest, most bush league roster rules I've ever seen. If a guy isnt on IR, he shouldn't be on fantasy IR, period. That avoids this whole thing

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, sure but that's really how fantasy IR works. It's supposed to give you an extra bench spot if you have a player that is out, inactive, or on IR.
only on yahoo cant do it on espn/cbs or fantrax:suds:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only on yahoo cant do it on espn/cbs or fantrax:suds:

Oh, didn't know they were the only ones with an IR spot.

Probably will just do an extra bench spot next season instead.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an issue with IR rules. Its exhibit A as to why a player shouldn't be eligible for IR if they are not in favt on the real IR. Possibly one of the stupidest, laziest, most bush league roster rules I've ever seen. If a guy isnt on IR, he shouldn't be on fantasy IR, period. That avoids this whole thing

Makes sense.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, didn't know they were the only ones with an IR spot.

Probably will just do an extra bench spot next season instead.
no they have IR spots but cant put him there cause hes never been on it
I just checked my 2 yahoo leagues and u cant do it there either so its your commish who allows this:suds:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably did.

Too many pro-America commentators.

Yahoo, and the larger corporate media, are scared to let the majority actually look like such a huge majority so they removed many places of discussion where this was occurring.

You can blame the kneelers for bringing politics into your fantasy football.

must be a new batch of super strong crack rolling through philly, cause you're nucking futs!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Yahoo works since in FL you can't do any pay leagues due to gambling rules. .... pretty stupid IMO.
Aside from that, the way ESPN does it is pretty annoying. A guy can be declared out by the team for, let's say 3-4 weeks, yet every week following the games they revert to 'Q' so not eligible for IR spot. Then by FRI or SAT or SUN (once officially declared out for the next game) they are eligible again. It can be a real pain for sure. .... since it basically prevents you from making any roster moves without dropping someone in the meantime.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
must be a new batch of super strong crack rolling through philly, cause you're nucking futs!
Apparently, the Rams took your brain and your football team to California.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Rams took your brain and your football team to California.

re-read what you posted - Yahoo took down their message board because "too many Pro-American commentators" and then you follow it up with some Jesse Ventura/Dan Akroyd esque nonsense about corporate media being too scared to let the majority look like a huge majority........conspiracy theory much over there?

maybe your brain could use a little relaxation time in california, it is apparently set to Ludicrous Speed and the brakes don't work

source.gif