• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No doubt in my mind 49ers would have won super bowl

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And should have if not for a few mistakes

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes

Let it pass knowing the niners, IMO, beat down the eventual champs not once but twice.

Considering the success in his inaugural season.. Harbaugh, year 2 should be pretty damn exciting

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys had a great season,no need to cry now

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well there has been heart breaking losses in the past and i've been fine. but losing to the refs just basically pee'd on the whole season for me. umi offsides all day, justin smith getting held on the collar all day, picking up the fumble flag and ruling forward progress was stopped. the saints game was bad enough with the refs changing a play when it didn't work out for the saints and giving them a timeout.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt gray ghost.

Watching the team we let slip away holding up the Lombardi is like someone peeling of the bandage one last time, though.

There were better niner teams than the 81, 84, 88, 89, and 94 that didn't make it to the big show anyway (well maybe not the 89 and 94 teams.. Those teams were stacked)

Once the draft comes around most of the grumbling will be gone.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
::::sigh::::

It was tough watching the Super Bowl. The Patriots were exactly who I thought they were. This would've been our number 6

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i agree.

earlier, will admit i was thinking the same thing......geez.....the 49ers would've played the same if not better than NY?

but ok, now is now so no tears.

this gives us hope that we're not far off, we raise that offense a notch and we're right back in it. not going to expect 13-3 and a bye, but we'd be a play-off team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
::::sigh::::

It was tough watching the Super Bowl. The Patriots were exactly who I thought they were. This would've been our number 6

thought New England would score a little more than that.

the trend is still to the pass in football, but apparently not quite all the way over? cause again, defenses stepped up in the play-offs (for the most part). certainly defenses stepped up in this superbowl. this goes for New England's D too.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I thought going into the Giants game that winning the SB was realistic. I also thought losing in either NFCC or SB was a realistic chance. I know that sounds like a copout but I wouldn't have said that last year (if we beat the Rams to get in) and I wouldn't say that about the Broncos or Falcons. I hoped, but knew it wasn't a gimmie. Now only if I had said we wouldn't win before the game, I could be happy either way. Damn, I knew pessimism was a win-win! Plus, I could have been objective and realistic!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I thought going into the Giants game that winning the SB was realistic. I also thought losing in either NFCC or SB was a realistic chance. I know that sounds like a copout but I wouldn't have said that last year (if we beat the Rams to get in) and I wouldn't say that about the Broncos or Falcons. I hoped, but knew it wasn't a gimmie. Now only if I had said we wouldn't win before the game, I could be happy either way. Damn, I knew pessimism was a win-win! Plus, I could have been objective and realistic!

yup it's your fault kyle had multiple brain farts. all on u...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rob Gronkowski were healthy, the Pats are real scary on offense, but today they looked very average. I thought Brady played great. He just didn't have the receivers to throw the ball to. The Niners would have likely beaten the Pats today.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I guess one thing I take from these playoffs and super bowl is that any given year anyone can win it. It gives me hope that we're not that far off.

We do have one hell of a schedule next year. But then again, so did the Giants this year and they took their lumps for sure..and came out of it a better team.

And to think they were one loss away from not even making the playoffs. Or two Kyle Williams fumbles away from not making the super bowl. Damn that son of a.......my apologies, I regress.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would've beaten these pats.... after that performance?

Makes this SuperBowl(sub par IMO) even more difficult to swallow.....

fucking kyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants did exactly what the Niners would have done. Play suffocating defense, run the ball, win time of possession, commit no turnovers, and play well on special teams. The big difference is that the Giants have Eli and he has three wide receivers who can make plays. The Niners on the other hand have only Davis and Gore. The Manningham catch in the 4th quarter was tremendous. There is no way that Crabtree makes that catch or Alex Smith even attempts that throw. We can all blame Kyle about the loss, but converting only ONE third down was pathetic and only ONE catch by a WR.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I was saying that all along. The Patriots did not scare me at all whatsoever!

PS - Fv<k Kyle Williams!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This was a tough one, as I also think the Niners would have won it.

Not going to dwell on it, but I will say that if there hadn't been 12 men on the field for that first half fumble, and they had ruled it as such, I would have completely lost my shit. That play was virtually identical to the "forward progress" call in the Niners-Giants game, where a defender ripped the ball out as the ballcarrier was falling backward.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we would have which makes the bad feeling I have even worse now. I woke up angry today. That should have been us celebrating.