• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

no clowney'ing around

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the injury situation will blow out of proportion and he'll be there when we draft at 32?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hahaha. Not sure which part of this is most delusional...

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's number 1 or 2. There's no getting around it. This reminds me a lot of how some people thought we had a chance at Suh a few years back.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just something that came to my mind when the Giants lost to the Eagles... With the way the season is going, it's not inconceivable that the Giants or the Steelers could land Clowney in the draft...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he pulls a Derek rose and skips the whole season there it little chance he falls out of the top 5.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'd want him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Don't be a fool. Best defensive talent to come out of the draft since Julius Peppers.

Bullshit! He made his name off of one big hit. He plays out of control a lot and sulks and pouts when he doesn't get to move around freely to find the easist path to the quarterback.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would the Giants really waste a pick on a position that they already have talant at. Im no sure. If I were the giants I would trade out and get alot back in return.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
would the Giants really waste a pick on a position that they already have talant at. Im no sure. If I were the giants I would trade out and get alot back in return.

Justin Tuck is already 30 yrs old and who knows how long he will be effective. having Clowney sit behind Tuck and then get paired as bookends with JPP is a scary thought

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bullshit! He made his name off of one big hit. He plays out of control a lot and sulks and pouts when he doesn't get to move around freely to find the easist path to the quarterback.

Clowney was a famous prospect when he was still in high school.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players regress from that point sometimes. Many physical specimens fail to make it; see Taylor Mays, a can't miss 1st round pick when he was a freshman at USC. Through ego and lack of hard work or discipline he is nearly out of the league now. It would not surprise me from what I've heard that the same fate could befall Clowney. He has not been anything near the force he was last year.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned with his motor. If I were to select him #1 overall, I'd expect to see him give great effort on every single snap he plays (like Justin Smith and J.J. Watt). This season he seems to be in cruise control. It is probably nothing though...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players regress from that point sometimes. Many physical specimens fail to make it; see Taylor Mays, a can't miss 1st round pick when he was a freshman at USC. Through ego and lack of hard work or discipline he is nearly out of the league now. It would not surprise me from what I've heard that the same fate could befall Clowney. He has not been anything near the force he was last year.

You don't watch college football, so obviously you'd think he got famous from that one hit they showed on SC. He was famous in high school. He would've been drafted in the first round straight out of high school and has been even called the LeBron James of football.

And he certainly hasn't regressed. Last season he had 13 sacks and 23.5 TFLs. He's dogging this year because he saw how Marcus Lattimore's injury last year took him out of the first round talk and into the late rounds.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't watch college football, so obviously you'd think he got famous from that one hit they showed on SC. He was famous in high school. He would've been drafted in the first round straight out of high school and has been even called the LeBron James of football.

And he certainly hasn't regressed. Last season he had 13 sacks and 23.5 TFLs. He's dogging this year because he saw how Marcus Lattimore's injury last year took him out of the first round talk and into the late rounds.

I've heard that lame excuse and it speaks to both his laziness and his selfishness. As for being the #1 pick in the draft as an 18 year old; LOL! Not a chance.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm concerned with his motor. If I were to select him #1 overall, I'd expect to see him give great effort on every single snap he plays (like Justin Smith and J.J. Watt). This season he seems to be in cruise control. It is probably nothing though...

hasn't he been injured the whole year?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that lame excuse and it speaks to both his laziness and his selfishness. As for being the #1 pick in the draft as an 18 year old; LOL! Not a chance.

I said first round pick, not the first overall pick, fucktard. Reading comprehension isn't optional.

And you can't speak to his laziness unless you know him on a personal level. He's thinking money first. He's 6 months away from getting a 40mil contract, why would he risk that playing for free at SC?

His saw his very own teammate Marcus Lattimore drop from a top-10/15 selection all the way to the 4th round and losing millions in the process b/c of an injury. That's gotta be in the back of his mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So was Matt Barkley and Todd Marinovich. Also how often does the #1 NFL Prospect at the beginning of a college season actually go #1 come draft time?

The NBA use to be full of guys that were High School stars and couldn't play at a pro level.