• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No 1st Rounders NFL Draft : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I like Otto but I found Center to be the deepest position available in the draft...:scratch:

Maybe too soon... But i wanted the best center in the draft(if he is not the best then i messed up)... I am one that believes that receivers are the deepest... especially if a team has a good offensive line and gives the QB time to throw... But i lose these all the time because i look at it more about making a team and how they would play together, others here look at which team has the better players...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe too soon... But i wanted the best center in the draft(if he is not the best then i messed up)... I am one that believes that receivers are the deepest... especially if a team has a good offensive line and gives the QB time to throw... But i lose these all the time because i look at it more about making a team and how they would play together, others here look at which team has the better players...

Your up to build that line

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep losing too and for the same reason... As for the "best" it is subjective, but Otto is considered "one of the best"... However the one many consider "the best" is still available and I found 8 guys who are considered "one of the best"... Again I do like him and he is a beast, but that was just the position I felt to be the deepest... Example, the guy I have as the last pick on my list of Centers if all else fails has 6probowls and 2allpro 1st team... That's pretty good to be the last guy on my list... Not trying to bash the pick, you can't really Bash 12probowls 10allpros so again I love the pick but it is a little early... Or is it...? :eyebrows:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep losing too and for the same reason... As for the "best" it is subjective, but Otto is considered "one of the best"... However the one many consider "the best" is still available and I found 8 guys who are considered "one of the best"... Again I do like him and he is a beast, but that was just the position I felt to be the deepest... Example, the guy I have as the last pick on my list of Centers if all else fails has 6probowls and 2allpro 1st team... That's pretty good to be the last guy on my list... Not trying to bash the pick, you can't really Bash 12probowls 10allpros so again I love the pick but it is a little early... Or is it...? :eyebrows:

i guess, next draft i shouldn't go so heavy at a position we only start one player... a position we start only one player, the 8th best available might not be that big...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess, next draft i shouldn't go so heavy at a position we only start one player... a position we start only one player, the 8th best available might not be that big...

Again I haven't won in nfl so I shouldn't be talking, but what I've seen is that having a quality Oline is a must, having a dominant Oline seems unnecessary if your other spots have holes which as an ex-olineman defies all I believe to be true... However if your offensive line has a solid unit, having "the best" at a spot is more luxury than necessity... Take MLB, you only start 8 of them (more for the 3/4 defense but you get what I mean), not very many of them start and even less are dominant... I have 2 above all 1) Lambert 2) Singletary... You could add Nitschke to that, but I think it's top 2 maybe 3, then anybody else will fit... So Is Lambert more important than Otto, I would say yes in Mock world because he's the heart of the defense... The MLB has tangible responsibilities where as the Oline is basically viewed as a help or no help for the true weapons... It's the same with the Dline... However in my experience, the Oline and Dline are the difference in winning and losing...:noidea:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I haven't won in nfl so I shouldn't be talking, but what I've seen is that having a quality Oline is a must, having a dominant Oline seems unnecessary if your other spots have holes which as an ex-olineman defies all I believe to be true... However if your offensive line has a solid unit, having "the best" at a spot is more luxury than necessity... Take MLB, you only start 8 of them (more for the 3/4 defense but you get what I mean), not very many of them start and even less are dominant... I have 2 above all 1) Lambert 2) Singletary... You could add Nitschke to that, but I think it's top 2 maybe 3, then anybody else will fit... So Is Lambert more important than Otto, I would say yes in Mock world because he's the heart of the defense... The MLB has tangible responsibilities where as the Oline is basically viewed as a help or no help for the true weapons... It's the same with the Dline... However in my experience, the Oline and Dline are the difference in winning and losing...:noidea:

the problem is that being successful in these mocks is dependent on 8 guys with clashing opinions... I could make the best team ever, that could be regarded as the best possible team, but if these voters don't like it i lose... you really have to choose whether you want to build a team for yourself, or one that would win these mocks... I am still in the building teams for myself mode... maybe if i keep on losing i may change... But just because a team wins these mocks doesn't mean it is the best team...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also for clarification... We are drafting 2 RBs not a RB and FB, or is it our choice...?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas, sorry I've been away, loving the Wolves draft... Aside from the Kevin Garnett pick this might be my favorite draft the Wolves have ever had. Towns and Jones, winner winner!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem is that being successful in these mocks is dependent on 8 guys with clashing opinions... I could make the best team ever, that could be regarded as the best possible team, but if these voters don't like it i lose... you really have to choose whether you want to build a team for yourself, or one that would win these mocks... I am still in the building teams for myself mode... maybe if i keep on losing i may change... But just because a team wins these mocks doesn't mean it is the best team...

Completely agree... Your point is not lost on me at all! I can't tell you how much we agree, however, I am trying to move to a point where it is still my team, with the understanding of how things are viewed by the group... You'll always see a team where my Oline and defense are the strength of my team... I am taking in to consideration the groups opinion but I have to go with my beliefs first which is why I'm still without a win...:heh:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos is OTC and has been texted

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borrrriiinnngggggggggg

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here and no I dont mind you skipped me...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND 3
3.1.17 : WLK : Mike Singletary - ILB
3.2.18 : 500 : Ray Nitschke - ILB
3.3.19 : UK : Larry Allen - OG
3.4.20 : Milk : Forrest Gregg - RT
3.5.21 : Ritz : Ken Houston - SS
3.6.22 : Jeffro : Thurman Thomas - RB
3.7.23 : Gold : Terrell Owens - WR
3.8.24 : Nos : Dick Butkus - ILB
ROUND 4
4.1.25 : Nos : Will Shields - RG
4.2.26 : Gold : Richard Sherman - CB
4.3.27 : Jeffro : Steve Smith - WR
4.4.28 : Ritz : Lem Barney - LCB
4.5.29 : Milk : @MilkSpiller22
4.6.30 : UK :
4.7.31 : 500 :
4.8.32 : WLK :

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a ruling here... I just drafted Lance Alworth, he was taken in the first round in the NFL draft, but 2nd round in the AFL draft by Oakland...

Oakland sold his rights to SDG... so that was the 2nd round pick that actually got him