• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS: Atlanta Braves vs St. Louis Cardinals

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betting against your own team in the first round is bad, though.

You might have to tell your kids that you lost your house when your team won the World Series.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I don’t watch a lot of Cardinals but when I do it always seems like Molina comes through in those spots.

I’d rather pitch to the guy who I’m assuming got benched this year because he sucks over the guy who is going to the HOF.... but that’s just me.

The Braves met & the mound & you know they decided to pitch to Molina to go after the double play. Molina was just clutch & got a ball in the outfield.....unlike something that Overrated Freddie has been unable to do multiple times in this series.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Just got an email urging me to go ahead & order Braves World Series tickets. Should have replied & asked if they had a Delorean.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Braves met & the mound & you know they decided to pitch to Molina to go after the double play. Molina was just clutch & got a ball in the outfield.....unlike something that Overrated Freddie has been unable to do multiple times in this series.

Overrated???

upload_2019-10-8_11-43-46.png

This guy's a stud and just because he is struggling now, you and a few other Braves fans are all over his case.

da fuq's the matter with you guys?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rod, I’m talking about 8th inning, 2 outs, up by 1. The move ther was to IBB Yadi and pitch to Carpenter. If Carpenter beats you then you just tip the cap.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated???

View attachment 219084

This guy's a stud and just because he is struggling now, you and a few other Braves fans are all over his case.

da fuq's the matter with you guys?

Dude is fantastic when playing the Marlins, Rockies, Reds, etc., but when it matters most, he's no better than Bruce Benedict.

Rod, I’m talking about 8th inning, 2 outs, up by 1. The move ther was to IBB Yadi and pitch to Carpenter. If Carpenter beats you then you just tip the cap.

I can't concur there. Braves led 4-3 at the time & the Cardinals had the tying run in scoring position with 2 outs. I'm not putting the go ahead run on there in the bottom of the 8th. Pitcher needs to get Molina out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is fantastic when playing the Marlins, Rockies, Reds, etc., but when it matters most, he's no better than Bruce Benedict.

I can't concur there. Braves led 4-3 at the time & the Cardinals had the tying run in scoring position with 2 outs. I'm not putting the go ahead run on there in the bottom of the 8th. Pitcher needs to get Molina out.
I think in general there was a good argument for pitching to anyone not named Ozuna or Goldschmidt. Intentionally walking people to speed your way through the Cardinals dead bats seemed like a bad idea. Molina was like 2 for 16 in the series at that point. Thats very favorable if you're the pitcher.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro it’s gonna happen. I’m gonna watch and hope Wednesday but we all know how this ends
Yeah I don't have a great feeling about this series after what we watched yesterday. Freddie is still clearly hurt, JD is in a slump and so is Markakis. Our bench depth is sitting at home thanks to injuries and the only 2 SP I trust to not fuck it up are Folty and Soroka...and Folty is a head case anyway.

However, Snit will have to pull out all the stops tomorrow. Fried will have had 2 days rest and he needs to be used if Folty struggles. Don't fucking pitch to Ozone or Goldschmit....make someone else beat you.

And pray that this line up wakes up and looks like the offense we saw the rest of the season

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I know it would have been putting the go ahead run on but Molina isn’t fast so it would take probably 2 hits to score him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure that Cardinals manager Shildt is doing a King of the Hill routine right now. Every time someone slacks off he threatens to bring in Carlos Martinez and they get back to work.

C Mart is now Bobby 'the Stick' Hill.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeJong and Fowler are the 4th and 5th best hitters on the team and they're currently 3-31 with 10 Strikeouts and 0 Extra Base Hits.

Shildt has to change that lineup somehow. DeJong probably has to stay in but I'm not sure I see the reason for Fowler.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeJong and Fowler are the 4th and 5th best hitters on the team and they're currently 3-31 with 10 Strikeouts and 0 Extra Base Hits.

Shildt has to change that lineup somehow. DeJong probably has to stay in but I'm not sure I see the reason for Fowler.

I'm not gonna hear that crap. I'll see your DeJong & Fowler hitting bad & raise you Freddie Freeman & Brian McCann.