• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS: Atlanta Braves vs St. Louis Cardinals

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teheran gets a pass. He has never been a reliever before. Freeman you were 100% right about. Unless he comes thru Wednesday I will be right there with you next season doubting him.

Oh, he can drive in the hell out of some runs if you’re playing the Pirates/Padres/Marlins/etc. in May, but let it be a truly meaningful at bat.....he’s a mendoza line hitter.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walk Molina.
So I was listening to the 10th inning on Cardinals radio in my car and Mike Shannon is one of the announcers. The guy is like Abraham Simpson sometimes and wasn't paying attention to the Ozuna force out and the other announcer corrected him. Shannon then without missing a beat was like 'Molina is coming up to bat. Why are they even pitching to him? This out means nothing to them. I'd totally walk him if I was the Braves. Oh well. Here is the pitch. Yadi hits it long and it should be deep enough to win...

So its kinda funny that the final call for the game was him calling out the Braves coach.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was listening to the 10th inning on Cardinals radio in my car and Mike Shannon is one of the announcers. The guy is like Abraham Simpson sometimes and wasn't paying attention to the Ozuna force out and the other announcer corrected him. Shannon then without missing a beat was like 'Molina is coming up to bat. Why are they even pitching to him? This out means nothing to them. I'd totally walk him if I was the Braves. Oh well. Here is the pitch. Yadi hits it long and it should be deep enough to win...

So its kinda funny that the final call for the game was him calling out the Braves coach.
The 10th was bad but why we didn’t walk him in the 8th with 2 outs I will never know. I guarantee we would have gotten Carpenter our right there. I knew Molina was gonna come thru

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is damn good theater

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the best division series since Rangers/BlueJays a few years ago

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna spiral into a state of depression if the Braves shit the bed & lose this series. Pound for pound the Braves are a noticeably better team this year than the Cardinals. On paper the series should have already been over. Braves just doing Braves things.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna spiral into a state of depression if the Braves shit the bed & lose this series. Pound for pound the Braves are a noticeably better team this year than the Cardinals. On paper the series should have already been over. Braves just doing Braves things.
Bro it’s gonna happen. I’m gonna watch and hope Wednesday but we all know how this ends

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro it’s gonna happen. I’m gonna watch and hope Wednesday but we all know how this ends

I have thought since late spring that this team was different & would accomplish more than just winning a division.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have thought since late spring that this team was different & would accomplish more than just winning a division.
I did too. But unfortunately Our 2 wise veterans(Markakis and McCann) and our “superstar” First Baseman ended up being huge Pussies

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, I'm betting heavily on Atlanta...heh heh heh!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 10th was bad but why we didn’t walk him in the 8th with 2 outs I will never know. I guarantee we would have gotten Carpenter our right there. I knew Molina was gonna come thru
Probably. I'm not sure there had been a huge difference between Molina and Carpenter at that point. Both had been struggling with the bat. Molina getting that low velocity hit over the first baseman is just something you have to sorta shrug off because that type of stuff is going to happen.

The Braves had really good chances against Miller and Martinez and thats really where the Cardinals won the game imo. Miller was really shaky going into the series but he has done well. Martinez is lucky to not be tar and feathered at this point but was able to limit the Braves.

This series is kinda crazy. I feel like the Cardinals were really close to getting swept but with a good closer could've already won the series. Cards have a lead-off issue like they've had all season but its getting compounded with really bad defense. The Braves, on the other hand, seem to have an almost total no show from Freeman which is not at all something expected.

Somehow we're left with a Game 5 that has the Braves hottest pitcher (and the Cardinals inable to hit sliders) and the Cardinals best pitcher. Crazy.

I know some people betting on this series and I think they've already gone mad.

Also, I'm betting heavily on Atlanta...heh heh heh!
I swear I didn't see this when I posted but....if the shoe fits..

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a great series. I think the Braves will win it in Atlanta, but it could go either way.
The winner might end up with a bonus later if the Nats can beat the Dodgers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy and Ozuna were both hitting well below their career average coming into the playoffs. You even had some Cardinals fans actually slamming the Goldschmidt trade. Now, those two are carrying the team.

I've ripped into Mozeliak a bunch but he actually didn't do too bad this year.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. I'm not sure there had been a huge difference between Molina and Carpenter at that point. Both had been struggling with the bat. Molina getting that low velocity hit over the first baseman is just something you have to sorta shrug off because that type of stuff is going to happen.

The Braves had really good chances against Miller and Martinez and thats really where the Cardinals won the game imo. Miller was really shaky going into the series but he has done well. Martinez is lucky to not be tar and feathered at this point but was able to limit the Braves.

This series is kinda crazy. I feel like the Cardinals were really close to getting swept but with a good closer could've already won the series. Cards have a lead-off issue like they've had all season but its getting compounded with really bad defense. The Braves, on the other hand, seem to have an almost total no show from Freeman which is not at all something expected.

Somehow we're left with a Game 5 that has the Braves hottest pitcher (and the Cardinals inable to hit sliders) and the Cardinals best pitcher. Crazy.

I know some people betting on this series and I think they've already gone mad.

I swear I didn't see this when I posted but....if the shoe fits..
Obviously I don’t watch a lot of Cardinals but when I do it always seems like Molina comes through in those spots.

I’d rather pitch to the guy who I’m assuming got benched this year because he sucks over the guy who is going to the HOF.... but that’s just me.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I don’t watch a lot of Cardinals but when I do it always seems like Molina comes through in those spots.

I’d rather pitch to the guy who I’m assuming got benched this year because he sucks over the guy who is going to the HOF.... but that’s just me.

Y'all need to throw at Molina's head...you can't miss it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, although to Carpenter's credit he did come through in Game 1 with one of the more important hits in the series.