• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL West

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I reading this right, two guys with no MLB experience and one guy who hit .118 in 17 ABs last year? No wonder I've never heard of them. If I was the Padres GM I'd have done this deal in a heartbeat. Proven power hitters who have done it in the Majors for "maybes"? Very good deal for Pads.

No wonder here. Your baseball ignorance has been on display since the Disney days. Now, please, educate us about race relations again.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Atlanta.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Philly.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Texas.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Cincinnati.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat St. Louis.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Detroit.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Washington.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat St. Louis.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat KC.

Anything else you want to listen to them about?
Good point. But I for one, when they got into the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh, was very confident that they would win. I can be a Negative Nellie during the season but the Giants have shown that you don't have to be the best team in the tournament in order to win, just be hot and have things go your way.

But you'll have to forgive me if I take professional analysis of a trade over yours.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, *plunk*. Added to the ignore list. Just the 2nd ever. Will never have to read his stupid crap again.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. But I for one, when they got into the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh, was very confident that they would win. I can be a Negative Nellie during the season but the Giants have shown that you don't have to be the best team in the tournament in order to win, just be hot and have things go your way.

But you'll have to forgive me if I take professional analysis of a trade over yours.

You mean like the extra inning loss to the Reds in August 2010? They were "done" remember? "No team comes back from that."

Such a buffoon you are. And so pathetic that you have to change screen names simply to get attention.

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ha! No one, and I mean no one, who is analyzing this trade on MLB TV or ESPN; not one of those pundits, agrees with you; at least that I've heard. Guys like Upton don't grow on trees.

He has a ton of talent, but hasn't exactly lived up to the hype either. He is a solid player, but he wasn't going to resign with the Braves. The package they got was much better than the compensation pick they would have gotten for letting him walk.

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Am I reading this right, two guys with no MLB experience and one guy who hit .118 in 17 ABs last year? No wonder I've never heard of them. If I was the Padres GM I'd have done this deal in a heartbeat. Proven power hitters who have done it in the Majors for "maybes"? Very good deal for Pads.

The same goes for the Padres. They gave up a lot more than they will get for the comp pick they will get when Upton signs elsewhere.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same goes for the Padres. They gave up a lot more than they will get for the comp pick they will get when Upton signs elsewhere.

Why would he sign elsewhere? Sounds like the Padres are willing to spend now and you won't find a nicer city to live in or a more player-friendly crowd in all of MLB.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he sign elsewhere? Sounds like the Padres are willing to spend now and you won't find a nicer city to live in or a more player-friendly crowd in all of MLB.

???

Every Padre home game is a Padre road game. Sure, that MAY change if they start to win, but as it is now, the crowd is NOT a selling point.

As for him resigning, if he has a big year, it will be REAL tough for the Pads to afford him. They appear to be turning around their spending habits, but resigning a good Upton will certainly test that. If he does not have a good year, he will leave for a mire hitter-friendly ball-park to rebuild his image.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Every Padre home game is a Padre road game. Sure, that MAY change if they start to win, but as it is now, the crowd is NOT a selling point.

As for him resigning, if he has a big year, it will be REAL tough for the Pads to afford him. They appear to be turning around their spending habits, but resigning a good Upton will certainly test that. If he does not have a good year, he will leave for a mire hitter-friendly ball-park to rebuild his image.

Agreed, but the fans are so nice and you never hear them booing the home team or the opposition. The park is in a great location too. Been thereseveral times.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN (for what that is worth) the Padres are now after Hamels .... if this is true .... they are quickly building a contender .... this could make the West a VERY TOUGH division

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN (for what that is worth) the Padres are now after Hamels .... if this is true .... they are quickly building a contender .... this could make the West a VERY TOUGH division

The current Giants roster (maybe more improvements coming but not sure how many impactful ones there are...) probably can't win the division even from the Dodgers. SD is probably close but not quite as good as the Giants. This is all on paper of course, injuries will affect things.

We might still contend for a wild card though, if I had to wild ass guess I'd say the division winners in 2015 will be the same as in 2014 (LA, StL, Wash), with the wildcards from among the Giants, Florida, Cubs, and maybe SD (especially if they do get Hamels).

Of course, anyone who tries to predict these things including the 'experts' will get a lot wrong. I'll be rooting hard for the Giants, they will not suck, they will be above .500, they will be in the wild card mix (if they stay healthy).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Padres are, in fact, for real, I think that removes the WC from the West this year. 3 serious teams in the same division makes it tough.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Padres are, in fact, for real, I think that removes the WC from the West this year. 3 serious teams in the same division makes it tough.

This is also a factor, yes. Odd numbered year...