• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL West

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Fried is not a nobody. Dustin and Jace Peterson are not nobody's

Don't feed the troll. Dude hasn't said a correct thing since he started posting under different names years ago.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you even a little upset that the Giants keep squandering excellent options for the circumstances they currently find themselves in? I'm getting pissed as all these opportunities go by the wayside.

At least the rotation is settled now. Its not who I wanted but we can at least quit kidding ourselves that Scherzer or Shields will be signed now that Peavey is back in the fold.

You mean being the reigning World Champions?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I did not even notice Fried and Jace Peterson as part of the deal.

Wow, SD got fleeced. 2 former 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder, all of whom have at least maintained their prospect status since getting drafted.

HUGE haul.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I did not even notice Fried and Jace Peterson as part of the deal.

Wow, SD got fleeced. 2 former 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder, all of whom have at least maintained their prospect status since getting drafted.

HUGE haul.

All for 1 year of Upton.

But SD is clearly making noise this year, so to them it's a deal that makes sense. It's about now vs the future. SD is finally thinking now.

I think other small market teams are looking at the Royals and thinking well heck time to give it a shot...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All for 1 year of Upton.

But SD is clearly making noise this year, so to them it's a deal that makes sense. It's about now vs the future. SD is finally thinking now.

I think other small market teams are looking at the Royals and thinking well heck time to give it a shot...

They also have a new front office and new ownership. They need to make a statement to the fanbase that they are for real. All prior regimes were shit, and the fanbase has no faith.

For the Padres situation, specifically, I like the deals as a whole. But man, they have DECIMATED their farm system.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean being the reigning World Champions?

I gotta give you that but, no, the one where they have no 3rd Baseman or Left fielder and an aging and highly suspect rotation.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All for 1 year of Upton.

Just a reminder that the Padres have appeared in a World Series more recently than the Dogs (1998 vs 1988)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because the team that runs the Giants are known for bullshitting fans and screwing them over and delivering a mediocre product. That's why they can't get any fans to come out. If only the team was committed to winning.

Thanks for the deep insight per usual, we're all pretty convinced you know your stuff.

It does sound like whining after the string of success they've had but Upton was a guy I've long wanted on this team as the right handed power-hitting corner outfielder we've been looking for and the opportunity to get him was there for the taking and it won't come around again.
I know that Upton has said he hates hitting at AT&T but once players get here they seem to like it here and will re-up, you just gotta get 'em here.

Th

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does sound like whining after the string of success they've had but Upton was a guy I've long wanted on this team as the right handed power-hitting corner outfielder we've been looking for and the opportunity to get him was there for the taking and it won't come around again.
I know that Upton has said he hates hitting at AT&T but once players get here they seem to like it here and will re-up, you just gotta get 'em here.
Th

Like Carlos Beltran, perhaps?

If they don't want to play here, listen carefully, this may be hard to understand:

they don't want to play here

Getting Upton seems like a good thing, from a fan's point of view. But of he was reluctant to play here, how would that have worked well? And how would a talented guy who didn't want to be here fit in with our clubhouse and the chemistry we have?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Am I reading this right, two guys with no MLB experience and one guy who hit .118 in 17 ABs last year? No wonder I've never heard of them. If I was the Padres GM I'd have done this deal in a heartbeat. Proven power hitters who have done it in the Majors for "maybes"? Very good deal for Pads.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Th

Literally the most accurate thing you've posted here.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Carlos Beltran, perhaps?

If they don't want to play here, listen carefully, this may be hard to understand:

they don't want to play here

Getting Upton seems like a good thing, from a fan's point of view. But of he was reluctant to play here, how would that have worked well? And how would a talented guy who didn't want to be here fit in with our clubhouse and the chemistry we have?

Maybe that was the thinking. Sounds better than saying the Braves were trying to shove Johnson down our throats in the deal.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I reading this right, two guys with no MLB experience and one guy who hit .118 in 17 ABs last year? No wonder I've never heard of them. If I was the Padres GM I'd have done this deal in a heartbeat. Proven power hitters who have done it in the Majors for "maybes"? Very good deal for Pads.

The Brave RAPED the Padres.

There was a time when Posey did not have any MLB ABs. There was a time when Bum hadn't pitched in the bigs yet.

Fried, Jace Peterson and Mallex look like SERIOUS prospects. And all Atlanta gave up was one year of a good player in a year they were unlikely to compete.

Definite win for Atlanta.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was a time when Posey did not have any MLB ABs. There was a time when Bum hadn't pitched in the bigs yet.

Fried, Jace Peterson and Mallex look like SERIOUS prospects. And all Atlanta gave up was one year of a good player in a year they were unlikely to compete.

It's more like the Braves are thinking future and the Padres are thinking right now. Complimentary needs, that's how trades are supposed to work.

The Giants appear to be thinking 'no need to press, make bad deals to win NOW, count the rings. Give us some more $ in 2016 and see what we do...'

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more like the Braves are thinking future and the Padres are thinking right now. Complimentary needs, that's how trades are supposed to work.

The Giants appear to be thinking 'no need to press, make bad deals to win NOW, count the rings. Give us some more $ in 2016 and see what we do...'

OK, Captain Kirk...

:boink:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha! No one, and I mean no one, who is analyzing this trade on MLB TV or ESPN; not one of those pundits, agrees with you; at least that I've heard. Guys like Upton don't grow on trees.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! No one, and I mean no one, who is analyzing this trade on MLB TV or ESPN; not one of those pundits, agrees with you; at least that I've heard. Guys like Upton don't grow on trees.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Atlanta.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Philly.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Texas.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Cincinnati.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat St. Louis.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Detroit.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat Washington.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat St. Louis.

No one, and I mean no one picked the Giants to beat KC.

Anything else you want to listen to them about?