• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL West Talk

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when people said giving up Aaron Hill was too much for Jean Segura? :dhd:

Only thing I can brag about right now, lol.

WE ARE ASS
Proof that a broken clock can still be right twice a day.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Giants :pound:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if Kershaw wasn't scary enough... changing his arm angles now?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know what time the Giants play tonight?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers have now appeared in the postseason 10 times in a row without even making the World Series (let alone winning it). A record of course. So there's that.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for fans of my division rivals - what do you want from you team this winter?

@HammerDown @calsnowskier @moxie @Arizona_Sting @The Derski @dredinis21 @Bolts

Tagging a few who come to mind, no offense if you weren't included. Just trying to liven up the thread.

LOL are there any Rockies fans on this board?
Unrealistic wants for the Padres: Sell the farm for Trout and Sale.
Realistic wants for the Padres:
1. Bring in lower level SP's through FA or trade, guys who can eat innings. Padres have some good pitching prospects but most aren't ready yet.
2. Sign or trade for a SS to compete for the starting job in 2017. Luis Sardinas had a solid run with the Padres last year, but need someone else in case he struggles.
3. Keep the BP where it is for the most part. Buchter and Hand were good, Maurer got better in the 2nd half, Capps getting back from injury should help, and guys from the farm system can help fill out the rest.
4. Wil Myers contract extension. I know the injury history is a concern, but the Padres can't keep trading away their talented players for prospects. He had a great 1st half and bad 2nd half, but I think he's still getting better.
Some guys could be moved because they either don't have a spot in the lineup or have value like Ross, Solarte, Norris, and Dickerson. Ross missed most of 2016, but has 1 year left and teams could have interest from what he was in years prior. Solarte is one of the best players on the Padres, but might not be around by the time they contend. Not gonna be a pretty season to watch when it comes to wins and losses, a lot of young guys leads to a lot of struggles. But they're building towards something...I hope.

Last edited:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for fans of my division rivals - what do you want from you team this winter?

@HammerDown @calsnowskier @moxie @Arizona_Sting @The Derski @dredinis21 @Bolts

Tagging a few who come to mind, no offense if you weren't included. Just trying to liven up the thread.

LOL are there any Rockies fans on this board?

My ideal offseason:

1) Team stays healthy

2) A bullpen. Spend ALL the money we have leftover from arbitration on the bullpen.

I still think there's no way Greinke, Miller and Corbin are ALL that bad again next season, if just even 2 of them turn it around and one of Shipley, Bradley or Ray has a breakout year (the potential is there) then we'll be in decent shape in the rotation.

Our offense (if healthy) should be one of the best in baseball led by Goldy, Pollock, Segura, Lamb, Peralta, Castillo, Tomas, Owings, etc.

3) A bullpen.

If we revamp the pen and our key guys stay healthy then who knows what can happen next year.