• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make some good points but I'm older than dirt. When I was a kid my baseball idol was Mickey Mantle and I lived and died with the Yankees. In fact, during that time it was the Yankees vs. the Dodgers almost every year in the World Series. We all know that the Yankees have 27 championships which no team will come close to touching in any sport for several generations to come, if EVER.

Long story short, the Cardinals drafted me out of high school to play in their organization and I was fortunate enough to make it all the way to their Triple AAA team in Memphis where the bus stopped for me. I guess you might say I had to immediately trade the Yankees pinstripes for the birds on the bats when the Cardinals gave me a chance even though I still loved Mantle. Yes, your Cubs have made some major strides in recent years and they are obviously the team to best this year in the NL Central but no team in MLB other than the Yankees has more championships than my redbirds. That's all I was trying to say.

Thanks for sharing your story tomcat1, great stuff! I played SS up through 9th grade baseball, but gave it up for golf. I was lucky enough to play golf in college, but I think about my last baseball game often (not knowing it would be my last) and wish I had just one more time to get on the dirt and play the game I loved as a kid.

GO CUBS GO!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing your story tomcat1, great stuff! I played SS up through 9th grade baseball, but gave it up for golf. I was lucky enough to play golf in college, but I think about my last baseball game often (not knowing it would be my last) and wish I had just one more time to get on the dirt and play the game I loved as a kid.

GO CUBS GO!

Great stuff from you too! At least by turning to golf you didn't get banged up about 150 nights a year getting hit by pitches, fouling a ball off your ankle bone, getting cleats in your face while trying to turn a double play, and the list goes on. Many people think baseball is not a contact sport but trust me, it is! Were you blessed with enough golf talent to take your game to the next level after college?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a series with the Pirates the first of the year but they just said on the radio that they will be playing 18 times in the next 35 days

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a series with the Pirates the first of the year but they just said on the radio that they will be playing 18 times in the next 35 days

I don't understand this scheduling either. I think we played you guys 10 times during the first month of the season going to Milwaukee twice before the Brewers played in St. Louis. I guess it all evens out by the end of the season.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like having lots of time off.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals and Cubs will be playing 2 games in London next season. They will be Cardinal home games.
Kind of a bummer for a team to lose 2 home games, especially when they are against the Cubs. St. Louis fans got screwed a bit. I have family that lives in the St. Louis area and they go to several of the Cardinal/Cub games each year.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals and Cubs will be playing 2 games in London next season. They will be Cardinal home games.
Kind of a bummer for a team to lose 2 home games, especially when they are against the Cubs. St. Louis fans got screwed a bit. I have family that lives in the St. Louis area and they go to several of the Cardinal/Cub games each year.

Should just split it 1 and 1 with each team losing one home game. Doesn't seem too outrageous to do that

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the cost of tickets in St Louis, it isn't much more expensive to fly to London to see a game. :D

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This doesn't make sense! If this is a two game series in London they should take turns in being the home team. I'm sure your family in the St. Louis area is planning to make the trip across the big pond to attend, right?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should just split it 1 and 1 with each team losing one home game. Doesn't seem too outrageous to do that

I replied to Myles before I read your post so we are all in agreement on this.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's tighten the screws just a little bit more after tonight's action in the NL Central.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cardinals fans . . . the month of May is finally over!

I love the way we finished the month of May however!

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They started Cabrera because Wacha sucks...hell, DFA the garbage. And Gomber is injured, Reyes is nowhere near available, Ponce just pitched, and CMart is a one inning reliever now...

Complete Turds on a bat clusterfuck in the Lou...welcome to last place in the NL Central Cards fans...

i agree, Wacha went to the pen so he could come out hot and get some outs. Well that didn't work, he has no trade value, cuf him loose and swallow the loss.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cardinals fans . . . the month of May is finally over!

I love the way we finished the month of May however!

Too bad for the rain delay, i was feeling positive about this game. Bullpen from here on out if it resumes.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks St Loo. Brewers back in 1st place. How long will it last?

I can see it going back and forth between Milwaukee, Chicago, and possibly St. Louis throughout the rest of the season and they beat up on each other enough to keep the other 2 out of the wild card

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks St Loo. Brewers back in 1st place. How long will it last?

Great question! Yep, the NL Central has a new sheriff in town named Mr. Brewer but I'm thinking this division will change hands at the top several more times before the season is over.

Your team is really playing well lately.