• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are just collapsing. Such a waste

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are just collapsing. Such a waste

After having the best record in baseball in April it looks like we just quit in May.

We're not just losing, we're getting blown out in several games lately.

I don't know the answer to turn things around but I sure hope it happens soon.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After having the best record in baseball in April it looks like we just quit in May.

We're not just losing, we're getting blown out in several games lately.

I don't know the answer to turn things around but I sure hope it happens soon.

A lot of one run games as well where great starting pitching is being wasted by a completely inept offense. If half of those one run games go the other way the record looks totally different

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of one run games as well where great starting pitching is being wasted by a completely inept offense. If half of those one run games go the other way the record looks totally different

I agree with you on this and particularly losing back to back 2-1 games recently but we have also been hammered with some of our loses recently too by the Pirates, Braves, and Texas yesterday.

We both know that good pitching usually beats good hitting and we have run into some opposing pitchers recently who were on their game on that particular night which probably had a lot to do with making our offense look inept. I'm not making excuses, I'm just stating what I feel like I've been seeing lately.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates have a winning record on this latest road trip!!

Your Pirates are very competitive at over 1/4 of the way through the season just like I thought they would be. Unfortunately my Cardinals don't have a reliable closer.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the trade that the Pirates made with Tampa Bay in which the Pirates acquired Chris Archer for tow up and coming porspects is blowing up against the Bucs. Archer, is showing no promise so far. But the 2 prospects are both doing well
in Tampa. This might end up being one of the worst trades in Pirates history!!!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the trade that the Pirates made with Tampa Bay in which the Pirates acquired Chris Archer for tow up and coming porspects is blowing up against the Bucs. Archer, is showing no promise so far. But the 2 prospects are both doing well
in Tampa. This might end up being one of the worst trades in Pirates history!!!

I never understood the Pirates wanting Archer since his better days were behind him.

Other than Archer the Pirates starting rotation looks pretty solid to me.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cubs make the 2019 playoffs it will be their 5th consecutive year in doing so. It will tie the most successive postseason appearances by a team in the NL Central, the Cardinals.

Their are good teams in this division, but the Cubs clearly are the best organization in the NL Central. It's amazing how things have changed.

GO CUBS GO!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cubs make the 2019 playoffs it will be their 5th consecutive year in doing so. It will tie the most successive postseason appearances by a team in the NL Central, the Cardinals.

Their are good teams in this division, but the Cubs clearly are the best organization in the NL Central. It's amazing how things have changed.

GO CUBS GO!

Your Cubs have been doing well during the past 5 years but they have only 1 World Series title on their resume in the past, what 100 years +. You should always be proud of your team and cheer for them with all your might but before you get too excited just add up the World Series titles the Cardinals have obtained and then get back to me. You won't be able to do this, nor will I be able to be here to read it because we will both be older than Jesus if and when this ever happens.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus was about 33 years old when he was crucified...if you believe in such fiction.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice bounce back W for the Crew yesterday

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Madison Bumgarner, comes available, via trade, should the Cardinals make a play for him to bolster the bullpen? Also would a move like that put them over the top to win the NL Central?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Madison Bumgarner, comes available, via trade, should the Cardinals make a play for him to bolster the bullpen? Also would a move like that put them over the top to win the NL Central?

Bum would be an upgrade to the Cards rotation (Wainwright looks shot and Wacha has some serious durability issues, not to mention he's been pitching like shit), but he's not that great. He's been rather HR prone for a guy who pitches in San Fran. He would give you guys a pitcher than can reliably go 6+.

I don't think it would put them over the top at all. Cubs have a better rotation (especially if Darvish gets his head out of his ass) and offense.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good questions . . . First of all I think Bumgarner will become available to some team. So far this season the Cardinals starting rotation is a bigger problem than their bullpen, unlike last season. If the Cardinals acquire Bumgarner he would certainly strengthen the Cardinals starting rotation but not enough to put them over the top in the NL Central in my opinion. So now the question becomes what do the Cardinals have to give up for Bumgarner to go along with what do the Cardinals expect from C. Martinez and Reyes for the rest of the season? This is a decision the front office will have to make.

Personally I agree with what Yadi said when he said "We have the players to win right now if we will just start playing up to our capabilities" but as we all know this has not happened yet.