• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I can assure you that I bleed Cardinals Red! If my posts annoy you there is nothing that requires you to read them. You obviously never played sports because if you had the first thing you would have learned is to always respect your opponents. The NL Central is a very good division with several teams capable of winning it all and a real Cardinal's fan will always speak the truth about the quality of teams they compete against. Yes, I'm glad the NL Central is a strong division because if the Cardinals happen to be fortunate enough to win this division they will have survived to that point of beating some of the best teams in all of MLB. However, I will always compliment our competition when they deserve it. Have a nice day.

I mean.. college baseball but sure.

Also like I explicitly said, there's a difference between RESPECTING your opponents and constantly praising them

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked that the Pirates won 3 of 4 in St. Louis. we have so many holes in both our pitching staff and hitting.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's time to see what Gant can do as a starter. He had that gig for a while, and he is pitching better now.

I suggested this right here several weeks ago but apparently Cardinals management doesn't read these threads. I said "I think Gant has earned a start in the near future" and I'll say now that if he gets a start soon I'll feel more comfortable before he starts than I feel about some of the starters we have right now.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean.. college baseball but sure.

Also like I explicitly said, there's a difference between RESPECTING your opponents and constantly praising them

First of all I have no interest in college baseball.

When you get a chance listen to some of the past interviews from Cardinals players, coaches, and even Mike Shildt and you will find they talk the same way that I do when is comes to praising our competition. You will hear words of character, class, respect, and no smack mouth talk.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked that the Pirates won 3 of 4 in St. Louis. we have so many holes in both our pitching staff and hitting.

Your starting pitching has been pretty solid all season and your hitters batting in the 2, 3, and 4 spots are all hitting over .300 which is a good recipe for winning.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You nailed it concerning our starting pitching. Even when Carlos Martinez comes back soon he is scheduled for bullpen duty but I'm hoping that he will get into the starting rotation soon after that. If Reyes can come back soon and perform as advertised our starting pitching should get much better. I realize these are some big 'IFS'.
I'm holding out home for the same. I'm not sure if our bullpen can spare it, but I'd like to see Gant replace Wainwright when needed. That's just me under the impression that Wainwright will need some time off at some point.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm holding out home for the same. I'm not sure if our bullpen can spare it, but I'd like to see Gant replace Wainwright when needed. That's just me under the impression that Wainwright will need some time off at some point.

I hear you man. Wainwright has given us Cardinals fans a lot of enjoyment over the years but I think his pitching arm is breathing on a respirator. As for our other starters I don't trust any of them right now. Like you more or less said in one of your recent posts, we don't really have an ACE as a starting pitcher. Our bullpen, which was one of our biggest weaknesses last season, has been much better this season, until recently. We still don't have a reliable closer since Hicks still hasn't found the strike zone yet and these big league hitters have caught on to some of his 100+ MPH stuff with laser shots but fortunately for us most of them have been hit at one of our defensive players. I just hope we stay in the race until we get a better starting rotation in order.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you man. Wainwright has given us Cardinals fans a lot of enjoyment over the years but I think his pitching arm is breathing on a respirator. As for our other starters I don't trust any of them right now. Like you more or less said in one of your recent posts, we don't really have an ACE as a starting pitcher. Our bullpen, which was one of our biggest weaknesses last season, has been much better this season, until recently. We still don't have a reliable closer since Hicks still hasn't found the strike zone yet and these big league hitters have caught on to some of his 100+ MPH stuff with laser shots but fortunately for us most of them have been hit at one of our defensive players. I just hope we stay in the race until we get a better starting rotation in order.
I'm surprised the Cards haven't signed Keuchel.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the Cards haven't signed Keuchel.

I'm glad they haven't. Wrong side of 30 and really only had one great season.

Only thrown over 200 innings once since 2016 (CY Young season 2015) and his SO/9 has gone down while his H/9 has gone up by 2 per 9 inning.

I think it would be a bad investment if they gave him anything over 1 year

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad they haven't. Wrong side of 30 and really only had one great season.

Only thrown over 200 innings once since 2016 (CY Young season 2015) and his SO/9 has gone down while his H/9 has gone up by 2 per 9 inning.

I think it would be a bad investment if they gave him anything over 1 year
He'd be an improvement over at least 3 of our starters. Not worth a long term deal.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be an improvement over at least 3 of our starters. Not worth a long term deal.

At this point, I disagree. Hasn't been facing live hitters, would still cost a draft pick if signed right now, and would take probably a full month to be prepared.. so you're looking at Mid June before he's ready? Remember the last time the Cardinals signed a pitcher after the season had already started? Not that all situations are alike but recency bias makes me think to stay away

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Bell hitting towering shots again

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good win for our redbirds tonight but it scares me when we score in double digits because it usually means that we don't score but 1 run in the next game.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is in a zone right now knocking the cover off the ball.
Just saw he's on pace to be even better than Stargell's 79 MVP season.

I know it's only mid-May, but I haven't enjoyed watching a Pirate this much since McCutchen's MVP season in 2013

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw he's on pace to be even better than Stargell's 79 MVP season.

I know it's only mid-May, but I haven't enjoyed watching a Pirate this much since McCutchen's MVP season in 2013

I saw 'Willie the Starge' hit a ball to right field in the old Busch Stadium many years ago that still might not have landed yet. Seriously, it was the most towering home run I have ever seen live.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have witnessed the beginning of a new superstar career(homer talk). Keston Hiura, 2B, went 2 for 3 with a BB in his major league debut tonight. With Shaw on the DL for 10 days, Moose moves to 3rd and 2nd belongs to Hiura. Time to roll, kid.