• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great! Our "top prospect" for the last 3-4 years is really showing us something.

St. Louis Cardinals right-handed pitching prospect Alex Reyes punched a wall following his most recent Triple-A start and fractured the left pinky on his non-throwing arm. Reyes, 24, will relocate to St. Louis' spring training facility in Jupiter, Fla. to continue throwing but he will miss three weeks of game action, Cards general manager Mike Girsch told MLB.com's Jennifer Langosch and other reporters on Sunday.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great! Our "top prospect" for the last 3-4 years is really showing us something.

St. Louis Cardinals right-handed pitching prospect Alex Reyes punched a wall following his most recent Triple-A start and fractured the left pinky on his non-throwing arm. Reyes, 24, will relocate to St. Louis' spring training facility in Jupiter, Fla. to continue throwing but he will miss three weeks of game action, Cards general manager Mike Girsch told MLB.com's Jennifer Langosch and other reporters on Sunday.

i remember when John Tudor punched a fan, and it was a critical part of the season IIRC.I

But, I am not condoning what Reyes did.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Buddy . . . . . Did you have to start my week off by ruining my day? I read this same article on another site this morning and for the life of me I don't understand why young people don't understand that if they punch a wall the wall is going to win.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Buddy . . . . . Did you have to start my week off by ruining my day? I read this same article on another site this morning and for the life of me I don't understand why young people don't understand that if they punch a wall the wall is going to win.
It was getting so close for this "best prospect" to finally show us something at the major league level. Now it is delayed again.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is such a stupid team. Dyson with a lead off single in the 10th, he is 223-264 in steal attempts(84%), and Adam Jines doesn't give him chance to steal. One failed bunt attempt then GIDP.

Yep, this game was a good opportunity for the Cardinals to add another 1/2 game to their lead over the Cubs but it was not meant to be. I'm not going to complain right now though since we have won 8 out our last 10.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was getting so close for this "best prospect" to finally show us something at the major league level. Now it is delayed again.

I hear you man and I agree!

What are you reading or hearing about when Carlos Martinez is suppose to be returning to the Cardinals roster? All I am seeing is that when he does return he will be assigned to the bullpen.

I'd like your take on this: I think John Gant has earned a start in the near future but on the other hand he is doing such a great job in middle relief I don't know. What do you think?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you man and I agree!

What are you reading or hearing about when Carlos Martinez is suppose to be returning to the Cardinals roster? All I am seeing is that when he does return he will be assigned to the bullpen.

I'd like your take on this: I think John Gant has earned a start in the near future but on the other hand he is doing such a great job in middle relief I don't know. What do you think?
I think Carlos will join the team in a few weeks. He want to start after the All Star break, but we'll see how he does out of the pen. We need the help in the starting rotation for sure. Wainwright is the only starter with an ERA under 4 (3.96). Mikolas is allowing too much contact, Hudson isn't doing much, Flaherty has been roughed up but shows some signs of putting it together and Wacha is throwing allot of pitches. He threw 101 pitches to get 15 outs yesterday.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
460a3a8c749e82d50bf69d2c7b0a9633ec652bef06dab17ac4dee7f84c4c4dd8.jpg

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think his future may be in a starting rotation. He wasn't horrible in his starts last year. However, he may have found his spot in the bullpen. But it is nice that he provides another option.

upload_2019-4-30_10-13-56.png

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carlos will join the team in a few weeks. He want to start after the All Star break, but we'll see how he does out of the pen. We need the help in the starting rotation for sure. Wainwright is the only starter with an ERA under 4 (3.96). Mikolas is allowing too much contact, Hudson isn't doing much, Flaherty has been roughed up but shows some signs of putting it together and Wacha is throwing allot of pitches. He threw 101 pitches to get 15 outs yesterday.

It's interesting what a difference a year makes. Last year one of our biggest problems was middle innings relief pitching and this year one of our biggest problems seems to be starting pitching in the early going.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19-10 was not too shabby for us Cardinals fans in the month of April.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great start to the season.
We face Strasburg today.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great start to the season.
We face Strasburg today.

Yes we do and I don't like the pitching matchup with the Cardinals starting Hudson but it is what it is and hopefully our hot streak will continue.

It's a good thing that we are hot because the Cubs are hot too and we're off to Chicago after today for a weekend series with those baby bears beginning tomorrow.