• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners to Fans: Please Figure out How to Cheer

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking joke. I have been to many epic games at Candelstick over the years. You posers are full of shit.
Hahaha, you guys enjoying Breaker being on house arrest or what?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was at the Green Bay playoff game last January and yea I concur that our fans are terrible when it comes to cheering. I mean it's pretty sad when the cheerleaders have to tell you to quiet down.

The shame is I was on the field before the game started and when the crowd is going full blast you can barely hear what's being said from someone standing right next to you.

So if our crowd learned to cheer properly we could have a much bigger homefield advantage.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone brought up on KNBR this morning, even though this memo is laughable, maybe it's a good thing because it gets fans talking about it and maybe Niner fans will cheer more smartly moving forward.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this even real? Anyone else a season ticket holder on here? I honestly don't remember seeing an email about this during the week.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its that we native Californians understand that football is a game and not our life unlike in some other places where there isn't much else other than football. We love it but don't live and die with it like in some of the more backward locales in this country.

Being a smart fan has nothing to do with where you live. The 49ers have had one of the lowest football-IQ attending fanbases in NFL history forever. I'm sure you remember Montana and Young consistently telling the morons in the stands to shut up when they were on the field. How many times have Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or even guys like Philip Rivers and Tony Romo had to tell their home crowds to shut up so the O-line can hear the calls? During the dominant era when Montana was putting away rings like cracker-jack prizes the 9ers were regularly better on the road than at home. It's because our fans have no clue how to be football fans. Never have, and doubtlessly never will.

Didn't they send an e-mail out to season ticket holders last year for this exact item? How can the "fans" be this stupid? Jacksonville has a better HFA than we do. Arizona, when they were in the NFCE had a better HFA against Dallas then we do.

This could change with the new stadium, but let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone brought up on KNBR this morning, even though this memo is laughable, maybe it's a good thing because it gets fans talking about it and maybe Niner fans will cheer more smartly moving forward.

Been going on forever. Probably since Kesar. I wouldn't count on this e-mail helping. It didn't last year.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cosign tallglass + Jikkle

I admit to getting close to as drunk as possible at games, but I still wind up being one of the various voices of reason within the crowd trying to help people understand you wanna let the offense work, and not leave to get food/beer just because SF is on defense (that part really facepalms me, tho). People probably couldn't care less that I try to educate them, but at least I'm drunk with a cause.

I will say that the alcohol helps to make it a little less obnoxious to continually see 240 lbs guys turn into hysterically screaming little girls at their very first Justin Bieber concert every time SF walks up to the LOS to begin a new drive.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What don't you get about what I said whysies? My family has had season tickets since 73'. Season tickets I inherited. I have been to over 100 games over my lifetime.

This concept that 49er fans are not loud is pure bullshit. I agree they tend to make a little too much noise when the offense has the ball, but enthusiasm and support is there and its solid.

To say anything otherwise is total nonsense, and I will bet that people saying such things rarely if ever go to games. Because its untrue.

I don't understand why the front office decided to participate in this ridiculousness the chiefs and seahawks fans are doing trying to act like they have the loudest fans or the most loyal... or whatever... because again that is pure bullshit. Seahawks were facing constant blackout warnings only ten years ago. Between the two teams they have one lombardi combined...

But those fans are the so loud and awesome? BULLSHIT. I am calling it what it is. The only thing worse than some of the niner fans and their comments on this thread is a seahawk fan prancing around acting like they earned a win with their voices being pumped through Paul Allens speakers system.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey hey

ho ho

the hawks really blow

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its that we native Californians understand that football is a game and not our life unlike in some other places where there isn't much else other than football. We love it but don't live and die with it like in some of the more backward locales in this country.

California's lack of sports loyalty is always "well, we have other things to do than just sports".

Yeah, that's it.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California's lack of sports loyalty is always "well, we have other things to do than just sports".

Yeah, that's it.

Which lack of sports loyalty are you referring to? Just in the Bay Area we have the Giants, A's, Warriors, Sharks, Raiders, and 49ers. Thats in one confined area.... 2.5 hours away we have the Kings, five hours away we have the Lakers and Clippers and chargers.

Thats TEN bona fide professional sports teams. Must be all that "lack of sports loyalty" that brings them here.

Besides, anyone from the midwest in general, and from Chicago in particular really shouldn't be talking shit about other states. You live in a shit hole.

Thats rich. Never met anyone from Chicago that moved to California that wanted to move back. Unanimous decision ..... it really sucks there.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which lack of sports loyalty are you referring to? Just in the Bay Area we have the Giants, A's, Warriors, Sharks, Raiders, and 49ers. Thats in one confined area.... 2.5 hours away we have the Kings, five hours away we have the Lakers and Clippers and chargers.

Thats TEN bona fide professional sports teams. Must be all that "lack of sports loyalty" that brings them here.

Besides, anyone from the midwest in general, and from Chicago in particular really shouldn't be talking shit about other states. You live in a shit hole.

Thats rich. Never met anyone from Chicago that moved to California that wanted to move back. Unanimous decision ..... it really sucks there.

Man, I love visiting Chicago. Don't think I'd want to live there because of the extreme weather but what a great town. Best food I've ever eaten.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah thats great, you can navigate through the murder capital of the country and freezing winters and hot muggy summers and get a good steak.

Because in SF the food is terrible by comparison. LOL