• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners and Harbaugh

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree to mutually "part ways".

The question remains, what HC is an upgrade?

Amazing 4 years, 3 NFCC Games, an off year and...bubye.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The word dysfunction comes to mind.

"Let's get rid of this highly successful coach for whom players run through a brick wall.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should send a message. Don't be a complete and utter jackass to everyone around you and everything will work out. Obviously winning isn't everything.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should send a message. Don't be a complete and utter jackass to everyone around you and everything will work out. Obviously winning isn't everything.

Or is it? The winds of change didn't start blowing until a few missteps early this season, Harbaugh was willing to look the other way as long as the team was winning, and apparently so was ownership. Suddenly what was fine last year isn't so anymore, I think it was ok, now obviously not.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is it? The winds of change didn't start blowing until a few missteps early this season, Harbaugh was willing to look the other way as long as the team was winning, and apparently so was ownership. Suddenly what was fine last year isn't so anymore, I think it was ok, now obviously not.
No, it was reported before the season started that this year would be his last. It was kind of pushed aside as simply rumors, but turns out it was true. I'm sure the disappointing season helped bolster that move, but the seeds were planted well before the bad year. 3NFCC games and a SB appearance and the writing was already on the wall.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except he was not a complete jackass to everyone around him. Have you heard his coaches and players speak about him today?

But don't mind facts, they are those pesky little things.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It also sends a message from the other side. If this guy went to three Conference Championship Games and a Super Bowl and couldn't get the backing from management and ownership in San Francisco....

what coach will?

Total dysfunction from both sides of the table.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are backed into a corner.

Hire a new coach and don't have a winning season after cutting ties with Harbs will look worse than it does today. The next coach replaces a guy that went to 3 NFC Championship games and 1 Super Bowl. Even Vince Lombardi would have trouble matching that.

Their Head Coach application should just say "flunky willing to do whatever GM wants need apply. Coaches that like running a team and have backbone need not!"

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also sends a message from the other side. If this guy went to three Conference Championship Games and a Super Bowl and couldn't get the backing from management and ownership in San Francisco....

what coach will?

Total dysfunction from both sides of the table.

Exactly, as clearly acknowledged by ownership, Harbaugh made major strides returning the franchise to respectability, and yet the parties could not find a way to work it out.

Some big questions to be answered.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except he was not a complete jackass to everyone around him. Have you heard his coaches and players speak about him today?

But don't mind facts, they are those pesky little things.
Fine, how about don't be a jackass to your boss? That work for you?

Honestly I don't really care about all this. The rivalry is over and I can easily see the 9ers being the bottom team in the division next year. No love lost

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is on the GM and CEO. I saw some of their interview today. Really didn't say much other than we agreed to go in a different direction. Same as that speech you get or have given about needing to see other people.

The Niner's took a step backwards. It will take a massive ego to come in there and think you can match Harbaugh's record. I will miss him. Easy to sports hate but still respect his abilities. And we will all miss his on field antics.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He would have been gone even if they made it back to the NFCCG. Baalke had it out for him from day 1 after he heard from the owner that Harbaugh wanted him out and a different GM in. It was pretty stupid to tell him that and leave your two most important employees bitter rivals.

This was going to happen no matter what. And it's stupid.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have been gone even if they made it back to the NFCCG. Baalke had it out for him from day 1 after he heard from the owner that Harbaugh wanted him out and a different GM in. It was pretty stupid to tell him that and leave your two most important employees bitter rivals.

This was going to happen no matter what. And it's stupid.

Yeah have to agree with this. I mean the guy was openly looking at trades to get Harbaugh out of town even before things went downhill. So the writing was on the wall from day 1 and to me when the players start seeing this happen that has to mess with the psyche of the players.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the pressure is now on Baalke? Is it his responsibility to hire the next coach and there fore he is tied to the same mantra,? Win the Superbowl or find another job.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke has mismanaged the niners back into oblivion. The franchise would have been wise to send Baalke his walking papers. Instead they got rid of a great coach and kept a guy who can't draft, alienated his coach, and shipped off Alex Smith to instead pay Kaepernick a ton per season. I would be very surprised if the niners didn't finish dead last in the division next season, even with their "easier" third-place schedule

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you`re an ass doesn`t mean you don`t know what you`re doing. Take Jimmy Johnson for example.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke has mismanaged the niners back into oblivion. The franchise would have been wise to send Baalke his walking papers. Instead they got rid of a great coach and kept a guy who can't draft, alienated his coach, and shipped off Alex Smith to instead pay Kaepernick a ton per season. I would be very surprised if the niners didn't finish dead last in the division next season, even with their "easier" third-place schedule

I think this is why you put "easier" in quotes, but yeah, that's only two games that are affected by the third-place finish. Said like you were implying, it is still a very hard schedule when you're in that division. St. Louis will be better next year than this year, too. Or, more appropriately, since they were good this year at times, they'll be more consistent next year.