• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niner should run 4-3 defenese Willis, Borland and Bowman

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think with the experience that Borland has gotten this year that the Niners should switch to the 4-3 defense if Fangio leaves. Willis and Bowman can be in coverage if needed and Borland can be in the middle

DE Lynch, Aldon Smith
DT Justin Smith, (Dorsey can play his strongest side) Tank Carradine or Dial
LB Willis, Borland, Bowman

CB Cox or Culliver w/Johnson[/COLOR]

S Bethea, Reid
I think our defense would be pretty nice

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think with the experience that Borland has gotten this year that the Niners should switch to the 4-3 defense if Fangio leaves. Willis and Bowman can be in coverage if needed and Borland can be in the middle

DE Lynch, Aldon Smith

S Bethea, Reid

Not against the new DC moving to a 4-3, but if you do this then you must look further ahead. In our immediate situation, you look at who'll be around for 3-4 more good years? Willis will not remain good for 3-4 more years, and Bowman is sort of unknown coming back from major injury.

Justin will be gone.

IMO you need at least one stud run stopper in the middle. You then need one stud pass rushing DE, ala JJ Watt.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DE Lynch, Aldon Smith

S Bethea, Reid
Interesting. First I would note that I don't think Aldon would be a good DE. He seems to need a hole made for him to be that pass rusher and sack machine that we know him to be. Second ,I'm not sure that the Cowboy will be back next season. Assuming that all of the other players are finally healthy they would have to learn a new system and that could take some time. Last note here, I feel that Tank is underrated by the 9ers staff and they need to start him next season ,just my opinion here really. Who knows what will happen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DE Lynch, Aldon Smith

S Bethea, Reid

I think this is a bad idea because I think this would affect us from stopping the run having lynch and Smith at DE. Stay at the 3-4 and on running plays u can play Smith(OLB), Willis(MLB), Borland(MLB) and Bowman(OLB). This would be scary. People forget Bowman is a good cover LB and one of the fastest MLB in the league. He can play some OLB. PLus having 3 pro bowl MLB will keep them fresh for the season. I do think we cut one of them when Borland contract ends but the good news we still have 2-3 years(forgot how long his is).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. First I would note that I don't think Aldon would be a good DE. He seems to need a hole made for him to be that pass rusher and sack machine that we know him to be. Second ,I'm not sure that the Cowboy will be back next season. Assuming that all of the other players are finally healthy they would have to learn a new system and that could take some time. Last note here, I feel that Tank is underrated by the 9ers staff and they need to start him next season ,just my opinion here really. Who knows what will happen.

I think Tank will start and I agree he deserves to start. If J. Smith retires we need to go all in on Suh if he hits the market and if not him we need to sign someone that can get us close to the same production(that will be hard to do). Maybe we draft a DE. Who knows.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not against the new DC moving to a 4-3, but if you do this then you must look further ahead. In our immediate situation, you look at who'll be around for 3-4 more good years? Willis will not remain good for 3-4 more years, and Bowman is sort of unknown coming back from major injury.

Justin will be gone.

IMO you need at least one stud run stopper in the middle. You then need one stud pass rushing DE, ala JJ Watt.

I sure hope we don't need new DC next year. I hope Fangio stays.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

During the season, Fangio basically stated that Tank was missing assignments and didn't have a grasp of the playbook. Kinda hard to know where he is at. Did he play last week? I don't remember his name being called.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
During the season, Fangio basically stated that Tank was missing assignments and didn't have a grasp of the playbook. Kinda hard to know where he is at. Did he play last week? I don't remember his name being called.

He played last week, number 95. don't recall any notable plays?

BTW - he looks heavier than I expected, cause wasn't he a DE in college?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played last week, number 95. don't recall any notable plays?

BTW - he looks heavier than I expected, cause wasn't he a DE in college?

He didnt do anything memorable last week. Donr know what he played in college. Hope tbat increase in size is muscle and not fat, lol

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Justin will be gone.

I was thinking the same thing also, its up to Baalke to do his good skouting deeds and finding us those guys. Seems like he is our only skout which is rediculous

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I like Harbaugh, but this is the problem that makes Pete Carroll a better coach. Harbaugh doesnt play his guys and you see the seahawks with new faces getting playing time every year when we play them. Niners staff cant evaluate guys well. I hope they let Tank play also

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this is a bad idea because I think this would affect us from stopping the run having lynch and Smith at DE. Stay at the 3-4 and on running plays u can play Smith(OLB), Willis(MLB), Borland(MLB) and Bowman(OLB). This would be scary. People forget Bowman is a good cover LB and one of the fastest MLB in the league. He can play some OLB. PLus having 3 pro bowl MLB will keep them fresh for the season. I do think we cut one of them when Borland contract ends but the good news we still have 2-3 years(forgot how long his is).

I like that idea better, the main thing is we need all three of them on the field at one time.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Seahawks special teams are filled with players who actually start on defense, Niners need to play the best guys and stop thinking doing things that dont make since

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been a top 5 D for the past 4 years , why do people want ot change our scheme ???

It is because they feel they have a better grasp on it than your DC. All fan bases have these experts on hand.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didnt do anything memorable last week. Donr know what he played in college. Hope tbat increase in size is muscle and not fat, lol

Tank was a DE in college and he was around 260 for the NFL Combine. The 4-3 DE he played in college as a pass rusher is a lot different than our 3-4 DE. Fangio was getting pissed with him because he kept trying to penetrate like a 4-3 guy instead of filling the gaps and taking on blockers like a 3-4 guy.

Tank mentioned in an interview this year just recently he's like around 290 because he needed to get stronger and gain more weight to play 3-4 DE.

Tank and Fangio have both mentioned he's basically a rookie this year and has had to learn from actually being on the field and has gotten a lot better and has a ton more understanding now of what Fangio wants him to do.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tank was a DE in college and he was around 260 for the NFL Combine. The 4-3 DE he played in college as a pass rusher is a lot different than our 3-4 DE. Fangio was getting pissed with him because he kept trying to penetrate like a 4-3 guy instead of filling the gaps and taking on blockers like a 3-4 guy.

Tank mentioned in an interview this year just recently he's like around 290 because he needed to get stronger and gain more weight to play 3-4 DE.

Tank and Fangio have both mentioned he's basically a rookie this year and has had to learn from actually being on the field and has gotten a lot better and has a ton more understanding now of what Fangio wants him to do.

oh ok, he does look 290 whereas I was thinking around 265-270. His strength was speed up field, so it makes sense that's his instinct?

But now that he's a 3-4 DE, you have to wonder if he's an every down DE? He could be very good on passing downs with his instincts and speed? We'll in the off-season cause I'd imagine he'll get a LOT of work?

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh ok, he does look 290 whereas I was thinking around 265-270. His strength was speed up field, so it makes sense that's his instinct?

But now that he's a 3-4 DE, you have to wonder if he's an every down DE? He could be very good on passing downs with his instincts and speed? We'll in the off-season cause I'd imagine he'll get a LOT of work?

I think he can be an every down 3-4 DE, but everything he's learned might just be flushed depending on if we get a new defensive staff and whether we stick with a 3-4 or 4-3. He's looked good at times, but I've seen what Fangio means.

Just recently in the SD game there was once where Tank blew by his man and the guard just rode him out of the play and the RB cut back and ran into the hole Tank created for about a 8-10 yard gain. Another time I saw Tank hit his man and hold at the point of attack, but he didn't see the tackle doubling down down on him from his outside and pancaked Tank.

It's a work in progress. To me, 3-4 dline is incredibly difficult to play and it's no surprise we've never had young guys play it much until this year. It's a lot to learn and understand.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks special teams are filled with players who actually start on defense, Niners need to play the best guys and stop thinking doing things that dont make since

With the injuries on D rhis year, wouldnt want to take that risk. That could come back to haunt seattle some day.

Last edited by a moderator: