• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NifL Thomas Rawls

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the Dameshek NifL videos every once in a while, and I enjoy them as an interesting thought exercise. So here's one for this season's Seahawks.

If Seattle didn't convince Marshawn Lynch to come back, and instead he retired, here's how I see it playing out.

Thomas Rawls wins the starting job out of training camp - which is evident would have happened, cause they wouldn't have traded Michael and then Turbin if that hadn't happened. Turbin would have been retained, and Jackson would have still been brought over from Buffalo, but they would have carried Rod Smith for the first 6 weeks while Turbin recovered.

Now, crunching the numbers (taking carries, success, opponents all into consideration), Rawls would be leading the NFL with around 1200 yards rushing (after this 100 yard game), though his yards per carry would be around 5 instead of 5.5.

Now, due to Rawls north and south tough running style (and Lynch's injuries that made him less effective) a change at RB could have had enough effect to change the outcome of the Rams game - and possibly the Panthers game.

Seattle would have saved $8.5 million dollars n cap space to be able to go after other needs, including signing Evan Mathis when he came to town, or other linemen, as well as retaining Byron Maxwell.

I'm not saying that I hate Lynch, just thinking about how things would be different had this been different. Hopefully, Lynch will come back fully healthy and give us one of the more punishing backfields in recent memory for our playoff run.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could have happened but I don't know. This is the time where I wish I heard Lynch talk to the press because he has to be working with Rawls. He's a brick wall but you never hear about any off the field bs besides trying to break up fights and getting blamed for starting something or being mistaken for by some drunk chick on the east side. I watch Rawls play and Lynch has to be mentoring him.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better if

What if Dallas convinces Rawls to sign with them prior to the season. They were apparently hot after him and may have offered him more $$$.