• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niemi.....

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Likewall, i think, just from reading your post you just don't like certain styles, mainly butterfly or hybrid goalies. You seem to prefer all the old school stand up guys like Nabby and consider them better based on their style of play.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Likewall, i think, just from reading your post you just don't like certain styles, mainly butterfly or hybrid goalies. You seem to prefer all the old school stand up guys like Nabby and consider them better based on their style of play.

I dont really mind the different styles as long as your good at it. My favorite goalie ever iis actually Irbe, who was stand-up, mixed with I dont even know what youd call it. Hasek is up there on my list of favs, who was basically an acrobat. Nabby of course is on the list. As long as your style works for you I dont care what kind of game you play.
But if rebounds are one of your biggest game flaws, why would you practice a butterfly style where you go down on every shot kicking out rebound, even ones you dont have to go Bfly to save? And if your bad at getting into position for a 2nd & 3rd shots once you do go down, why would you play a style that garentees rebounds that you cant stop?

I am however enjoying the latest weapon he's added to his game tho... The beach whale roll around. I dont think he's actually saved a puck yet doing the whale roll, as its a hard skill to perfect, but when he does finaly make a save with it. Watch out man, the Vezina will be in the near future haha

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont really mind the different styles as long as your good at it. My favorite goalie ever iis actually Irbe, who was stand-up, mixed with I dont even know what youd call it. Hasek is up there on my list of favs, who was basically an acrobat. Nabby of course is on the list. As long as your style works for you I dont care what kind of game you play.
But if rebounds are one of your biggest game flaws, why would you practice a butterfly style where you go down on every shot kicking out rebound, even ones you dont have to go Bfly to save? And if your bad at getting into position for a 2nd & 3rd shots once you do go down, why would you play a style that garentees rebounds that you cant stop?

I am however enjoying the latest weapon he's added to his game tho... The beach whale roll around. I dont think he's actually saved a puck yet doing the whale roll, as its a hard skill to perfect, but when he does finaly make a save with it. Watch out man, the Vezina will be in the near future haha

The first 3 games of my beer league season this spring have all gone to shoot outs, i was kind of pissed at my team for being lazy in this last one, so i almost did the paddle down hasek roll, but none of the shooters tried to beat me to the post so i couldnt do it lol

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The first 3 games of my beer league season this spring have all gone to shoot outs, i was kind of pissed at my team for being lazy in this last one, so i almost did the paddle down hasek roll, but none of the shooters tried to beat me to the post so i couldnt do it lol

LOL I find myself doing the roll alot during games. Not that I want to do it, it just kinda happens since I pay like a flop around jackass. Thankfully my league still does ties. I cant stand shootouts... Although when you are in one it is fun to throw out the random charge out & slide into the guy slideways and claim you were just going for a poke check hahah

PS you see Rinnes bonerific save tonight??

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing the position has a lot to do with it when your evaluating a goalies skills. It also has a lot to do with it when you look at the shots that go in & the ones that are saved. To someone who doesnt play, a goal may look like something incredible, like the 360 DET goal today, when in reality, the move was pretty, but the goal was weak as shit. A changeup backhander from far away, yikes... To someone that doesnt play, you may think a goalie is amazing for making 40-50 saves a game, like goalies Sharks face, but the reality is majority of the shots are like warm-ups & shooting drills and they SHOULDNT go in...
It has a lot to do wiith it... The how many cups quote is another stupid reply.. Are you gonna tell me Chris Osgood is a better goalie then a bunch of guys that DONT have cups, just cause he has multiple rings? Anyone with half a brain can tell you the Hawks didnt win cause of Niemi in net, he won cause of an All-Star team in front of him.
Theres also no way to tell if the not give up attitude the Sharks are playing with year is because of Niemi being in net, or after years of bowing out and getting yelled at its finally sunk into their heads. When a team quits on you after you give up a couple early goals, or a softee mid game, as a goalie there is nothing you can do if your team does that, except just keep playing. You can stop everything from there on out but if the team gives up, there nothing a goalie can do to increase the score for his team.

>>are you going to measure your E-penis too?...shove it douchebag mofo.<<

I have to say this is by far one of the funniest things ive read on a forum, the added "mofo" part for extra bad-ass-ness was great... I do have a question tho, for my E-penis measurements, did you mean my errect penis, or was it ment as electronic penis as to insinuate that im being an internet tough guy, which ya followed up with the internet tough guy shove it douchebag mofo line LMAO... toooooooooooooooooo funny...
BTW since you inquired its 7 3/4, nothing huge, probably cant even get a gig in a ****o as "background guy #3" LMAO

090520124245.jpg

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The beached whale strikes again... I think he's let in 1 per game this series with the "ive fallen and I cant get up" tatics...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The beached whale strikes again... I think he's let in 1 per game this series with the "ive fallen and I cant get up" tatics...

I almost feel bad for Niemi playing behind this team. He's been runover more by his own teammates than the opposing team. He can't do much more than flop when he's got Boyle, Seto, Wallin, etc. laying on top of his legs. Lol.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, what can he really do with those heartless pieces of garbage "playing" in front of him?

He made the save of the playoffs there in the first or it could have been MUCH worse.

I blame him about 0.0000001% for tonight's loss.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, what can he really do with those heartless pieces of garbage "playing" in front of him?

He made the save of the playoffs there in the first or it could have been MUCH worse.

I blame him about 0.0000001% for tonight's loss.

Niemi actually played a pretty solid game IMO, but he was crashed into by his own teammates and the defense was horrible in front of him tonight.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I almost feel bad for Niemi playing behind this team. He's been runover more by his own teammates than the opposing team. He can't do much more than flop when he's got Boyle, Seto, Wallin, etc. laying on top of his legs. Lol.

Maybe im blind, but he flopped on the ice on his own as the puck was going behind the net. layed on the ice looking behind the net, then as it was coming to the front on the other side, while still down slid to the post while the guys were in front of him here trying to prevent the puck from squeeking in. He shoulda never layed completey flat on the ground in the first place...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niemi actually played a pretty solid game IMO, but he was crashed into by his own teammates and the defense was horrible in front of him tonight.

Agreed, I didnt blame him at all tonight. I thought the game would be later tonight since it was in SJ so I left work at 9cntrl only to find its already in th 3rd. And from what I saw the Sharks played like dogshit... The flop on the ice goal was pretty stupid tho, I dont know why he didnt get up when the puck was behind the net instead of laying there. Com said there were people laying on him, but I just say him laying there watching the puck, not even attempting to do anything, then slid over to the far post on his stomach.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jus watched the replay a buncha times... He was barely tapped when he flopped down and no one was laying on him when he stayed on the ground... That contact wasnt even enough to put my little ass on the ground... Lets not make excuses on that one, we all know he lays on the ice at stupid times and doesnt get back up til the puck is behind him. He's done it once per game this series....

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe im blind, but he flopped on the ice on his own as the puck was going behind the net. layed on the ice looking behind the net, then as it was coming to the front on the other side, while still down slid to the post while the guys were in front of him here trying to prevent the puck from squeeking in. He shoulda never layed completey flat on the ground in the first place...

On Cleary's goal? The one Seto put in his own net as he was on both knees at the post? I'd have to watch the replay again but I'm pretty sure he was plowed into by Wallin as he was turning to get back to the crease.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watching the replay on that goal again Niemi was clipped by Bertuzzi then runover by Wallin who was trying to clear out Bert.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watching the replay on that goal again Niemi was clipped by Bertuzzi then runover by Wallin who was trying to clear out Bert.

Run over i hardly the word Id use... Theres no way that contact should have caused him to end up flat on the ice unless he was trying to act & draw some kind of penality. Then again people see things differently, like your view on the GWG (which I agree with) while other people see Marleau as fault...

There was contact yes, but to make a guy Niemis size end up sprawled out flat, no way... It looks like he was doing his usual Im confused when the puck is downlow by the crease so im gonna sprawl out, and contact happened to be made before that.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watch again, hes already turning to go down before Wallin makes the contact that "ran him over"... NHL.com @ 3:47 of the vid...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Run over i hardly the word Id use... Theres no way that contact should have caused him to end up flat on the ice unless he was trying to act & draw some kind of penality. Then again people see things differently, like your view on the GWG (which I agree with) while other people see Marleau as fault...

There was contact yes, but to make a guy Niemis size end up sprawled out flat, no way... It looks like he was doing his usual Im confused when the puck is downlow by the crease so im gonna sprawl out, and contact happened to be made before that.

You don't think you'd end up sprawled out if someone took your leg completely out? Wallin went full force into Niemi's right leg. Niemi was trying to do what ever he could to get to that far post. I have a hard time blaming him for flopping under those circumstances.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The view versus and hockey network shows makes Niemi look even worse as while the puck is behind the net, you see him laying there just staring and following it with his head without even trying to get up and cover that far post properly...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PS Jimmy Howard made a ton of nice saves that game, and Niemis glove save is up there with Rinnies save last night...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
eh that last goal was seto being in the net with both of his skates pressed up against the post so Niemi couldnt close it off, then it was banked in off of seto and in.