• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niemi.....

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's an AHL journeyman now. He spent time with both the Bruins and Capitals AHL franchises this year.

really i thought he was still with the wild? And it's Jesus Price now anyway

tumblr_liozu0KomC1qdxc3o.jpg

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As much as I dont like Niemi, at least we dont have Howard, YIKES!! On the 3rd goal Niemi gave up, what the hell was that little flinch like a puppy trying to lift his leg peeing for the first time?? If he would stayed put he woulda had that save. it was like he moved outa the way kinda... At least that move wasnt as bad as his 3 stooges Curley Shuffle on the the other goal... WTF was that?

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dont like Niemi, at least we dont have Howard, YIKES!! On the 3rd goal Niemi gave up, what the hell was that little flinch like a puppy trying to lift his leg peeing for the first time?? If he would stayed put he woulda had that save. it was like he moved outa the way kinda... At least that move wasnt as bad as his 3 stooges Curley Shuffle on the the other goal... WTF was that?

still better than Nabby!

LOL

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

atleast your prefacing the comment admitting you dont like him lol. I dont care for his style either but it works. I wouldnt say he gave up on the 3rd goal, but it sure didnt look good lol.

The other 2, he had little to no chance on. On lidstroms goal he made 3 big saves before getting scored on, at some point your D has to help you out.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea ummm, not quite haha

wow you are crazy. Niemi is playing way better than Nabby any day, Nabby would have coughed up so many bad goals, Sharks would be down 0-3 rather than up 3-0...pass me some of what you are smoking mang! oh nevermind i see you are smoking Nabby's pole...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow you are crazy. Niemi is playing way better than Nabby any day, Nabby would have coughed up so many bad goals, Sharks would be down 0-3 rather than up 3-0...pass me some of what you are smoking mang! oh nevermind i see you are smoking Nabby's pole...

Do you see the games? Do you see the shot quality & goal quality?? Are you high as shit or just never played goal in your life? Those goals he let in in game 1 2 & 3 were nothing special, he had a good glove save & some good pad saves game 3 Ill give him that. If you wanna praise to praise try watching the vanc series and then youll see the shit a good goalie pulls out his ass like Rinne has. Niemi is just doing the job. This series hasnt been the offence powerhouse everyone thought. Neither SJ or Det is really getting the great scoring chances we all thought they would. Howard & Niemi have let in there sinkers. Im not even gonna justify this going aymore with the Nabby woulda coughed up "SO MANY" bad goals comment, cause that just shows your nutthuggery towards Niemi...

On that note I had Niemi-LAitis tonight in my league championships and gave up a whomping 8 fucking goals -- total mental fuckin breakdown on my part. Champ streak down the shithole. My record from last playoff loss to tonights loss, 45-9-5... Im so pissed, I havnt had a mental collapse like that in years. Last time I let in 8 was the first year I played... AGGGGGGGGGGG

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since this topic can be considered bascially a goaltending topic now, I got the thinking.... What was the story with Roman Cechmanek?? I never really followed his backgroud etc or saw him play. All I knew was he became a rookie at 30, kicked ass for 3 years, somehow ended up on LA then left the NHL... I never got that or knew why?? Was he not as good as the numbers say? cause that GAA & S% was pretty damn spectacular in philly... Why did philly get rid of him? Why did he leave the NHL after only 4 years (besides the fact that he was 34)...
I got to thinking of him cause I was looking at Tim Thomas's player card and did think he was as old as he was - 36 and also didnt come into the league til he was around 30...

Goaltending is such a weird position that some guys dont find there nitch or even make it pro til they are in there 30's... And someone like Roloson, playing great at 41, nothing but respect for that guy. It amazes me how some of there bodies can hold up for so long on a position thats just brutal on the body. While mines falling apart with a bad shoulder, elbow, knee & a left hammy that likes to strain frequenty while taking only a micro fraction of abuse that these guys years older then me take...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
chokemanek had a focus problem big time and always wilted under pressure. horrendous technique, served up softies like a dairy queen franchise. his numbers were a lie

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see the games? Do you see the shot quality & goal quality?? Are you high as shit or just never played goal in your life? Those goals he let in in game 1 2 & 3 were nothing special, he had a good glove save & some good pad saves game 3 Ill give him that. If you wanna praise to praise try watching the vanc series and then youll see the shit a good goalie pulls out his ass like Rinne has. Niemi is just doing the job. This series hasnt been the offence powerhouse everyone thought. Neither SJ or Det is really getting the great scoring chances we all thought they would. Howard & Niemi have let in there sinkers. Im not even gonna justify this going aymore with the Nabby woulda coughed up "SO MANY" bad goals comment, cause that just shows your nutthuggery towards Niemi...

On that note I had Niemi-LAitis tonight in my league championships and gave up a whomping 8 fucking goals -- total mental fuckin breakdown on my part. Champ streak down the shithole. My record from last playoff loss to tonights loss, 45-9-5... Im so pissed, I havnt had a mental collapse like that in years. Last time I let in 8 was the first year I played... AGGGGGGGGGGG

And that is a good thing. I think that was the main complaint with Nabby. He would let in some really soft goals, a number of them coming at some really crucial, gut-punching times. IMHO the Sharks went as far as they were ever going to go with Nabby and it was time to go in a different direction. And I think your love for Nabby and contempt for Niemi is clouding your judgment when it comes to both guys.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And that is a good thing. I think that was the main complaint with Nabby. He would let in some really soft goals, a number of them coming at some really crucial, gut-punching times. IMHO the Sharks went as far as they were ever going to go with Nabby and it was time to go in a different direction. And I think your love for Nabby and contempt for Niemi is clouding your judgment when it comes to both guys.

That last line could very well be true. While there is no doubt Nabby let in some stinkers, it wasnt as frequent as some people like to exaggerate. And for every stinker/bad softee there were a handful of great saves that shoulda been goals.

The softee arguement with Niemi/Nabby is a pretty pointless arguement since Niemi has let in a bad one pretty much every game, & the LA series, more then 1 a game, even dating back to last years playoffs. I think the difference this year vs previous, isnt the man in net. I think its the teams mentality. This year they arent giving up when they are down or that bad goal goes in. The keep playing til the end, where previous teams would tuck there tail between there legs and pack it in. And hopefully they continue this and its not a repeat o last years WCF where the O disappeared & a sweep came after an awesome Det series win.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's really no point debating where this team would be if Nabby was back there instead of Niemi. There's just no way to tell.

To me the biggest difference between the two goalies is there mental game. Skill wise, even with Niemi's vast improvements to his game this year, I'd still give a very slight edge to Nabokov. Mentally though Niemi seems the much stronger goalie. It's hard to define but for whatever reason any time something went wrong with Nabokov in net, be it a bad bounce or terrible play by the defense, his game would just snowball from there. It was pretty much end series from that point on. I haven't seen that with Niemi, though his sample size of games with this team is way too small to pass full judgement.

As Likewall stated, a lot of this could stem from the mentality of the team in front of those goalies. However, the team does appear to have a lot more confidence in front of Niemi than it ever did with Nabokov and there is something to be said for that.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not everyone has played a goalie in their lives, has nothing to do with shit, are you going to measure your E-penis too?...shove it douchebag mofo.

how many cups does Nabby have? Niemi has been there, whether it is cause he is a better goalie or not, he has given the team way more confidence than Nabby ever did. please convince me otherwise. actually don't bother, go slobber on Nabby's balls some more.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference this year vs previous, isnt the man in net. I think its the teams mentality. This year they arent giving up when they are down or that bad goal goes in. The keep playing til the end, where previous teams would tuck there tail between there legs and pack it in. And hopefully they continue this and its not a repeat o last years WCF where the O disappeared & a sweep came after an awesome Det series win.

having confidence in your goalie contributes a lot to a positive mentality don't you think?

DUH.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really no point debating where this team would be if Nabby was back there instead of Niemi. There's just no way to tell.

To me the biggest difference between the two goalies is there mental game. Skill wise, even with Niemi's vast improvements to his game this year, I'd still give a very slight edge to Nabokov. Mentally though Niemi seems the much stronger goalie. It's hard to define but for whatever reason any time something went wrong with Nabokov in net, be it a bad bounce or terrible play by the defense, his game would just snowball from there. It was pretty much end series from that point on. I haven't seen that with Niemi, though his sample size of games with this team is way too small to pass full judgement.

As Likewall stated, a lot of this could stem from the mentality of the team in front of those goalies. However, the team does appear to have a lot more confidence in front of Niemi than it ever did with Nabokov and there is something to be said for that.

this is what i am saying, if this does not earn him some bonus points above Nabby i am not sure what else would...Nabby was weak mentally, maybe he was better skilled than Niemi but at the end of the day, Niemi strengths outweigh Nabbys in my book.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww...

"Can't we all just get along?"

PS. Might be time to lock this thread... things getting out of control and you guys are just repeating yourselves over and over, IMO. :p

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
However, the team does appear to have a lot more confidence in front of Niemi than it ever did with Nabokov and there is something to be said for that.

I mentioned this before the playoffs started, it seemed like the team played alot harder for Nemo then they ever did for Nabby.

It's interesting to see all the Nabby bashing thats been coming from the media recently. I never knew Nabby was such a cancer

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not everyone has played a goalie in their lives, has nothing to do with shit, are you going to measure your E-penis too?...shove it douchebag mofo.

how many cups does Nabby have? Niemi has been there, whether it is cause he is a better goalie or not, he has given the team way more confidence than Nabby ever did. please convince me otherwise. actually don't bother, go slobber on Nabby's balls some more.

Playing the position has a lot to do with it when your evaluating a goalies skills. It also has a lot to do with it when you look at the shots that go in & the ones that are saved. To someone who doesnt play, a goal may look like something incredible, like the 360 DET goal today, when in reality, the move was pretty, but the goal was weak as shit. A changeup backhander from far away, yikes... To someone that doesnt play, you may think a goalie is amazing for making 40-50 saves a game, like goalies Sharks face, but the reality is majority of the shots are like warm-ups & shooting drills and they SHOULDNT go in...
It has a lot to do wiith it... The how many cups quote is another stupid reply.. Are you gonna tell me Chris Osgood is a better goalie then a bunch of guys that DONT have cups, just cause he has multiple rings? Anyone with half a brain can tell you the Hawks didnt win cause of Niemi in net, he won cause of an All-Star team in front of him.
Theres also no way to tell if the not give up attitude the Sharks are playing with year is because of Niemi being in net, or after years of bowing out and getting yelled at its finally sunk into their heads. When a team quits on you after you give up a couple early goals, or a softee mid game, as a goalie there is nothing you can do if your team does that, except just keep playing. You can stop everything from there on out but if the team gives up, there nothing a goalie can do to increase the score for his team.

>>are you going to measure your E-penis too?...shove it douchebag mofo.<<

I have to say this is by far one of the funniest things ive read on a forum, the added "mofo" part for extra bad-ass-ness was great... I do have a question tho, for my E-penis measurements, did you mean my errect penis, or was it ment as electronic penis as to insinuate that im being an internet tough guy, which ya followed up with the internet tough guy shove it douchebag mofo line LMAO... toooooooooooooooooo funny...
BTW since you inquired its 7 3/4, nothing huge, probably cant even get a gig in a ****o as "background guy #3" LMAO

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Playing the position has a lot to do with it when your evaluating a goalies skills. It also has a lot to do with it when you look at the shots that go in & the ones that are saved. To someone who doesnt play, a goal may look like something incredible, like the 360 DET goal today, when in reality, the move was pretty, but the goal was weak as shit. A changeup backhander from far away, yikes... To someone that doesnt play, you may think a goalie is amazing for making 40-50 saves a game, like goalies Sharks face, but the reality is majority of the shots are like warm-ups & shooting drills and they SHOULDNT go in...
It has a lot to do wiith it... The how many cups quote is another stupid reply.. Are you gonna tell me Chris Osgood is a better goalie then a bunch of guys that DONT have cups, just cause he has multiple rings? Anyone with half a brain can tell you the Hawks didnt win cause of Niemi in net, he won cause of an All-Star team in front of him.
Theres also no way to tell if the not give up attitude the Sharks are playing with year is because of Niemi being in net, or after years of bowing out and getting yelled at its finally sunk into their heads. When a team quits on you after you give up a couple early goals, or a softee mid game, as a goalie there is nothing you can do if your team does that, except just keep playing. You can stop everything from there on out but if the team gives up, there nothing a goalie can do to increase the score for his team.

>>are you going to measure your E-penis too?...shove it douchebag mofo.<<

I have to say this is by far one of the funniest things ive read on a forum, the added "mofo" part for extra bad-ass-ness was great... I do have a question tho, for my E-penis measurements, did you mean my errect penis, or was it ment as electronic penis as to insinuate that im being an internet tough guy, which ya followed up with the internet tough guy shove it douchebag mofo line LMAO... toooooooooooooooooo funny...
BTW since you inquired its 7 3/4, nothing huge, probably cant even get a gig in a ****o as "background guy #3" LMAO

A completely screened double deflection that starts off along the ice and ends up going top shelf is weak? Damn, tough crowd.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A completely screened double deflection that starts off along the ice and ends up going top shelf is weak? Damn, tough crowd.

Ohh my bad Cmon, I didnt get to see the game, I just saw em show the highligghts when I was at the bar and didnt see the deflections. It looked to me lot he just lobbed it and it somehow floated over the glove... If thats the case, good goal then. It was just an example tho of how sometimes a pretty looking move can sometimes actually be abad goal.