• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles benched!!!!!! Case Keenum to start @ Ravens this Sunday.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles benched!!!!!! Case Keenum to start @ Ravens this Sunday.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the confusion @TEB11 , RR and I don't always agree 100 percent and maybe he agrees with this, IDK? :noidea:

I know you were trying to be compliant with @Retroram52 's desires but this is a huge deal and it deserves it's own thread (It is way bigger than Rams News and Current Events)

I tried to move your post here but IDK what happened, it's gone there but it's not here.... LOL.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three months after giving Nick Foles a two-year contract extension, the St. Louis Rams have decided to bench him.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher announced that Case Keenum will start at quarterback for the Rams at Baltimore this week. Foles has been removed as a starter after two straight losses by the 4-5 Rams.

"You know, Nick just needs a break," Fisher said. "Nick just needs a break right now."

Foles was acquired in a March trade between teams dealing starting quarterbacks when the Rams sent Sam Bradford to the Philadelphia Eagles for Nick Foles, a 2016 second-round pick and a move up in the middle rounds of last year's draft. The pick is nice, but this benching is tantamount to admitting defeat in the deal.

The timing of this move still is stunning. Keenum, who went undrafted out of college, has started 10 games in four seasons. All of those starts were with the Texans, although Keenum did spend time with the Rams and Texans last season. He's been Foles' backup throughout this season.

Fisher said his offense needs a spark, which is clear to see. Foles has seven touchdowns, six interceptions and five fumbles. The Rams have very few sustainable features on offense. Their only success comes from Tavon Austin gadget plays and big runs by rookie Todd Gurley. Foles has a big arm and has connected on the occasional deep ball this season, but he has played particularly poorly over the last month.

Foles was 0-12 on passes thrown over 10 yards Sunday, which was the most attempts on such passes without a completion in the last 10 seasons, according to the Rams' website. Fisher wasn't making any promises about how long Keenum would start, but he clearly has the chance to keep the job. St. Louis has a playoff-ready defense, but plenty of challenging games remaining against Cincinnati, Arizona, and Seattle.

Foles might very well get another chance to start at quarterback for the Rams, but Fisher probably hopes it's not necessary. The Rams are letting their Case Keenum flag fly

Case Keenum to start for Rams; Nick Foles benched - NFL.com

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, please, Coug DO NOT CHANGE YOUR AVITAR TO KEENUM and continue to jinx us!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking on the radio today and it made some sense... Foles had great success in 13 by throwing the ball downfield down the MIDDLE. The defenses realized it so they now have taken the middle of the field away.... But the problem is he can't throw the ball to the outside.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the hell happened?

You know, whenever we talked about the Rams being QB killers I always though of our defense. Now I am thinking of our organization!

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the hell happened?

You know, whenever we talked about the Rams being QB killers I always though of our defense. Now I am thinking of our organization!

Ugh! Even Foles video won't play right.. It' said that he's disabled or something :scratch:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh! Even Foles video won't play right.. It' said that he's disabled or something :scratch:
You need to click on the 'Watch this video on YouTube' link after you click on the play button. The video is protected by the NFL and can only be viewed at that website. (In other words, no links are allowed)

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess fischer does watch game tape ...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is yet another ridiculous, knee-jerk reaction by Fisher the sum total of which have produced absolutely nothing in his four-year tenure. As was mentioned on another thread, Fisher consistently sticks with the wrong people and if you produce, you either get shown the door or you get hurt.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is yet another ridiculous, knee-jerk reaction by Fisher the sum total of which have produced absolutely nothing in his four-year tenure. As was mentioned on another thread, Fisher consistently sticks with the wrong people and if you produce, you either get shown the door or you get hurt.
I'm about ready to cut bait with Fisher myself at this point but I think the knee-jerk reactions are more so here with the SportsHoopla Rams posters rather than with Fisher.

Davis had his shot last year and then failed to make the roster this year. Who else are we claiming was jettisoned off this organization after 'producing'?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like telling your wife that you'll change as she's walking out the door.

Too late to matter

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like telling your wife that you'll change as she's walking out the door.

Too late to matter
I actually think that Foles is the better QB but as Retroram has said, he's been 'Bulgerized' waiting on these rookies to give him some decent protection. Now that they are improving a bit with some experience, you're right, it is too late. (And I know that's not what you meant)

I wont be surprise to see Case come in and move the chains much better than Foles had. He's gonna have a lower level of competition to face for the most part early on, he has had more time to learn the offense that Cigs is running, he will be eager to make an impression instead of playing scared and he'll have Gurley from the get!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the several articles I have read, Fisher claims sole responsibility for this change in QBs but he adamantly declares that the offensive woes are not Nick Foles' fault. Well, that maybe true. Fisher is so blind and in over his head that instead of fixing the problems that have contributed to this pathetic offense, he throws his QB under the bus and then claims Nick wasn't at fault.

Wasn't this the same Fisher who was wowed by Foles arm strength and command of the offense back in camp? So much so, that the FO signed him to a two-year extension before seeing how he would adapt to an offense that is completely out of sorts with its personnel.

Isn't this the same Fisher who lauded the big young rookies on the O-line and stated that he expected big things from Quick, Britt, Cook, Kendricks, and Givens this year? Isn't this the same Fisher that bragged that the Cardinals shouldn't be looking too far ahead because they haven't played the Rams yet?

When this offense began going south, defenses had discovered that zeroing in on Gurley would shut down the offense completely. There was a non-existent passing game and offensive production was consistently missing. So stop Gurley, you stop the offense.

Play-calling via Cignetti was so easily recognizable because the concept of the offense fools no one. Did Fisher get after what was wrong with the play-calling that produced an offense dead-last or nearly so in the league for several weeks prior to yesterday? Was he working on ways to increase production apart from Gurley?
The answer is a resounding no. He did little to nothing.

The answer to this mess is Fisher is in over his head. He has no clue out to construct or develop a sustainable NFL offense for four years now and he has routinely found a scapegoat to cover his ass. No this offense was Fisher's creation. He couldn't get any reputable OC to want to come and direct the Rams offense because the Rams reputation of being a place where people go to have their careers destroyed is well known, so he settled on a promotion from within who is also in over his head.

This team is imploding because we have a persona non grata owner, a head coach who masquerades around as a competent coach only to pull one boneheaded move after another and then when it all falls apart, he throws players under the bus. We have a FO office that looks for places to hide when things really go south.

I think we all realize that the Jeff Fisher experiment has reached its end. Is Kroneke going to fire him? Hell no. Kroneke is a complete airhead and isn't around to even understand what the hell is going on nor does he care if the team is losing or winning. Fisher is going to plod along and he'll come up with some NFL-acceptable answer but the fans know this guy is one bullshit line after another because Kroneke has no plan or direction for winning for Fisher to implement and thus Fisher is just pulling things out of his ass.

So, we are going to watch Case Keenum get thrown under the bus. Plug in two more rooks on the O-line and lets see if there is anyone left by say week 16 to even give a rip about this galaxtically inept team known as the St. Louis Rams.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the several articles I have read, Fisher claims sole responsibility for this change in QBs but he adamantly declares that the offensive woes are not Nick Foles' fault. Well, that maybe true. Fisher is so blind and in over his head that instead of fixing the problems that have contributed to this pathetic offense, he throws his QB under the bus and then claims Nick wasn't at fault.

Wasn't this the same Fisher who was wowed by Foles arm strength and command of the offense back in camp? So much so, that the FO signed him to a two-year extension before seeing how he would adapt to an offense that is completely out of sorts with its personnel.

Isn't this the same Fisher who lauded the big young rookies on the O-line and stated that he expected big things from Quick, Britt, Cook, Kendricks, and Givens this year? Isn't this the same Fisher that bragged that the Cardinals shouldn't be looking too far ahead because they haven't played the Rams yet?

When this offense began going south, defenses had discovered that zeroing in on Gurley would shut down the offense completely. There was a non-existent passing game and offensive production was consistently missing. So stop Gurley, you stop the offense.

Play-calling via Cignetti was so easily recognizable because the concept of the offense fools no one. Did Fisher get after what was wrong with the play-calling that produced an offense dead-last or nearly so in the league for several weeks prior to yesterday? Was he working on ways to increase production apart from Gurley?
The answer is a resounding no. He did little to nothing.

The answer to this mess is Fisher is in over his head. He has no clue out to construct or develop a sustainable NFL offense for four years now and he has routinely found a scapegoat to cover his ass. No this offense was Fisher's creation. He couldn't get any reputable OC to want to come and direct the Rams offense because the Rams reputation of being a place where people go to have their careers destroyed is well known, so he settled on a promotion from within who is also in over his head.

This team is imploding because we have a persona non grata owner, a head coach who masquerades around as a competent coach only to pull one boneheaded move after another and then when it all falls apart, he throws players under the bus. We have a FO office that looks for places to hide when things really go south.

I think we all realize that the Jeff Fisher experiment has reached its end. Is Kroneke going to fire him? Hell no. Kroneke is a complete airhead and isn't around to even understand what the hell is going on. Fisher is going to plod along and he'll come up with some NFL-acceptable answer but the fans know this guy is one bullshit line after another.

So, we are going to watch Case Keenum get thrown under the bus. Plug in two more rooks on the O-line and lets see if there is anyone left by say week 16 to even give a rip about this colossally stupid team known as the St. Louis Rams.
56054764.jpg

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benched.

Check out the link....

Case Keenum to start for Rams; Nick Foles benched - NFL.com

There's a video in there of Fisher explaining the details.
(For some reason the share tab for the video couldn't be accessed for me to leave it embedded here Smed or else I would have

Vita, you should know me by now I was being sarcastic, Coug said:

Vitamike said: ↑
What the hell happened?

Ugh! Even Foles video won't play right.. It' said that he's disabled or something

"it said "he's disabled"