• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Fairley

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like your mind is made up and closed, as usual.

He didn't say that there's "no excuse" for Fairley not to be there. A reporter asked him if Fairley's absense for the day (again, it was just one day, not all the OTAs as your slowly starting to make it sound. Pretty soon it's going to be "the Lions haven't even seen Fairley since the end of last season.") was excused and Schwartz told him there's no such thing as an excused absence at voluntary OTAs because they're, you know, voluntary and all.

The media found a nice little quote to sell headlines, and the guys like you who get gratification from throwing our players under the bus (which baffles me, but there are certainly a solid handful of you guys) were all to happy to eat that up and not bother to read the context of the quote in question.

And you still don't know why he missed that day (notice how it's "day" not "days" or "skipped the OTAs", still just one single day), for all you know he had a great reason. So quick to assume the worst.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was clearly joking tpaul. Stay classy UP.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized it, no wait..I already know. You are the most illogical, irrational lions fan there is. This ones for you tpaul. First you brand me as negative when I'm clearly not, pointed you to the tigers board for reference. Now I hate my life because you can't handle someone able to have a little fun with the players? You are so clueless man. You jump to conclusions about people you know nothing about on here using your logic and making retarded comments followed by "imo" so you don't seem like a pretentious dick (even though you clearly are) and people here are supposed to just line up and believe the crap you spew about the lions? Get it through your head..the lions were 4-12 last year. Just because you don't want to believe they have problems doesn't mean the rest of us are going to just smile and take it in the butt. Oh, not joking this time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you still don't know why he missed that day (notice how it's "day" not "days" or "skipped the OTAs", still just one single day), for all you know he had a great reason. So quick to assume the worst.

Schwartz would not comment if it was the only day Fairley had missed and said it was Fairley choice to not be there. So you can say it was just a single day, but the only person who knows if it was a single day or more is members of the team. It just so happened that the OTA was open to the media and Fairley was not there.

I also never stated he missed all of the OTA's -- You are trying to make it out like I was lambasting the guy and all I said is -- He was just quoted as saying he wanted to take on a leadership role and help lead the Lions to the Super Bowl and at the OTA's which had almost 100% of the team on hand (sans Delmas, who was rehabbing in Florida) -- Fairley was the other no show.

If you want to take on a leadership role on the team -- shouldn't attending every team workout be part of that role to show the younger players how to be a professional? If Fairley had a good reason to miss -- Schwartz would have stated it to the media, just as he did with Delmas missing because of rehab and Calvin Johnson not participating that day, because the team decided to give him a day off.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What, what a classy bunch of "fans"...

No idea why Fairley is even gone today, but you're sure ready to throw him under the bus at a moment's notice.

I wonder if other fanbases have guys like this? I would imagine so, there's gotta be fans of other teams that hate their lives as much as these three do...

And what was "unclassy" about MY post?!?

I simply said that he was fat and lazy. And that he was a waste of a first round pick.

Nick Fairley is a LOSER. And so is everyone else that has ever worn a Detroit Lions uniform.

That's all I was trying to say. I could have been rude and over the top.
But I wanted to keep it classy.:usa2:

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I looked into this story, Fairley spent the day saving babies from terrorists.

I think you heard wrong.

He actually spent the day making gay pleas to his therapist.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the difference between "no excuse" and "no such thing as an excused absence"?
They are saying the same thing. He should have been there and he wasn't. Schwartz had no problem saying Delmas (i believe) missed the OTA, but it was to stay and finish rehabbing his injury in Florida.

I only put up the post because Fairley was just in the Detroit papers stating he was going to be taking on a bigger leadership role and that he would be helping lead the Lions to the Super Bowl this year. I loved what I was reading in that article. It sounded like the Lions were going to get a Nick Fairley who was putting in serious work and was ready to be a leader. It made me crack up when the next article written about him is Fairley skipping the OTA.

And you are right -- my life is beyond wonderful right now. My baby boy is doing unbelievable. He was 8 lbs 10 ounces at birth and if he continues to put away breast milk and formula like he has the 1st month -- he is going to be an absolute monster. I'm hoping by the looks of his monster hands and feet, he is going to end up with the same size as other men on either side of our families (her dad is 6'5, my dad is 6'4). I unfortunately am the shortest male in either family at around 6'2 (alright 6'1" and change, but I like to round up LOL)

He has been an absolute blessing and even more so since my wife was told she couldn't have children. He JUST started sleeping a little more, so I've been able to get back on here and talk some. It is nice to have some friendly debate on how fans see certain things going in the upcoming year. I can say without a doubt, as long as my baby continues to be healthy, I don't care if the Lions are 0-16 for the next decade -- I will still have a wonderful life.

You can't excuse someone from something they already don't have to be at?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Lions HEAD COACH said there is no excuse for him to miss the OTA workout.

Is that what he said? I didn't read it that way. He said "There is no such thing as an excused absence in a voluntary OTA."

I take that as meaning there is not an excused or unexcused absence because the whole thing is voluntary. Nick could have tweaked something or just didn't want to push one of his past injuries this early.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm still waiting for the definition of voluntary myself. Maybe I have it confused with mandatory, idk.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see both sides on this.

I do believe that actions are what counts. Words are cheap. If Fairley is going to step up and say they will be the best DT tandem and that he will take more of a leadership role, then he should show it in his actions. If he isnt going to step up and take the extra effort to be at even the volentary workouts, he shouldnt speak about being a leader.

On the other hand, we dont know the story completely yet. Lets wait and see why he didnt show up. If it is a good reason, then great. IF he just didnt show up, then there is some reason to have a beef with what he said.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurray for offseason non-issue stories that get blown way out of proportion!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized it, no wait..I already know. You are the most illogical, irrational lions fan there is. This ones for you tpaul. First you brand me as negative when I'm clearly not, pointed you to the tigers board for reference. Now I hate my life because you can't handle someone able to have a little fun with the players? You are so clueless man. You jump to conclusions about people you know nothing about on here using your logic and making retarded comments followed by "imo" so you don't seem like a pretentious dick (even though you clearly are) and people here are supposed to just line up and believe the crap you spew about the lions? Get it through your head..the lions were 4-12 last year. Just because you don't want to believe they have problems doesn't mean the rest of us are going to just smile and take it in the butt. Oh, not joking this time.

I'm just taking a page out of your "realist" book and calling it like I see it.

All you do is piss and moan and spew negative garbage at anyone who doesn't have the same sorry view of our team that you do. There was a stretch there where the only times you posted at all was to randomly pop in and attack me out of the blue.

You've established a long track record of being a negative turd. If you want people to stop thinking that you're a negative turd, then stop being a negative turd. It's just that simple.

I'm sorry you're so jaded on the Lions. All these years of losing suck, Spielman hasn't played for us in like 20 years, I get it, you're pissed. But being pissed at this current team because the Detroit Lions have traditionally sucked does you no good. Really, all it does is piss the rest of us off. See we're Lions fans- that means we want to come here and have positive discussions about our favorite teams.

Bitchy dissenters don't fare so well around here...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurray for offseason non-issue stories that get blown way out of proportion!

Amen brother! Talk about a non-issue that the press drummed up to generate some hits on their website which our "realists" jumped all over... Sad, really... :gaah:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get it through your head..the lions were 4-12 last year. Just because you don't want to believe they have problems doesn't mean the rest of us are going to just smile and take it in the butt.

Lol, you crack me up.

Yes, the Lions were 4-12. And?

You "realists" need to get it through your heads that you have ZERO (none, zip, nada, zilch) control over the roster. Your bitching, whining, pissing, moaning and complaing does zero good because YOU don't have the ability to make changes to things about the Lions that you don't like. You're not a coach, GM, player, scout, analyst or expert. You're just a pissed off dude with a computer.

You can bitch till you're blue in the face (and given how much you bitch on here I'd guess you look like Papa Smurf by now) about things your don't like about our team, but you'll never make any difference. We are officially, 110% removed from the situation.

I realize that you don't like me ever since I called you out on this crap a long time ago. I sure as hell don't like you- you types drive me nuts, to be honest. Life's far, far too short to spend complaining about things you have absolutely no control over. Most of us come here to post because we enjoy the Lions, not to bitch about them. We come here because it makes us happy, not to vent to a bunch of people who really don't want to hear it.

So yes, you're correct- the Lions were 4-12 last year. I, for one, am going to focus on the changes we've made and hope for a much better season. You just go ahead and keep bitching about last year and arguing with anyone who isn't a miserable dick like you. We really don't expect anything else out of you by this point...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what he said? I didn't read it that way. He said "There is no such thing as an excused absence in a voluntary OTA."

I take that as meaning there is not an excused or unexcused absence because the whole thing is voluntary. Nick could have tweaked something or just didn't want to push one of his past injuries this early.

See- these guys get it. They read the piece properly and weren't predisposed to
jumping to negative conclusions...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See- these guys get it. They read the piece properly and weren't predisposed to
jumping to negative conclusions...

i think you are missing what I was trying to say. he was just in the paper talking about taking on a leadership role on the team. Schwartz said the Lions had 100% attendance sans Delmas (who the coach knew wasn't going to be there) and Fairley.

if a guy like Fairley, who has had his share of problems on and off the field is going to step up into a leadership role -- don't you think the first step is showing up to all of the teams workouts?

i do understand the post saying Fairley could have a legit reason for skipping it -- i made my one assumption on the day and was wrong, so i am not going to assume anything. Seems like Schwartz would have told the media why he wasn't there, as he did with Delmas and Megatron (who was there, but given the day off)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again let me try to reiterate...for the last time. I'm not negative dude. I know you cant wrap your head around it because anyone with a different opinion than you is shot down and labeled negative. I proved that to you already but you can't handle reality can you? People that talk about the lions sixth string cornerbacks and fourth string running backs as awesome additions also do not fare well around here. Just because you have a warped perception of the Lions does not mean everyone should ho hum hang on every idiotic word you say. I have no problem with you personally, I don't know you. I could care less for your opinions on the Lions though. I really don't care if you hate me man, and you keep calling me out, I'll keep laughing at how pathetic you act on here resorting to such childish behaviors. Moving on...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like chris spielman, your point being? Lol, you don't? You don't like barry sanders, or herman moore, or any other lion from 20 years ago? Your problem not mine.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lions make me happy bud. Do you think I would be a fan if they didn't? Quit trying to judge me or anyone else that has a different opinion than you do on the team. Some of us aren't such big homers that we know they need improvement and aren't afraid to talk about it. God this forum would suck if everyone was like you, thank goodness it isn't. Maybe you should just talk with people that are just like you..that way you don't get so pissy and cry and whine when someone actually thinks differently than you. We cant all be teachers though I guess.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh sweet theres an ignore list, problem solved. Site is better than cbs just for this.