• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Fairley

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Fairley said he was ready to step into more of a leadership role? I'm guessing skipping out on the voluntarily OTA workout isn't a step in the right direction.

Jim Schwartz didn't sound too pleased:

"There is no such thing as an excused absence on a voluntary OTA," coach Jim Schwartz said. "Nick's been working, but he was not here today -- he chose not to be here."

From The Detroit News: Lions' Nick Fairley a no-show at voluntary workout; Calvin Johnson rests | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey man the guy still needs his days off to get high, hes got a stressful life being a DT in the nfl and all...

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm fairley certain that Nick is a fat, lazy, waste of a first round pick.

These Lions draft picks sure love to prove me right over the past few seasons.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, what a classy bunch of "fans"...

No idea why Fairley is even gone today, but you're sure ready to throw him under the bus at a moment's notice.

I wonder if other fanbases have guys like this? I would imagine so, there's gotta be fans of other teams that hate their lives as much as these three do...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they wont be hating on him when he is tearing it up this year im sure they will be praising him!!!

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he's working I'm not that worried, but he better be in shape come mandatory event.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't look good when you have a starter and premier talent not attending.....I don't know what he's doing....Maybe he is working out, maybe he isn't. One thing is for sure, it isn't helping this team.

Cohesion is a big part of the D-line as well as the O-line.......I don't think I would like Reiff and Worfford or any other player missing that practice time. It just sends me a signal. It isn't a positive one.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Fairley is the shit! I'm taking the day off work tomorrow,(Anybody know the exact definition of voluntary?) in his honor.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, what a classy bunch of "fans"...

No idea why Fairley is even gone today, but you're sure ready to throw him under the bus at a moment's notice.

I wonder if other fanbases have guys like this? I would imagine so, there's gotta be fans of other teams that hate their lives as much as these three do...

What is 'unclassy' about my post? Even the Lions HEAD COACH said there is no excuse for him to miss the OTA workout.

He was just in the paper less than a month ago talking about taking more of a leadership role and how he was going to help lead the Lions to the Super Bowl this year. Do you feel like this is a step in the right direction for him, by being one of the only guys who skipped the OTA workout?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz didn't say that there's no excuse, he said there's "no such thing as an excused absense" during voluntary workouts when asked, by a reporter, if Fairley was excused from practice.

I swear some of you read headline and then make a snap-decision without bothering to find out the context of a quote. You gotta realize that the media live off of twisting words around to make a story out of nothing. Please don't feed their pathetic egos...

He missed one day, not all of the OTAs. Maybe he had a family reunion, maybe it was his grandma's birthday, maybe he was traveling for the weekend and his flight was delayed, we don't know. It's really not a big deal, he missed one single day of voluntary workouts.

For all you know he may have had a perfectly valid reason, so don't be so quick to trash the guy over such a simple thing... that's all I'm saying.

Sorry for saying that you hate your life. Out of the three I referenced with that one, I'd imagine that you're the happiest since you have a newborn bringing joy to you and the Mrs...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Schwartz would have said it was a renunion or a B-Day or traveling etc etc. The fact he didn't tells me something.

If there was a valid reason, Jimmy would have said it, simply because it makes it look rosie. The fact he didn't say it tells me it's not rosie...

You got guys injured coming back from injury and they are there.

Broyles, Leshoure, Burelson etc etc.....Actions are louder then words......Fairley not being there is a action....

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holey conspiracy theorists Batman!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Kool-Aid drinker Batman!

Guess what Robin, your more then welcome to post your Lions seasons win loss predictions on my thread.

The way you speak we should easily be 12-4 atleast.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to worry guys. Nick was with me. He was a little on edge, and I got him in the right frame of mind.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess what Robin, your more then welcome to post your Lions seasons win loss predictions on my thread.
Yeah TP, b/c if you don't, you're chickenshit. lmao @muzz and his badassness

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Kool-Aid drinker Batman!

The way you speak we should easily be 12-4 atleast.

Why do you keep bringing this up? And now you're assigning me a win-loss record? You might as well just post for me on that thread.

Like I said before, I have no idea what our record will be- there's far too many variables in play still. However, I'm perfectly comfortable just letting things play out and watching what comes of it.

You're starting to sound like BS with your "prediction" thread that you're forcing on me. I really couldn't care less about predicting our record right now...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked into this story, Fairley spent the day saving babies from terrorists. You should feel bad Muzz

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz didn't say that there's no excuse, he said there's "no such thing as an excused absense" during voluntary workouts when asked, by a reporter, if Fairley was excused from practice.

I swear some of you read headline and then make a snap-decision without bothering to find out the context of a quote. You gotta realize that the media live off of twisting words around to make a story out of nothing. Please don't feed their pathetic egos...

He missed one day, not all of the OTAs. Maybe he had a family reunion, maybe it was his grandma's birthday, maybe he was traveling for the weekend and his flight was delayed, we don't know. It's really not a big deal, he missed one single day of voluntary workouts.

For all you know he may have had a perfectly valid reason, so don't be so quick to trash the guy over such a simple thing... that's all I'm saying.

Sorry for saying that you hate your life. Out of the three I referenced with that one, I'd imagine that you're the happiest since you have a newborn bringing joy to you and the Mrs...

What is the difference between "no excuse" and "no such thing as an excused absence"?
They are saying the same thing. He should have been there and he wasn't. Schwartz had no problem saying Delmas (i believe) missed the OTA, but it was to stay and finish rehabbing his injury in Florida.

I only put up the post because Fairley was just in the Detroit papers stating he was going to be taking on a bigger leadership role and that he would be helping lead the Lions to the Super Bowl this year. I loved what I was reading in that article. It sounded like the Lions were going to get a Nick Fairley who was putting in serious work and was ready to be a leader. It made me crack up when the next article written about him is Fairley skipping the OTA.

And you are right -- my life is beyond wonderful right now. My baby boy is doing unbelievable. He was 8 lbs 10 ounces at birth and if he continues to put away breast milk and formula like he has the 1st month -- he is going to be an absolute monster. I'm hoping by the looks of his monster hands and feet, he is going to end up with the same size as other men on either side of our families (her dad is 6'5, my dad is 6'4). I unfortunately am the shortest male in either family at around 6'2 (alright 6'1" and change, but I like to round up LOL)

He has been an absolute blessing and even more so since my wife was told she couldn't have children. He JUST started sleeping a little more, so I've been able to get back on here and talk some. It is nice to have some friendly debate on how fans see certain things going in the upcoming year. I can say without a doubt, as long as my baby continues to be healthy, I don't care if the Lions are 0-16 for the next decade -- I will still have a wonderful life.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think he should be at practice...even if it is voluntary? Oh hell yes!

But I don't know what is going on in the mans life nor do I really care. IF HE PLAYS LIKE A PRO BOWLER THEN THIS IS MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING! But if he is an average DT then he better be renting in Detroit and not looking for a purchased home. I think Schwartz and Mayhew will definitely hold it against him.

SO I guess this hurts his chance of being a Lions Captain this season.